UConn waiting thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Emma1

Re: UConn waiting thread

Postby Emma1 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:04 pm

sounds like this belongs on the ding thread( funny stuff in kind of a dark way....just what the Ding thread likes:)

DonnyMost wrote:OK so rejected students day... who else is down??

--ImageRemoved--

hotdog123

Postby hotdog123 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:06 pm

Emma1 wrote:sounds like this belongs on the ding thread( funny stuff in kind of a dark way....just what the Ding thread likes:)

Most def.

Except I haven't been dinged (yet)... just being pessimistic :)

--ImageRemoved--

Emma1

Postby Emma1 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:03 pm

Good Luck!!!

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:45 am

moandersen wrote:
kalvano wrote::evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

No scholarship money or offer at all.

This is totally baffling to me.

is that so far? or are you 100% sure you arent getting any? Doesnt bode well for me as I was praying for them to give me in-state my first year... I guess i should pray I get accepted first though. haha.

I don't know. I'm waiting until after I visit before I push the issue.

jk9968a

Postby jk9968a » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:23 am

Just found out...accepted to the pt program! I applied to both but it seems like its pretty easy to transfer into the full time program during the first summer. I still need to find out if pt'ers are able to participate in law review, clinics etc but Uconn was my first choice going in, so we'll see what happens.

rjp88

Postby rjp88 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:50 pm

Is anyone planning on attending the ASD on April 10?

hoping4law

Postby hoping4law » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:18 pm

I just applied a couple of weeks ago, i received a confirmation email that the application was received the next morning. They said once lsac sends them a hard copy they would notify me of any missing info and have not heard from them since. Has anyone out there recently applied like me? For all of you early applicants how long should it be before i hear something?

GobiasIndustries

Postby GobiasIndustries » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:03 pm

Did anyone else get a letter recently clarifying scholarship information? I got mine on Saturday. The way the original award letter was worded, it made it sound like I was getting the same amount for three years, but then they clarified it and said it was only for one year. So that was depressing.

Emma1

Postby Emma1 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:16 pm

Who thinks they are going to UConn in the Fall?

Lighthouse28

Postby Lighthouse28 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:38 pm

I'll be attending U Conn for sure. I'm also going to the ASD next month. I hope I won't be the only one there!!

nycparalegal

Postby nycparalegal » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:58 pm

UCONN law makes the following advertisment about its clinics: "Because Connecticut has one of the most liberal student practice rules in the country, student attorneys are permitted to represent clients in an unlimited array of civil and criminal cases in all courts and administrative agencies in the jurisdiction."

What exactly does this mean? How exactly does this make them any different from other law schools that have clinics?

Emma1

Postby Emma1 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:41 pm

Apparently in other states law students are not allowed to represent clients without an attorney present or under their direct supervision or in a more limited way. Connecticut allows law students to have a lot of contact in many courts. Depends on the state.

nycparalegal wrote:UCONN law makes the following advertisment about its clinics: "Because Connecticut has one of the most liberal student practice rules in the country, student attorneys are permitted to represent clients in an unlimited array of civil and criminal cases in all courts and administrative agencies in the jurisdiction."

What exactly does this mean? How exactly does this make them any different from other law schools that have clinics?

Great Satchmo

Postby Great Satchmo » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:07 pm

Waitlist today via snail mail (west coast) 160/3.6.

cjr1298

Postby cjr1298 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:08 pm

hoping4law wrote:I just applied a couple of weeks ago, i received a confirmation email that the application was received the next morning. They said once lsac sends them a hard copy they would notify me of any missing info and have not heard from them since. Has anyone out there recently applied like me? For all of you early applicants how long should it be before i hear something?

I applied the first week in January and it took them about three weeks to complete my application but they claim the first week in January is their busiest time- I got my acceptance four weeks from the date of completion. Did they list your completed requirements yet? I think I heard from them a few days after the requirements list was finally checked off.

nycparalegal

Postby nycparalegal » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:02 pm

Emma1 wrote:Apparently in other states law students are not allowed to represent clients without an attorney present or under their direct supervision or in a more limited way. Connecticut allows law students to have a lot of contact in many courts. Depends on the state.

nycparalegal wrote:UCONN law makes the following advertisment about its clinics: "Because Connecticut has one of the most liberal student practice rules in the country, student attorneys are permitted to represent clients in an unlimited array of civil and criminal cases in all courts and administrative agencies in the jurisdiction."

But isn't that the point of law clinics around the country to give law students practical experience? I guess this is a question for admissions.

mwk

Postby mwk » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:26 pm

Anybody else not get a confirmation that they received the application? I know they received it, since they requested & were sent my LSDAS report, but I've yet to receive any correspondence from the school. I called a couple times asking about how to access the status checker, but was just told that they would email me that information "soon."

lawlife2010

Postby lawlife2010 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:55 pm

mwk wrote:Anybody else not get a confirmation that they received the application? I know they received it, since they requested & were sent my LSDAS report, but I've yet to receive any correspondence from the school. I called a couple times asking about how to access the status checker, but was just told that they would email me that information "soon."

