UConn waiting thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
moandersen

Re: UConn waiting thread

Postby moandersen » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:11 pm

my requirements list has officially been vacated! finally a decision! :)

has anyone whose requirements list gone away been waitlisted/rejected? or have they all been acceptances? time to wait by the mailbox....

msfarley

Postby msfarley » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:58 am

moandersen wrote:my requirements list has officially been vacated! finally a decision! :)

has anyone whose requirements list gone away been waitlisted/rejected? or have they all been acceptances? time to wait by the mailbox....

After my requirements list disappeared I received an acceptance letter a couple days later. Letter sized envelope with 3 or 4 sheets of paper in it. Good luck.

moandersen

Postby moandersen » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:11 am

msfarley wrote:
moandersen wrote:my requirements list has officially been vacated! finally a decision! :)

After my requirements list disappeared I received an acceptance letter a couple days later. Letter sized envelope with 3 or 4 sheets of paper in it. Good luck.

Thanks.

I was pretty confident a week ago - then I got some false information from a dean due to a computer error that said I was waitlisted. Once that was cleared up and the dean admitted that I wasnt even under review yet, my nerves calmed a bit. I want to be admitted so I can make a road trip to new england (never been) during my high school's spring break in a week and a half. :mrgreen:

Burger in a can

Postby Burger in a can » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:01 pm

Financial aid info came in the mail today.

Lighthouse28

Postby Lighthouse28 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:24 pm

Burger in a can wrote:Financial aid info came in the mail today.

General info on how to apply for aid, or specific to a grant application, etc.? I applied for a grant, so... just waiting to hear back!

Burger in a can

Postby Burger in a can » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:32 pm

Lighthouse28 wrote:
Burger in a can wrote:Financial aid info came in the mail today.

General info on how to apply for aid, or specific to a grant application, etc.? I applied for a grant, so... just waiting to hear back!

Financial aid award letter. Mine has stafford loan offers- I assume that it would have grant info if I was cool enough to have won a grant. :)

chisoxfan

Postby chisoxfan » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:53 pm

Has anyone tried to ask UConn for more money/negotiate for more merit aid? Just wondering if this is something that UConn is open on.

Burger in a can

Postby Burger in a can » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:02 pm

Do it. (I will PM you)

Lighthouse28

Postby Lighthouse28 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:00 am

Can you PM me too? Though I don't think I'd be eligible for merit aid cause of my lsat score lol, unless they look at my grad school GPA as well. But I'd like to at least try to get something!

moandersen

Postby moandersen » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:52 am

any input on how long it took you admits to receive your letter in the mail after your requirements disappeared? I dont expect mine today, but im hoping by saturday.....

Bobalou

Postby Bobalou » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:02 am

I still havent even gotten a completion email. 13 days ago I emailed to confirm that my Certification form had been received, and was told

"We have the form and your application will be completed soon. "

Should I just freaking call?

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:40 am

moandersen wrote:any input on how long it took you admits to receive your letter in the mail after your requirements disappeared? I dont expect mine today, but im hoping by saturday.....

It took about 5 days for me, but I live pretty far away.

cjr1298

Postby cjr1298 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:54 am

moandersen wrote:any input on how long it took you admits to receive your letter in the mail after your requirements disappeared? I dont expect mine today, but im hoping by saturday.....

Mine disappeared on a Tuesday and I got my acceptance letter on Thursday, but I'm in CT.

I think you're looking at Friday?

cjr1298

Postby cjr1298 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:57 am

Bobalou wrote:I still havent even gotten a completion email. 13 days ago I emailed to confirm that my Certification form had been received, and was told

Do you have a status checker that is showing incomplete (requirements not checked off)? It took more than three weeks for them to notify me that my application was complete after receiving the status checker and confirming that they had all of my materials.

Bobalou

Postby Bobalou » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:01 pm

cjr1298 wrote:
Bobalou wrote:I still havent even gotten a completion email. 13 days ago I emailed to confirm that my Certification form had been received, and was told

Do you have a status checker that is showing incomplete (requirements not checked off)? It took more than three weeks for them to notify me that my application was complete after receiving the status checker and confirming that they had all of my materials.

No status checker!! I called and had a 7 second conversation. "I'm calling bc I haven't received a completion email" Gave my name and was told "We have everything"

Who knows...

fjk88

Postby fjk88 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:02 pm

Bobalou wrote:
cjr1298 wrote:

No status checker!! I called and had a 7 second conversation. "I'm calling bc I haven't received a completion email" Gave my name and was told "We have everything"

Who knows...

same here...i was never given a status checker...just an email stating that my app was complete.

haven't heard a word out of them since...

Burger in a can

Postby Burger in a can » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:05 pm

FWIW, it took one day for my application to go complete, and then I waited about 3 months for a decision...

Bobalou

Postby Bobalou » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:13 pm

So it seems like there is a general inconsistency in how the applications are handled?

Burger in a can

Postby Burger in a can » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:18 pm

Bobalou wrote:So it seems like there is a general inconsistency in how the applications are handled?

Well I applied very early, and you (presumably) applied towards the end of the cycle, so I guess my data isn't really relevant to your situation. Still, if I went complete in 24 hours I don't know why it seems to be taking so long for them to process your files.

Bobalou

Postby Bobalou » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:23 pm

Burger in a can wrote:
Bobalou wrote:So it seems like there is a general inconsistency in how the applications are handled?

Well I applied very early, and you (presumably) applied toward the end of the cycle, so I guess my data isn't really relevant to your situation. Still, if I went complete in 24 hours I don't know why it seems to be taking so long for them to process your files.

It was my impression based on the varying responses that people have had to this question. I asked it a week or so back as well. I did apply late, first week in February, but its almost 6 weeks now without an email telling me I'm complete. UConn is way up on my list, its just an antsy time with cycles wrapping up.

moandersen

Postby moandersen » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:41 pm

cjr1298 wrote:

Mine disappeared on a Tuesday and I got my acceptance letter on Thursday, but I'm in CT.

Thanks. I live in chicago, so ill look for it tomorrow or saturday. I take it you were accepted?

chisoxfan

Postby chisoxfan » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:11 pm

moandersen wrote:
cjr1298 wrote:

Thanks. I live in chicago, so ill look for it tomorrow or saturday. I take it you were accepted?

I also live in Chicago, and I think it took about a week for my letter to get to me.

moandersen

Postby moandersen » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:15 pm

chisoxfan wrote:
moandersen wrote:
cjr1298 wrote:

I also live in Chicago, and I think it took about a week for my letter to get to me.

im sorry you are a sox fan.

thanks for the info though.

chisoxfan

Postby chisoxfan » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:20 pm

moandersen wrote:
im sorry you are a sox fan.

thanks for the info though.

south sider, can't help it. :lol:

cjr1298

Postby cjr1298 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:26 pm

moandersen wrote:
cjr1298 wrote:

yes.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”