UConn waiting thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Burger in a can

Re: UConn waiting thread

Postby Burger in a can » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:54 am

Thanks, guys! Photoshop + Boredom= Avatar upgrade!!!

Emac

Postby Emac » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:18 pm

I didn't get my application submitted until 2/28. How likely am I to receive a decision by April 19? UConn is my first choice and I hope to be accepted before I go on my tour-o'-schools road trip.

Bobalou

Postby Bobalou » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:38 am

Emac wrote:I didn't get my application submitted until 2/28. How likely am I to receive a decision by April 19? UConn is my first choice and I hope to be accepted before I go on my tour-o'-schools road trip.

I submitted my app on 2/8 and havent even gotten a completion notification email yet. Almost 7 weeks later I got word over the phone that they had all of my stuff but nothing had been looked at as of Thursday. They are slow, but I hold on to hope that once they begin my review that it will be swift and in my favor. Good luck to you!!

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:03 pm

Just withdrew from UConn, so I hope one of you (or at least someone not a total tool) get's my 1st-year in-state thing.

Best of luck to you all.

Burger, my offer of a beer will remain in effect from now until death. So, should I find myself up there or you find yourself somewhere in my vicinity, let the drinking commence.

hotdog123

Postby hotdog123 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:09 pm

--ImageRemoved--

i'm out

Burger in a can

Postby Burger in a can » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:13 am

kalvano wrote:Just withdrew from UConn, so I hope one of you (or at least someone not a total tool) get's my 1st-year in-state thing.

Best of luck to you all.

Burger, my offer of a beer will remain in effect from now until death. So, should I find myself up there or you find yourself somewhere in my vicinity, let the drinking commence.

Sorry to hear that, Kalvano, but I think you're making the right choice. I'll gladly take you up on that beer, and you're always welcome in CT. Best of luck!

Emac

Postby Emac » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:36 pm

Bobalou wrote:
Emac wrote:I didn't get my application submitted until 2/28. How likely am I to receive a decision by April 19? UConn is my first choice and I hope to be accepted before I go on my tour-o'-schools road trip.

I submitted my app on 2/8 and havent even gotten a completion notification email yet. Almost 7 weeks later I got word over the phone that they had all of my stuff but nothing had been looked at as of Thursday. They are slow, but I hold on to hope that once they begin my review that it will be swift and in my favor. Good luck to you!!

You forgot to mention the part where U Conn awards your application lots of scholarship money.

I emailed them on 3/17 since I hadn't received notification that my application was complete, and I was worried about my college certification letter. They emailed me back the same day letting me know my app was complete. I still haven't received a status checker, though.

novaUGuconnPG

Postby novaUGuconnPG » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:11 pm

if it helps any of you waiting, i just got in (full-time) last week with a 160/3.6 from villanova and a good amount of work experience at a law firm. haven't gotten any money yet, but i'm from NE so that helps in the long run. i'll be at ASD and attending in september. can't wait to start!

mwk

Postby mwk » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:58 pm

novaUGuconnPG wrote:if it helps any of you waiting, i just got in (full-time) last week with a 160/3.6 from villanova and a good amount of work experience at a law firm. haven't gotten any money yet, but i'm from NE so that helps in the long run. i'll be at ASD and attending in september. can't wait to start!

When did you go complete? I have similar #'s (161 3.91, CT resident) and I've been trying to figure when to expect a decision based on LSN but it seems so random. Some people around their medians look like they've gotten a decision within weeks and others have gon months without one.

novaUGuconnPG

Postby novaUGuconnPG » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:42 pm

mwk wrote:
novaUGuconnPG wrote:if it helps any of you waiting, i just got in (full-time) last week with a 160/3.6 from villanova and a good amount of work experience at a law firm. haven't gotten any money yet, but i'm from NE so that helps in the long run. i'll be at ASD and attending in september. can't wait to start!

When did you go complete? I have similar #'s (161 3.91, CT resident) and I've been trying to figure when to expect a decision based on LSN but it seems so random. Some people around their medians look like they've gotten a decision within weeks and others have gon months without one.

I finished my application around january 15, but my application wasn't quite complete until probably february 10 because it took awhile for villanova to send my certification form. your numbers are very good i can't see a situation where you (especially as a CT resident) won't get in

mwk

Postby mwk » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:13 pm

novaUGuconnPG wrote:
mwk wrote:

I finished my application around january 15, but my application wasn't quite complete until probably february 10 because it took awhile for villanova to send my certification form. your numbers are very good i can't see a situation where you (especially as a CT resident) won't get in

Thanks, I hope you're right. My concern is that I didn't go complete until March (I just took the LSAT in February). Hoping to hear before the ASD on April 10. Congrats on you're acceptance!

moandersen

Postby moandersen » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:51 pm

just got to hartford an hour ago. the weather has been horrible the past couple days and unfortunately wont be better tomorrow. I stayed in new haven yesterday and visited yale. new haven is pretty dumpy, but yale is nice. i sat in on one of my friends' grad classes, so that was nice. tomorrow i will sit in on a criminal procedure class and then have a tour in the rain. damn rain is never going to stop. im ready for uconn to impress me.

