UConn waiting thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
hotdog123

Re: UConn waiting thread

Postby hotdog123 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:08 pm

Well, it was rather awesome getting 3 email blasts about the status checker since almost all of them were busted/had wrong info.

My status is now blank, so I'm guessing the hammer has fallen.

Waiting patiently to get squished.

sapp

Postby sapp » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:12 pm

DonnyMost wrote:Well, it was rather awesome getting 3 email blasts about the status checker since almost all of them were busted/had wrong info.

Don't be so pessimistic! And may my bad news be good news to you...

I received my rejection letter via snail mail over the weekend and my status checker has always had the requirements listed (app, answers to questions, resident stuff, etc).

I think a blank status checker is a good sign!

Good luck! :)

hotdog123

Postby hotdog123 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:13 pm

sapp wrote:
DonnyMost wrote:Well, it was rather awesome getting 3 email blasts about the status checker since almost all of them were busted/had wrong info.

Don't be so pessimistic! And may my bad news be good news to you...

I received my rejection letter via snail mail over the weekend and my status checker has always had the requirements listed (app, answers to questions, resident stuff, etc).

I think a blank status checker is a good sign!

Good luck! :)

Sorry to hear that, but thanks for the good juju.

Best of luck with your remaining apps!

the juice

Postby the juice » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:27 pm

Snoopy1216 wrote:I thought scholarship offers come later? Do they come with your acceptance letter? :?

Just got a full ride for the first year (didn't come with the acceptance letter).

Snoopy1216

Postby Snoopy1216 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:36 pm

the juice wrote:
Snoopy1216 wrote:I thought scholarship offers come later? Do they come with your acceptance letter? :?

Just got a full ride for the first year (didn't come with the acceptance letter).

Yes! Here's hoping!

rjp88

Postby rjp88 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:38 am

DonnyMost wrote:My status is now blank, so I'm guessing the hammer has fallen.

My list of requirements also disappeared and I'm hoping for good news- 164, 3.5x. Had really considered UConn one of my safeties (and top choices overall, realistically) and now I just want to get in!

Does anyone know how long the lag has generally been between status page going blank and getting a letter in the mail?

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:22 am

rjp88 wrote:

My list of requirements also disappeared and I'm hoping for good news- 164, 3.5x. Had really considered UConn one of my safeties (and top choices overall, realistically) and now I just want to get in!

Does anyone know how long the lag has generally been between status page going blank and getting a letter in the mail?

You should be in...same LSAT as me and higher GPA.

Burger in a can

Postby Burger in a can » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:28 pm

Waited for the mail today... no scholarship info yet. :(

moandersen

Postby moandersen » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:35 pm

Lets talk uconn mens basketball to pass the time.....

Please tell me all you who are seriously considering uconn watched that game last night..... What a serious upset, especially on the road at 'nova. I was impressed by the grittiness and hustle of uconn, but their fg% and decision making at times makes me go :shock: Overall, im hopeful they will make some noise the rest of feb and into the conference tournament and squeeze into the tournament as a 9-10 seed. Just my 2 cents.

jkh

Postby jkh » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:40 pm

Waitlisted today for PT...bummer :(

nj05nets

Postby nj05nets » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:18 pm

jkh wrote:Waitlisted today for PT...bummer :(

I am waiting for a decision for PT...when did you go complete?

Did the requirements box in your status checker change at all before or after you received the letter?

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:07 am

moandersen wrote:Lets talk uconn mens basketball to pass the time.....

Please tell me all you who are seriously considering uconn watched that game last night..... What a serious upset, especially on the road at 'nova. I was impressed by the grittiness and hustle of uconn, but their fg% and decision making at times makes me go :shock: Overall, im hopeful they will make some noise the rest of feb and into the conference tournament and squeeze into the tournament as a 9-10 seed. Just my 2 cents.

Don't shoot me.

I don't like basketball.

champ33

Postby champ33 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:16 am

They're probably not going to make the tournament. If they do, they won't be going far.

Burger in a can

Postby Burger in a can » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:17 am

kalvano wrote:

Don't shoot me.

I don't like basketball.

