UConn waiting thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11721
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: UConn waiting thread

Postby kalvano » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:31 pm

Emma1 wrote:
kalvano wrote:Well, my numbers put me close to an auto-admit for UConn, so that's the way I am leaning.

Are you thinking of going to Wake Forest over UConn?



Depends on what kind of offer I get from UConn. I'd rather be in New England.

Emma1
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: UConn waiting thread

Postby Emma1 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:20 pm

Hope you get a great offer soon!

Burger in a can
Posts: 1116
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:21 pm

Re: UConn waiting thread

Postby Burger in a can » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:27 am

I should clarify that I didn't inspect my status checker after being admitted until today, and therefore I cant' be sure when these changes took place. For all I know, everybody's status checker changed today. I hope you guys are in, though. :)

AustinOrgans
Posts: 47
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:04 pm

Re: UConn waiting thread

Postby AustinOrgans » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:09 am

Burger in a can wrote:I should clarify that I didn't inspect my status checker after being admitted until today, and therefore I cant' be sure when these changes took place. For all I know, everybody's status checker changed today. I hope you guys are in, though. :)



Yeah, maybe the requirements box just clears out a while after you've gone complete, or perhaps when you're under review.

There was no letter in my mailbox yesterday. Phew!

Burger in a can
Posts: 1116
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:21 pm

Re: UConn waiting thread

Postby Burger in a can » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:14 pm

I am about to print out my "Student Application for Financial Assistance" form, which is due on March 1st btw, even if you don't have a decision yet. Do other schools request this form? It sort of seems redundant if they already have access to my FAFSA info...

(if you need the UConn form it's here: --LinkRemoved--)

User avatar
sapp
Posts: 151
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:33 pm

Re: UConn waiting thread

Postby sapp » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:16 pm

Burger in a can wrote: Do other schools request this form? It sort of seems redundant if they already have access to my FAFSA info...

(if you need the UConn form it's here: --LinkRemoved--)


Some schools require extra forms, some do not. The schools that do require extra forms mostly all have their own individual forms to complete. (Unless its one that uses NeedAccess or w/e that bs site is that requires you to pay a fee to tell them you need financial assistance - irony? I think so.)

The general rule is complete all financial aid forms for every school you haven't been rejected from. (So glad I didn't apply to 20+ schools). And almost every school has their financial aid stuff due by March 1st or 2nd.

It's fun times completing all these forms, let me tell you. Too bad I'm not independently wealthy and don't have parents/grandparents to foot the bill.

am060459
Posts: 609
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:14 am

Re: UConn waiting thread

Postby am060459 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:21 pm

does UConn offer buisness law (as a concentration)?

User avatar
sapp
Posts: 151
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:33 pm

Re: UConn waiting thread

Postby sapp » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:31 pm

am060459 wrote:does UConn offer buisness law (as a concentration)?

http://www.law.uconn.edu/academics
Towards the bottom of the page, areas of concentration


Certificate programs here:
--LinkRemoved--

tram988
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:51 pm

Re: UConn waiting thread

Postby tram988 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:48 pm

Just got 10k scholarship for my first year! tempting...esp. on top of my in-state tuition.

Burger in a can
Posts: 1116
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:21 pm

Re: UConn waiting thread

Postby Burger in a can » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:28 pm

tram988 wrote:Just got 10k scholarship for my first year! tempting...esp. on top of my in-state tuition.


Congrats! How did you hear? Snail mail?

tram988
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:51 pm

Re: UConn waiting thread

Postby tram988 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:38 pm

Yes I just got it today dated 2/3! They made me a Dean's scholar lol. I wish the 10k was for all three years-- I'm getting greedy :P

You should be hearing soon as well.

User avatar
GobiasIndustries
Posts: 358
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:56 pm

Re: UConn waiting thread

Postby GobiasIndustries » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:36 pm

tram988 wrote:Just got 10k scholarship for my first year! tempting...esp. on top of my in-state tuition.


Got the same mailing today.

tram988
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:51 pm

Re: UConn waiting thread

Postby tram988 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:37 pm

GobiasIndustries wrote:
tram988 wrote:Just got 10k scholarship for my first year! tempting...esp. on top of my in-state tuition.


Got the same mailing today.

10k for one year only right? I still don't think I can turn BC down for it....

User avatar
GobiasIndustries
Posts: 358
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:56 pm

Re: UConn waiting thread

Postby GobiasIndustries » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:41 pm

tram988 wrote:
GobiasIndustries wrote:
tram988 wrote:Just got 10k scholarship for my first year! tempting...esp. on top of my in-state tuition.


Got the same mailing today.

10k for one year only right? I still don't think I can turn BC down for it....


Yeah - I thought just the one year was a little strange. And no, not swaying me from BC, even though I have yet to hear anything from them...

