UConn waiting thread Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Snoopy1216

Bronze

Re: UConn waiting thread

Post by Snoopy1216 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:15 am

Got the status checker yesterday. Haha mine is definitely defective. No status appears for me

smgallag

New

Post by smgallag » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:22 am

I don't think any of them show actual "Status." They just show the requirements list and whether everything has been received.

I believe the first committee review is going on today, but I don't know when the decisions will be sent out.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:33 pm

Last year, it seems as if a lot of people got their decision in the first couple weeks of February.

I take their email to mean that individual committee members are reviewing files now, and that full committee review won't take long.

AustinOrgans

New

Post by AustinOrgans » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:49 pm

The email UConn put out says the AdComs have been hard at work reading the apps and meet for the first time next week. At least they've begun the process by reading over essays, etc. Next week they'll start making piles.

tram988

Silver

Post by tram988 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:52 pm

kalvano wrote:Last year, it seems as if a lot of people got their decision in the first couple weeks of February.

I take their email to mean that individual committee members are reviewing files now, and that full committee review won't take long.
regardless it's very late. At least let the auto admits in earlier. Uconn sees itself as that special school-- first the tailored ps, then the deans cert, and now taking forever. Grr

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:55 pm

tram988 wrote:
kalvano wrote:Last year, it seems as if a lot of people got their decision in the first couple weeks of February.

regardless it's very late. At least let the auto admits in earlier. Uconn sees itself as that special school-- first the tailored ps, then the deans cert, and now taking forever. Grr

I'm still waiting on decisions from several schools.

I really don't care when they start reviewing, as long as I get my decision before the end of February.

tram988

Silver

Post by tram988 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:59 pm

kalvano wrote:
tram988 wrote:

I really don't care when they start reviewing, as long as I get my decision before the end of February.

Right as am I. But every other school I have applied to has made decisions for at least some people. Uconn is lazy.

Burger in a can

Silver

Post by Burger in a can » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:36 pm

kalvano wrote:
tram988 wrote:

+1 I'm in no hurry. (I did think it was humorously late in the game to be setting up status checkers, especially because I went complete via email over 2 months ago, but whatever)

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:43 am

Do they send scholarship info with acceptance letters? I feel pretty good about my chances there, and since I want to live in New England, it's high on my list, but that $$$ from Wake Forest is pretty tempting.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Burger in a can

Silver

Post by Burger in a can » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:11 pm

kalvano wrote:Do they send scholarship info with acceptance letters? I feel pretty good about my chances there, and since I want to live in New England, it's high on my list, but that $$$ from Wake Forest is pretty tempting.
FWIW, it looks like this person on LSN was accepted last year on 2/9/09 and received "financial aid info" on 3/30/09. Idk whether that means scholarship info or not. http://lawschoolnumbers.com/shrapnel22
If you look at their LSN acceptances from last year, it doesn't seem like they're overly generous with the $$$...

World B. Free

Bronze

Post by World B. Free » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:13 pm

They are not too generous at all... props for finally getting a status checker though!

champ33

Bronze

Post by champ33 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:27 pm

I visited yesterday, took a tour, and was told everyone gets in-state tuition for 2 and 3L, which is great and definitely puts UConn higher on my list. The law school is about 45 minutes from the undergrad campus, which I didn't know.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:16 am

I guess it's tough to be generous when you can get in-state for the final two years at such a cheap price.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

TUhustler

New

Post by TUhustler » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:26 pm

I was just looking at apartments around Hartford, seems they have a lot of nice 1 bedrooms with everything included (appliances, utilities, parking spot) for $700. This is making me want my decesion even more.

moandersen

Silver

Post by moandersen » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:30 pm

In my status checker, not all of the boxes that should be checked are checked. I know in the initial email about the status checker said there may be some lag between what uconn actually has and what gets marked on our status checker, but what do you think is a good period of time to wait before I email to check to see if they are in fact missing something?

Burger in a can

Silver

Post by Burger in a can » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:24 am

TUhustler wrote:I was just looking at apartments around Hartford, seems they have a lot of nice 1 bedrooms with everything included (appliances, utilities, parking spot) for $700. This is making me want my decesion even more.
True, the housing in central CT isn't overly expensive, but just so everyone is aware, Hartford has some pretty awful neighborhoods and there are some kind of scummy areas in the surrounding towns too. There are also really nice areas, but they (obviously) tend to be more expensive. I just wanted to offer a word of warning in case anyone is going to base their law school decision upon the cheap apartments available in Frog Hollow... :)

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:30 am

Yeah, I checked some of the suburbs of Hartford. I can rent a pretty nice house for $1400, $1500 a month. I was pretty surprised at how many were available.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

GobiasIndustries

Bronze

Post by GobiasIndustries » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:51 pm

UConn = 20 minutes from my parents' house. So I could potentially trade all my living expenses for deep, long-lasting psychological burdens.

tram988

Silver

Post by tram988 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:52 pm

GobiasIndustries wrote:UConn = 20 minutes from my parents' house. So I could potentially trade all my living expenses for deep, long-lasting psychological burdens.
Same here lol!

smgallag

New

Post by smgallag » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:04 pm

GobiasIndustries wrote:UConn = 20 minutes from my parents' house. So I could potentially trade all my living expenses for deep, long-lasting psychological burdens.
Would therapy bills count at CoL expenses?

Burger in a can

Silver

Post by Burger in a can » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:12 pm

tram988 wrote:
Same here lol!
+3 (a little further than 20 minutes)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

GobiasIndustries

Bronze

Post by GobiasIndustries » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:14 pm

Burger in a can wrote:
tram988 wrote:
Same here lol!
What a great network we would have! We could have parties when our parents go out of town and invite all the undergrads. 8)

tram988

Silver

Post by tram988 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:15 pm

GobiasIndustries wrote:
Burger in a can wrote:
tram988 wrote:
Same here lol!
What a great network we would have! We could have parties when our parents go out of town and invite all the undergrads. 8)
Yes we sure could!! I have a ton of friends a UConn for undergrad...yessss

smgallag

New

Post by smgallag » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:39 am

I have a feeling that today is when we will start to hear from UConn.

stoicjustice

New

Post by stoicjustice » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:54 am

Uconn is a reach for me but I hope you're right - it would be nice to hear something. It seems over the last few weeks that Fridays have been pretty active.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”