UConn waiting thread Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Lighthouse28

Bronze

Re: UConn waiting thread

Post by Lighthouse28 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:20 pm

cjr1298 wrote:I would say $825 is pretty good, I was paying $700 for a not so nice apartment ten years ago.
Good to know. Think I'll sign the lease for it soon then. Landlord said he'll hold the apt for me until August! And since they are re-painting, he's gonna let me choose the colors too! :)

I checked out a place really close to campus, walking distance. The rent was $725 and included all utilities, but I wouldn't live there. The windows wouldn't even lock! There was no counter space in the kitchen whatsoever. Everything was ancient, all the appliances and whatnot. And they had no desire to update ANYTHING!

insertclevernamehere

Bronze

Post by insertclevernamehere » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:44 pm

AustinOrgans wrote:I got really good impressions from UConn at the ASD on Saturday. The mock class made me want to get started right away! Afterward, I wandered into the library on my own and ended up talking to the work study behind the circulation desk for a while. He sold me on competing in mock trial competitions first year, and possibly on doing a work study first year as well. I walked away from the event excited for the fall, and confident that I belong not only at UConn, but in law school.

Missed the breakfast with the Dean b/c of a faulty GPS. Shame on me for depending on technology.
I missed most of breakfast with the Dean (got there after 40 minutes) because there was a tree branch hanging over the sign and I didn't see. Fail because somehow I kept overlooking the fact there was a huge line of cars.

kaydish21

Bronze

Post by kaydish21 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:01 pm

insertclevernamehere wrote:
AustinOrgans wrote:I got really good impressions from UConn at the ASD on Saturday. The mock class made me want to get started right away! Afterward, I wandered into the library on my own and ended up talking to the work study behind the circulation desk for a while. He sold me on competing in mock trial competitions first year, and possibly on doing a work study first year as well. I walked away from the event excited for the fall, and confident that I belong not only at UConn, but in law school.

Missed the breakfast with the Dean b/c of a faulty GPS. Shame on me for depending on technology.
I missed most of breakfast with the Dean (got there after 40 minutes) because there was a tree branch hanging over the sign and I didn't see. Fail because somehow I kept overlooking the fact there was a huge line of cars.
Ha, I totally did the same thing! I drove by and had no clue for about 5 miles before finally figuring it out. I was really impressed with UCONN Law overall, but I feel like they sold themselves short. They did not talk about what UCONN's strengths were very much and I left just wondering why they didn't stress all of their strong points when they clearly have quite a few. I also thought the DC program sounded cool but questioned the reasoning on having the first thing people hear at the ASD is all about a way to leave Hartford and UCONN for a semester and think that kind of sends the wrong message.

jk9968a

New

Post by jk9968a » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:19 pm

Agree with a lot of what's already been said here...ASD rocked...would love to be one of the handful to go to DC one semester. I was wondering if anybody knows if UConn has given out usernames and passwords for online forums re: housing, classes, email and the like

Burger in a can

Silver

Post by Burger in a can » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:43 pm

I just noticed that the housing username/password has been posted on the admitted students site. Don't get too excited- there aren't that many places on the list. Still, it's nice to have some more options. Good luck!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Lighthouse28

Bronze

Post by Lighthouse28 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:39 pm

Burger in a can wrote:I just noticed that the housing username/password has been posted on the admitted students site. Don't get too excited- there aren't that many places on the list. Still, it's nice to have some more options. Good luck!
where is it?? I don't see it ! :oops:

Burger in a can

Silver

Post by Burger in a can » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:08 am

Lighthouse28 wrote:
Burger in a can wrote:I just noticed that the housing username/password has been posted on the admitted students site. Don't get too excited- there aren't that many places on the list. Still, it's nice to have some more options. Good luck!
where is it?? I don't see it ! :oops:
I sent you a PM with the username and password, since I didn't want to publicly broadcast them over the internet. :)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”