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11721
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: UConn waiting thread

Postby kalvano » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:10 pm

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

User avatar
mikcou
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:23 am

Re: UConn waiting thread

Postby mikcou » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:29 pm

GobiasIndustries wrote:
tram988 wrote:
GobiasIndustries wrote:
tram988 wrote:Just got 10k scholarship for my first year! tempting...esp. on top of my in-state tuition.


Got the same mailing today.

10k for one year only right? I still don't think I can turn BC down for it....


Yeah - I thought just the one year was a little strange. And no, not swaying me from BC, even though I have yet to hear anything from them...


Yea I got full NE tuition for the first year, but only the first year. Thats not going to be enough to sway me from BU or BC (if I get in)

Burger in a can
Posts: 1116
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:21 pm

Re: UConn waiting thread

Postby Burger in a can » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:59 pm

tram988 wrote:Yes I just got it today dated 2/3! They made me a Dean's scholar lol. I wish the 10k was for all three years-- I'm getting greedy :P

You should be hearing soon as well.


They specified that it is not renewable? That seems weird- I didn't know that schools did that! Congratulations anyway! :D

(Come onnnnn, UConn- Burger needs a new pair of shoes!)
Last edited by Burger in a can on Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Burger in a can
Posts: 1116
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:21 pm

Re: UConn waiting thread

Postby Burger in a can » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:00 am

kalvano wrote::cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:


Why the sad faces?

tram988
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:51 pm

Re: UConn waiting thread

Postby tram988 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:39 am

Burger in a can wrote:
tram988 wrote:Yes I just got it today dated 2/3! They made me a Dean's scholar lol. I wish the 10k was for all three years-- I'm getting greedy :P

You should be hearing soon as well.


They specified that it is not renewable? That seems weird- I didn't know that schools did that! Congratulations anyway! :D

(Come onnnnn, UConn- Burger needs a new pair of shoes!)



Isn't it strange? 10k/year would be damn tempting.

User avatar
reasonabledoubt
Posts: 516
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:24 pm

Re: UConn waiting thread

Postby reasonabledoubt » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:50 am

I'm in a pickle... my app is received by Uconn minus the cert but I refuse to request it by my UG institution in fear that it'll in some way prejudice my chances because I'm applying to my UG Law school. Info leakage.... frightened. Is this ridiculous? I've heard of stranger things happening this cycle.

User avatar
84Sunbird2000
Posts: 756
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:39 pm

Re: UConn waiting thread

Postby 84Sunbird2000 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:53 am

reasonabledoubt wrote:I'm in a pickle... my app is received by Uconn minus the cert but I refuse to request it by my UG institution in fear that it'll in some way prejudice my chances because I'm applying to my UG Law school. Info leakage.... frightened. Is this ridiculous? I've heard of stranger things happening this cycle.


I'm going to go ahead and say that there is no way that your UG thinks you are only applying to one school. I very, very much doubt they would hold it against you.

Burger in a can
Posts: 1116
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:21 pm

Re: UConn waiting thread

Postby Burger in a can » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:33 am

84Sunbird2000 wrote:
reasonabledoubt wrote:I'm in a pickle... my app is received by Uconn minus the cert but I refuse to request it by my UG institution in fear that it'll in some way prejudice my chances because I'm applying to my UG Law school. Info leakage.... frightened. Is this ridiculous? I've heard of stranger things happening this cycle.


I'm going to go ahead and say that there is no way that your UG thinks you are only applying to one school. I very, very much doubt they would hold it against you.


+1. I answered the "to which other schools are you applying" question honestly on all of my apps, and it doesn't seem to have had any effect on my cycle at all. Your UG institution will not be offended in the slightest. Good luck! :)

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11721
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: UConn waiting thread

Postby kalvano » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:22 pm

Burger in a can wrote:
kalvano wrote::cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:


Why the sad faces?



Why do you think...no go from BU, still haven't heard from UConn or UW.

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11721
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: UConn waiting thread

Postby kalvano » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:23 pm

reasonabledoubt wrote:I'm in a pickle... my app is received by Uconn minus the cert but I refuse to request it by my UG institution in fear that it'll in some way prejudice my chances because I'm applying to my UG Law school. Info leakage.... frightened. Is this ridiculous? I've heard of stranger things happening this cycle.



Well, first off, if you don't request it, UConn won't look at your file.

Secondly, your UG school know you are applying to multiple schools. It's not going to hurt their feelings.

AustinOrgans
Posts: 47
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:04 pm

Re: UConn waiting thread

Postby AustinOrgans » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:02 pm

In today via regular mail!

Accepted to both (day and evening) divisions at the only school I applied to!!! :P




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Aquinas, Assasindowntheavenue, AZnative, Bing [Bot], DumbHollywoodActor, govlife, lakers3, Leliana, Long shot hero, nslaw123, warmcherrysoda and 28 guests