+10000. I was born and raised in Connecticut, but I couldn't even tell you which channel a UConn game is on.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:47 am

I also don't like football.

Try explaining that one in Texas.

rjp88

Postby rjp88 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:00 am

kalvano wrote:
rjp88 wrote:

You should be in...same LSAT as me and higher GPA.

You're right - got the letter last night! So excited and relieved! Now if they just give me some $ my choice would be so easy!

moandersen

Postby moandersen » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:43 am

Burger in a can wrote:
kalvano wrote:

Don't shoot me.

I don't like basketball.

+10000. I was born and raised in Connecticut, but I couldn't even tell you which channel a UConn game is on.

bummer guys. the uconn/nova game was nationally televised on espn. I live for collegiate sports, and actually came this close (picture me putting my fingers extremely close together) to working for ESPN in bristol a couple of years ago. The idea of going attending uconn, which is in the same state as espn hq makes me giddy. but then my friend who does freelance work for espn told me that espnu (their college division) has their hq in north carolina, which makes wf +10 more attractive. haha. strange thinking, I know, but I need my sports. :mrgreen:

Burger in a can

Postby Burger in a can » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:37 pm

moandersen wrote:
Burger in a can wrote:
kalvano wrote:

Don't shoot me.

I don't like basketball.

bummer guys. the uconn/nova game was nationally televised on espn. I live for collegiate sports, and actually came this close (picture me putting my fingers extremely close together) to working for ESPN in bristol a couple of years ago. The idea of going attending uconn, which is in the same state as espn hq makes me giddy. but then my friend who does freelance work for espn told me that espnu (their college division) has their hq in north carolina, which makes wf +10 more attractive. haha. strange thinking, I know, but I need my sports. :mrgreen:

I'm not even sure whether I have ESPN.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:33 pm

I have Fox Sports Southwest, because that's what the Stars play on.

I guess wherever I go, I will have to buy Center Ice.

bceagles182

Postby bceagles182 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:44 pm

My requirements are still listed... I applied the first week of January for FT. UCONN is high on my list because I'm a MA resident so I get in-state +75% tuition.

LSAT>Median
GPA=Median

PS. if you have cable, you have ESPN

moandersen

Postby moandersen » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:32 pm

kalvano wrote:I have Fox Sports Southwest, because that's what the Stars play on.

as a partial season ticket holder for the blackhawks, im super sad about the strong possibility of having to give them up next season because ill be in a different city..... if we both end up at uconn, im going to have to come over to watch hawks games. luckily the hawks play a few national games and a handful on wgn (superstation). I wish the whalers were still in hartfod (they had some sweet sweaters) so i could satisfy my hockey fix.

txelle

Postby txelle » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:43 pm

kalvano wrote:I have Fox Sports Southwest, because that's what the Stars play on.

yay stars!!! of course the one year I actually bought center ice was the one year they didn't make the play offs...

Burger in a can

Postby Burger in a can » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:08 pm

moandersen wrote:as a partial season ticket holder for the blackhawks, im super sad about the strong possibility of having to give them up next season because ill be in a different city..... if we both end up at uconn, im going to have to come over to watch hawks games. luckily the hawks play a few national games and a handful on wgn (superstation). I wish the whalers were still in hartfod (they had some sweet sweaters) so i could satisfy my hockey fix.

You and me both, pal. That was my fine state's ONLY professional sports team, and they sent them to freakin' North Carolina. I went to a bunch of games when I was a kid- I was even fortunate enough to watch Gretzky and the Kings mop the ice with the whalers on two separate occasions in the early 90s. There is still a pretty small fan base here- you see old Whalers hats around once in a while. Last I heard, Hartford was trying to get another NHL franchise but it doesn't look like it's going to happen. :(

(Dear ESPN: Show me Connecticut hockey, and I will watch you.)

icydash

Postby icydash » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:11 pm

Sent in my uconn app on 2/1/10....went complete today (2/17/10).

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:44 am

If I go to UConn, I will make the trip over to Boston every time the Stars are in town.

Same with Wake and North Carolina Whalers.

Same with UW and Vancouver (though going to a foreign country to watch a hockey game is a weird idea).

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”