UC Irvine 2013

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
lobstar
Posts: 77
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:05 am

Re: UC Irvine 2013

Postby lobstar » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:57 pm

Y'all are prob gonna have to wait a bit for the last batch to go out. If there is one, it'll probably be the last one.

Do dance and consult an augury if it makes you feel better :?

And hey! Maybe people will decline the offer, which will free up even more seats! :o

User avatar
msch0i
Posts: 615
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:55 pm

Re: UC Irvine 2013

Postby msch0i » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:19 pm

lobstar wrote:Y'all are prob gonna have to wait a bit for the last batch to go out. If there is one, it'll probably be the last one.

Do dance and consult an augury if it makes you feel better :?

And hey! Maybe people will decline the offer, which will free up even more seats! :o


This post makes me really sad :cry:

User avatar
lobstar
Posts: 77
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:05 am

Re: UC Irvine 2013

Postby lobstar » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:46 pm

msch0i wrote:
lobstar wrote:Y'all are prob gonna have to wait a bit for the last batch to go out. If there is one, it'll probably be the last one.

Do dance and consult an augury if it makes you feel better :?

And hey! Maybe people will decline the offer, which will free up even more seats! :o


This post makes me really sad :cry:


The scuttlebutt when I visited was one or two more waves. Looks like we just had one, and even though law students as a whole are not so great at "maths" ...

Hang in there!

User avatar
Neil
Posts: 178
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:09 pm

Re: UC Irvine 2013

Postby Neil » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:19 pm

msch0i wrote:
lobstar wrote:Y'all are prob gonna have to wait a bit for the last batch to go out. If there is one, it'll probably be the last one.

Do dance and consult an augury if it makes you feel better :?

And hey! Maybe people will decline the offer, which will free up even more seats! :o


This post makes me really sad :cry:


+1. Maybe we can summon one more batch if we all play Nintendo at the same time? Does next Friday at 3 p.m. Cali time work for everybody?

User avatar
calgal17
Posts: 293
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:08 am

Re: UC Irvine 2013

Postby calgal17 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:33 pm

lobstar wrote:Y'all are prob gonna have to wait a bit for the last batch to go out. If there is one, it'll probably be the last one.

Do dance and consult an augury if it makes you feel better :?

And hey! Maybe people will decline the offer, which will free up even more seats! :o


Thanks Debbie Downer. :(

User avatar
msch0i
Posts: 615
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:55 pm

Re: UC Irvine 2013

Postby msch0i » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:57 pm

Neil wrote:
msch0i wrote:
lobstar wrote:Y'all are prob gonna have to wait a bit for the last batch to go out. If there is one, it'll probably be the last one.

Do dance and consult an augury if it makes you feel better :?

And hey! Maybe people will decline the offer, which will free up even more seats! :o


This post makes me really sad :cry:


+1. Maybe we can summon one more batch if we all play Nintendo at the same time? Does next Friday at 3 p.m. Cali time work for everybody?


:lol:

User avatar
lt0826
Posts: 215
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:58 am

Re: UC Irvine 2013

Postby lt0826 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:06 am

BTW I posted a trip report of my campus visit in the class of 2013 thread:

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=109845&p=2662841#p2662841

Inygma
Posts: 629
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:11 pm

Re: UC Irvine 2013

Postby Inygma » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:05 pm

calgal17 wrote:
lobstar wrote:Y'all are prob gonna have to wait a bit for the last batch to go out. If there is one, it'll probably be the last one.

Do dance and consult an augury if it makes you feel better :?

And hey! Maybe people will decline the offer, which will free up even more seats! :o


Thanks Debbie Downer. :(


Reality check FTL

User avatar
msch0i
Posts: 615
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:55 pm

Re: UC Irvine 2013

Postby msch0i » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:17 pm

Really, really trying to keep hope alive for another batch of phone calls. If not, really really hoping for a WL soon. Either way, I'm keeping hope alive. And playing Sim city whenever I have free time...since playing games appears to be a good luck charm 8)

SandyC877
Posts: 297
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:27 am

Re: UC Irvine 2013

Postby SandyC877 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:31 pm

Were any of you able to secure some more scholarship money other than the guaranteed 50% for all?

sooner
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:36 pm

Re: UC Irvine 2013

Postby sooner » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:45 pm

I have been lurking but not posting, too nervous, but I got into UCI this week, totally stoked. Good Lsat, decent grades, good (as in real) reasons to go to UCI, not a back up choice for me. Haven't heard from all other schools but I don't think I care, but will wait for Boalt--that would be hard choice. Opinions?

socal99
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:26 pm

Re: UC Irvine 2013

Postby socal99 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:24 pm

sooner wrote:I have been lurking but not posting, too nervous, but I got into UCI this week, totally stoked. Good Lsat, decent grades, good (as in real) reasons to go to UCI, not a back up choice for me. Haven't heard from all other schools but I don't think I care, but will wait for Boalt--that would be hard choice. Opinions?


I think it depends how much money Berkeley offers you. Berkeley is a great school obviously, but then so is UCI. Although I think in terms of ranking BK is going to be a much stronger bet. One of the benefits of UCI is the opportunity to shape a new institution and to be part of a smaller, friendly(er?) community. Then again, the Bay Area ain't half bad...