They were one of the schools that took the longest to send me the complete e-mail.

hoping4law

Postby hoping4law » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:47 am

mwk wrote:Anybody else not get a confirmation that they received the application? I know they received it, since they requested & were sent my LSDAS report, but I've yet to receive any correspondence from the school. I called a couple times asking about how to access the status checker, but was just told that they would email me that information "soon."

When did you apply? if you dont mind me asking! I dont know from what i have read in past posts it looks like they have been pretty slow and inconsistent. I actually received a receipt confirmation twice on two separate days. The first one was literally the morning after i submitted and the other a few days later. I still didnt get a username and password for my status checker so i have no idea if my requirements are complete or not. I cant stand the waiting any longer!!

mwk

Postby mwk » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:21 am

hoping4law wrote:

When did you apply? if you dont mind me asking! I dont know from what i have read in past posts it looks like they have been pretty slow and inconsistent. I actually received a receipt confirmation twice on two separate days. The first one was literally the morning after i submitted and the other a few days later. I still didnt get a username and password for my status checker so i have no idea if my requirements are complete or not. I cant stand the waiting any longer!!

I sent my application on 1/26 and they requested my LSDAS on 1/27. However, I just took the LSAT on 2/6 so my report wasn't available until scores came out. I know they wouldn't have received the hard copy of my report until this week, but my main concern is the college certification. The registrar at my UG sent it, but I haven't been able to verify that Uconn received it. I'm going to try calling again today to see if I can get anywhere. I'd hate to be waiting for a decision only to find out that I never went complete.

belo28

Postby belo28 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:02 pm

What's up w/ UCONN? I was complete from early NOVEMBER and still haven't heard!! :\ I am getting very worried now... maybe they lostm y app?

Emma1

Postby Emma1 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:06 pm

I am not sure I understand your concern UNLESS you aren't going to UConn:) It is an interesting question though!

[/quote]

But isn't that the point of law clinics around the country to give law students practical experience? I guess this is a question for admissions.[/quote]

hoping4law

Postby hoping4law » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:25 pm

I sent my application on 1/26 and they requested my LSDAS on 1/27. However, I just took the LSAT on 2/6 so my report wasn't available until scores came out. I know they wouldn't have received the hard copy of my report until this week, but my main concern is the college certification. The registrar at my UG sent it, but I haven't been able to verify that Uconn received it. I'm going to try calling again today to see if I can get anywhere. I'd hate to be waiting for a decision only to find out that I never went complete.[/quote]

Same here i just took my lsat on 2/6 as well, i know that the LSDAS report was sent on 3/4 however because UCONN requests a paper copy i have no idea if it is there yet or not. Also, the paper copy probabily goes out via snailmail so there is no telling. I just wish they would at least send the info about the status checker so i can be sure my college certification form got there. My UG has been kind of flaky in terms of it. I called the registrar to check if they had sent it several times and received no call back. I also paid extra to have my transcript rushed to LSAC and when i called a week later they had just processed my request!

mwk

Postby mwk » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:49 pm

hoping4law wrote: Same here i just took my lsat on 2/6 as well, i know that the LSDAS report was sent on 3/4 however because UCONN requests a paper copy i have no idea if it is there yet or not. Also, the paper copy probabily goes out via snailmail so there is no telling. I just wish they would at least send the info about the status checker so i can be sure my college certification form got there. My UG has been kind of flaky in terms of it. I called the registrar to check if they had sent it several times and received no call back. I also paid extra to have my transcript rushed to LSAC and when i called a week later they had just processed my request!

If they haven't received the LSDAS report yet they should in the next couple days. I received notice from Fordham that I went complete today, and they also requested a hard copy of the report. I just got my status checker info from Fordham today, too, so maybe Uconn will send that info once they get the report?

hoping4law

Postby hoping4law » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:22 pm

mwk wrote:
hoping4law wrote: Same here i just took my lsat on 2/6 as well, i know that the LSDAS report was sent on 3/4 however because UCONN requests a paper copy i have no idea if it is there yet or not. Also, the paper copy probabily goes out via snailmail so there is no telling. I just wish they would at least send the info about the status checker so i can be sure my college certification form got there. My UG has been kind of flaky in terms of it. I called the registrar to check if they had sent it several times and received no call back. I also paid extra to have my transcript rushed to LSAC and when i called a week later they had just processed my request!

If they haven't received the LSDAS report yet they should in the next couple days. I received notice from Fordham that I went complete today, and they also requested a hard copy of the report. I just got my status checker info from Fordham today, too, so maybe Uconn will send that info once they get the report?

hopefully, well good luck with all of your applications! Is UCONN your first choice? Fordham is a great school my mom did her UG there!

mwk

Postby mwk » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:27 pm

hoping4law wrote: hopefully, well good luck with all of your applications! Is UCONN your first choice? Fordham is a great school my mom did her UG there!

Uconn is my first choice. I'm pretty sure I'm not getting into Fordham with my numbers anyway, especially applying so late. I live in ct and for various reasons can't move for at least a couple years, so commuting to NY would probably be too much, even PT. Even so I'd probably go to Uconn anyway. Since I have no desire for biglaw the in-state tuition makes it a much better value, and I'm really looking forward to their clinics and semester in DC program. Is Uconn your first choice as well? What other schools are you looking at?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”