UConn waiting thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
moandersen

Re: UConn waiting thread

Postby moandersen » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:00 pm

Burger in a can wrote:IN!!!! I am ridiculously excited!!! I almost cried when I opened the envelope!!! Good luck to everyone else who is waiting, and to anyone who thinks they're probably attending in the fall, I will almost definitely see you there! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Awesome! If I get admitted and get in-state tuition my first year, then it will probably be in my top 2. Lots of "ifs" though.

moandersen

Postby moandersen » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:01 pm

reasonabledoubt wrote:
moandersen wrote:Got an email from Rachele Torres this morning stating that my app is complete. I already figured that out, but it was nice to hear from them.

Will they review your app without the dean cert?

I doubt it because you app wont be complete. Just a guess though. You may want to email/call to find out.

mhd08

Postby mhd08 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:23 pm

Well, all my required docs are finally in as of today! Exciting until I realize I'm only now complete.... it's gonna be a looong wait.

AustinOrgans

Postby AustinOrgans » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:27 pm

Burger in a can wrote:IN!!!! I am ridiculously excited!!! I almost cried when I opened the envelope!!! Good luck to everyone else who is waiting, and to anyone who thinks they're probably attending in the fall, I will almost definitely see you there! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Congrats! I will be just about as exuberant if/when I get my acceptance. When did you go complete?

Burger in a can

Postby Burger in a can » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:39 pm

AustinOrgans wrote:

Congrats! I will be just about as exuberant if/when I get my acceptance. When did you go complete?

Complete: mid/late november

Thanks and good luck! :)

(edited- hoping to preserve anonymity)

The letter reads, "Congratulations! I am pleased to inform you that you have been accepted for admission to the Day Division of the University of Connecticut School of Law, for enrollment beginning in the fall of 2010." At first, when I read 'Day Division,' I thought that I had accidentally applied (and been accepted) to the PT program... Any other admitted candidates feel the same way?

rjp88

Postby rjp88 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:33 pm

Burger in a can wrote:
AustinOrgans wrote:

Complete: mid/late november

Thanks and good luck! :)

(edited- hoping to preserve anonymity)

The letter reads, "Congratulations! I am pleased to inform you that you have been accepted for admission to the Day Division of the University of Connecticut School of Law, for enrollment beginning in the fall of 2010." At first, when I read 'Day Division,' I thought that I had accidentally applied (and been accepted) to the PT program... Any other admitted candidates feel the same way?

Congrats! Does the letter make any mention of scholarships?

Burger in a can

Postby Burger in a can » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:36 pm

rjp88 wrote:

No, unfortunately it didn't. There was a supplementary sheet explaining some of the specifics for need-based aid, but no mention of scholarships. If I'm not mistaken, UConn has historically been slow (and a little stingy) when it comes to offering any. Scholarship $$$ will be the deciding factor for me, so I am eager to learn when/whether UConn offers any merit aid.

I wish there was a better current UConn student presence on TLS. Fordham has their OperaSoprano, and all we have is a couple of random posters who answer a question or two and then disappear forever...

rjp88

Postby rjp88 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:38 pm

Burger in a can wrote:
rjp88 wrote:

No, unfortunately it didn't. There was a supplementary sheet explaining some of the specifics for need-based aid, but no mention of scholarships. If I'm not mistaken, UConn has historically been slow (and a little stingy) when it comes to offering any. Scholarship $$$ will be the deciding factor for me, so I am eager to learn when/whether UConn offers any merit aid.

What are you deciding between? UConn is likely to be one of my top contenders, as well, since I can live at home if I do go to UConn.

Agreed on lack of student presence - but I've been on three campus tours, and haven't met anyone who wasn't really pleasant or happy there.

Burger in a can

Postby Burger in a can » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:39 pm

rjp88 wrote:
Burger in a can wrote:
rjp88 wrote:

What are you deciding between? UConn is likely to be one of my top contenders, as well, since I can live at home if I do go to UConn.

I'll PM you.

GobiasIndustries

Postby GobiasIndustries » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:41 pm

Burger - awesome! Congrats!

Burger in a can

Postby Burger in a can » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:46 pm

GobiasIndustries wrote:

THANKS!!! :) :) :) I am going to work now, which feels weird because I am in a great mood!

Eruannon

Postby Eruannon » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:08 pm

Burger in a can wrote:
GobiasIndustries wrote:

THANKS!!! :) :) :) I am going to work now, which feels weird because I am in a great mood!

Quit that shit! :lol:

Eruannon

Postby Eruannon » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:18 pm

Letter is sitting on my desk at home.... Suspense is killing me. I don't get out of class for an hour.

What size is the envelope?

Emma1

Postby Emma1 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:07 pm

Congrats Burger!Hope you get some $ too

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:43 pm

Congratulations dude. I know it's been killing you, waiting.

Currently in North Carolina right now, so hoping there is an envelope waiting at home for me.