Burger in a can

Postby Burger in a can » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:09 pm

There is now a UConn Law Class of 2013 Facebook group. http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=104997472870471

GobiasIndustries

Postby GobiasIndustries » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:03 pm

I'm withdrawing today and kissing a relatively inexpensive three years goodbye. Here's to my scholarship money landing in someone's pocket :)

ClaireBear

Postby ClaireBear » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:08 pm

moandersen wrote:just got to hartford an hour ago. the weather has been horrible the past couple days and unfortunately wont be better tomorrow. I stayed in new haven yesterday and visited yale. new haven is pretty dumpy, but yale is nice. i sat in on one of my friends' grad classes, so that was nice. tomorrow i will sit in on a criminal procedure class and then have a tour in the rain. damn rain is never going to stop. im ready for uconn to impress me.

Don't worry its supposed to be nicer tomorrow and downright beautiful on Thursday.

ianfitzy

Postby ianfitzy » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:08 pm

Called them up today... My decision is in the mail. Hopefully good news.

Snoopy1216

Postby Snoopy1216 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:15 pm

How did you guys withdraw? Phone or email?

GobiasIndustries

Postby GobiasIndustries » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:23 pm

Snoopy1216 wrote:How did you guys withdraw? Phone or email?

I just sent an email - same as everywhere else.

Emac

Postby Emac » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:34 pm

I think email is best since that way both you and the school have a record of the withdrawl.

moandersen

Postby moandersen » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:37 pm

ClaireBear wrote:
moandersen wrote:just got to hartford an hour ago. the weather has been horrible the past couple days and unfortunately wont be better tomorrow. I stayed in new haven yesterday and visited yale. new haven is pretty dumpy, but yale is nice. i sat in on one of my friends' grad classes, so that was nice. tomorrow i will sit in on a criminal procedure class and then have a tour in the rain. damn rain is never going to stop. im ready for uconn to impress me.

Don't worry its supposed to be nicer tomorrow and downright beautiful on Thursday.

too bad I took the tour today :( Got absolutely soaked. The buildings and campus is nice, but I didnt particularly care that the campus wasnt connected to the ug campus. The class I sat on was just ok. The tour guide wasnt particularly informative and deflected many of my questions to the website or to an email address where I can send my questions. West hartford seems like a quaint little burb, and I thought hartford as a city has culture to offer. I guess my overall impression of uconn was decent, but nothing made me think 'I HAVE to go here.'

My fiance and I left the northeast 2 days earlier than expected due to the craptastic weather. :?

Emma1

Postby Emma1 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:13 pm

Too bad it was raining and you didn't have a good tour guide. We had a really great one who couldn't be more helpful answering my multitude of questions. I'm not sure I would have been very impressed being there in March with it raining. I also wished the law school was connected to the college. I loved West Hartford though. Hope you explored more than just the main drag.

Burger in a can

Postby Burger in a can » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:31 pm

moandersen wrote:
My fiance and I left the northeast 2 days earlier than expected due to the craptastic weather. :?

Well no offense, but if you can't stand 2 days of chilly rain, then you don't belong anywhere near New England...

P.S. But sorry to hear you had a bad time. The good news is that you found out that you don't really want to go to UConn, which is the purpose of visiting, right? :) Where do you think you'll end up now?
Last edited by Burger in a can on Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:26 am

moandersen wrote:The class I sat on was just ok. The tour guide wasnt particularly informative and deflected many of my questions to the website or to an email address where I can send my questions. West hartford seems like a quaint little burb, and I thought hartford as a city has culture to offer. I guess my overall impression of uconn was decent, but nothing made me think 'I HAVE to go here.'

That's funny, you had the exact same impression I did.

Though I prefer that weather.

Burger in a can

Postby Burger in a can » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:41 am

kalvano wrote:
Though I prefer that weather.

Yeah dude I worked a full shift standing outside yesterday and if you ask me, it was pretty nice out! I find the rain refreshing.

Then again, I sleep with the windows open in January. I like to see my breath just before I drift off to dreamland. :mrgreen:

cjr1298

Postby cjr1298 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:25 am

The weather here has been pretty bad the last few years- I've lived in New England my whole life and the last couple of years I found myself saying, hmm, why not Arizona, Southern California, etc . . . ? Is it just me or does it seem like we're all living in a giant bog lately?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”