Congrats again, dude.

Burger in a can

Postby Burger in a can » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:57 am

k
Last edited by Burger in a can on Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Burger in a can

Postby Burger in a can » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:59 am

Eruannon wrote:Letter is sitting on my desk at home.... Suspense is killing me. I don't get out of class for an hour.

Although an hour has passed so I'm sure you've already opened yours, I'll answer the question so everyone knows: The acceptance envelope is small... in fact it's rejection-sized, but feels too thick to be a ding. There are 3 (4?) sheets of paper folded up in it. Good luck!

Burger in a can

Postby Burger in a can » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:01 am

Emma1 wrote:Congrats Burger!Hope you get some $ too

Thanks! :mrgreen:

Eruannon

Postby Eruannon » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:52 am

Burger in a can wrote:
Eruannon wrote:Letter is sitting on my desk at home.... Suspense is killing me. I don't get out of class for an hour.

Although an hour has passed so I'm sure you've already opened yours, I'll answer the question so everyone knows: The acceptance envelope is small... in fact it's rejection-sized, but feels too thick to be a ding. There are 3 (4?) sheets of paper folded up in it. Good luck!

Waitlist, :( . Congrats to you though!!! I am going to send in a LOCI today.

moandersen

Postby moandersen » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:48 am

Eruannon wrote:Waitlist, :( . Congrats to you though!!! I am going to send in a LOCI today.

bummer, sorry.

do you mind sharing/PMing your stats so I/we can get an idea on what numbers Uconn are looking for?

Burger in a can

Postby Burger in a can » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:07 pm

Eruannon wrote:
Burger in a can wrote:

Waitlist, :( . Congrats to you though!!! I am going to send in a LOCI today.

Sorry to hear that, but I think I recall reading that you have a really good LSAT score, so I'm surprised that you're waitlisted. I'm sure you'll get in after a LOCI. :)

Burger in a can

Postby Burger in a can » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:11 pm

Sorry I have been annoyingly dominating this thread- I promise I will calm down.

I just wanted to say that after scouring LSN for any kind of hint as to when/whether scholarship info comes out, I found this profile from last year: http://lawschoolnumbers.com/honza9 Note that he's from Colorado, so the in-state tuition for the first year is pretty significant.

3/02 - Accepted via frighteningly small envelope to UConn. This makes me smile, I'd be very happy to attend UConn.

3/20 - Received small letter notifying me I was eligible to receive in-state tuition for my first year at UConn, a difference of over 20k. This is spectacular news! UConn making a play!

4/6 - Received a "revised" financial aid package from UConn, which includes in-state tuition during first year ($21,720) and an additional renewable $10k. Wow, that is a lot of money.

So if this single piece of random internet evidence is at all indicative of reality, scholarship info might start to come out in the next couple of months... I'm just happy to see that it (apparently) doesn't come with the acceptance letter.

EDIT: Oops! This LSN profile appears to completely negate everything I just said: http://lawschoolnumbers.com/nyrunnerct
11/21/08- UConn acceptance in small white envelope. 10k for first year! Helps to defray cost before instate tuition kicks in.

DOUBLE-EDIT: Hmmm, but then this one restores my original point: http://lawschoolnumbers.com/fpardo
1-26 Accepted at UConn via small letter. $20,000 Olliver Ellsworth scholarship on 2/17 via USPS envelope.

I guess the only sure thing I've discovered today is that I have no idea when or if UConn will offer merit aid. :)

mixitup

Postby mixitup » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:31 pm

How long did it take people to get confirmation emails from UConn? I applied super late because of December LSAT, so my app was only submitted about a week ago. I've gotten emails about the receipt of my application from most other schools I applied to though, so I'm anxious about UConn because it's my top choice!

I'm worried though because of my late application...and my numbers aren't stellar by any means...
159 LSAT, 3.6 from Duke, and I'm out of state.

Thoughts? (Also congrats to all of you that are in...i'm jealous!)

moandersen

Postby moandersen » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:44 pm

mixitup wrote:How long did it take people to get confirmation emails from UConn? I applied super late because of December LSAT, so my app was only submitted about a week ago. I've gotten emails about the receipt of my application from most other schools I applied to though, so I'm anxious about UConn because it's my top choice!

I'm worried though because of my late application...and my numbers aren't stellar by any means...
159 LSAT, 3.6 from Duke, and I'm out of state.

Thoughts? (Also congrats to all of you that are in...i'm jealous!)

from the looks of lsn, uconn was quicker earlier in the cycle to mark apps complete, but for dec takers (like myself) it seems they take longer. it took me roughly 3x as long to go complete at uconn, when compared to other schools i applied too.

burger - the last example you have is a urm....so that might skew the numbers. regardless, i hope you are correct about $ if i am admitted.

AustinOrgans

Postby AustinOrgans » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:29 pm

Did anyone apply to both part-time and full-time?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”