SandyC877
Posts: 297
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:27 am

Re: UC Irvine 2013

Postby SandyC877 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:50 pm

socal99 wrote:
sooner wrote:I have been lurking but not posting, too nervous, but I got into UCI this week, totally stoked. Good Lsat, decent grades, good (as in real) reasons to go to UCI, not a back up choice for me. Haven't heard from all other schools but I don't think I care, but will wait for Boalt--that would be hard choice. Opinions?


I think it depends how much money Berkeley offers you. Berkeley is a great school obviously, but then so is UCI. Although I think in terms of ranking BK is going to be a much stronger bet. One of the benefits of UCI is the opportunity to shape a new institution and to be part of a smaller, friendly(er?) community. Then again, the Bay Area ain't half bad...


yes it is. :lol:

User avatar
jrb211
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:49 pm

Re: UC Irvine 2013

Postby jrb211 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:30 pm

I really really would love to go to Irvine. If they called me I would probably just withdraw all my other applications. The wait is agonizing!

StyrofoamWar
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:16 pm

Re: UC Irvine 2013

Postby StyrofoamWar » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:25 pm

jrb211 wrote:I really really would love to go to Irvine. If they called me I would probably just withdraw all my other applications. The wait is agonizing!


+12

ss87ss
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:11 pm

Re: UC Irvine 2013

Postby ss87ss » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:43 am

.
Last edited by ss87ss on Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ruleser
Posts: 870
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:41 am

Re: UC Irvine 2013

Postby ruleser » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:13 am

ss87ss wrote:Does anyone know if they are required to take a certain percentage of California residents? I noticed on their profile of last years class that the majority were in state, but that could have been due to more CA residents knowing about the school or interested in staying in CA.

Neither ucla nor uc berk consider whether you're ca res for admissions, so likely not required, but I'd say they may be doing it for yield rate

User avatar
lobstar
Posts: 77
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:05 am

Re: UC Irvine 2013

Postby lobstar » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:19 pm

State universities favor their own residents, as they were established to provide affordable public education for their constituency. The UCs are generally no different.

For example, the Berk undergraduate admitted 10 CA residents for every 1 non-resident. However, because so many more in-state applied, the admissions rate for in-state was only 12% higher.

UCI had 25% out of state last year (15 kids) which is higher than the average, but 1.) law school is different from undergraduate; 2.) the size of the class is statistically insignificant; 3.) UCI Law is a new school.
Last edited by lobstar on Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: UC Irvine 2013

Postby Veritas » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:20 pm

lobstar wrote:State universities favor their own residents, as they were established to provide affordable public education for their constituency. The UCs are generally no different.

For example, the Berk undergraduate admitted 10 CA residents for every 1 non-resident. However, because so many more in-state applied, the admissions rate for in-state was only 12% higher.

UG operates a bit differently to Grad programs, in my experience.

User avatar
lobstar
Posts: 77
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:05 am

Re: UC Irvine 2013

Postby lobstar » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:25 pm

Veritas wrote:
lobstar wrote:State universities favor their own residents, as they were established to provide affordable public education for their constituency. The UCs are generally no different.

For example, the Berk undergraduate admitted 10 CA residents for every 1 non-resident. However, because so many more in-state applied, the admissions rate for in-state was only 12% higher.

UG operates a bit differently to Grad programs, in my experience.


Damnit, beat me to it before I could amend why those numbers can't be used as an accurate predictor for UCI.

But the UCs as a whole serve to educate CA residents as a priority.

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: UC Irvine 2013

Postby Veritas » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:27 pm

lobstar wrote:
Veritas wrote:
lobstar wrote:State universities favor their own residents, as they were established to provide affordable public education for their constituency. The UCs are generally no different.

For example, the Berk undergraduate admitted 10 CA residents for every 1 non-resident. However, because so many more in-state applied, the admissions rate for in-state was only 12% higher.

UG operates a bit differently to Grad programs, in my experience.


Damnit, beat me to it before I could amend why those numbers can't be used as an accurate predictor for UCI.

But the UCs as a whole serve to educate CA residents as a priority.

You're sounding like a UC rep :wink:

ss87ss
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:11 pm

Re: UC Irvine 2013

Postby ss87ss » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:10 pm

1
Last edited by ss87ss on Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
msch0i
Posts: 615
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:55 pm

Re: UC Irvine 2013

Postby msch0i » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:27 pm

Any waitlist news yet? I wonder how they send them out. There's one LSN WL but I'm not sure if it's accurate since he's the only one..

njskatchmo
Posts: 101
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:35 pm

Re: UC Irvine 2013

Postby njskatchmo » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:34 pm

No one wants to split a room for the ASD? How can I find out which hotels offer the shuttle that was previously mentioned. I'd rather not pay for a taxi/rent a car.

Inygma
Posts: 629
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:11 pm

Re: UC Irvine 2013

Postby Inygma » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:34 pm

njskatchmo wrote:No one wants to split a room for the ASD? How can I find out which hotels offer the shuttle that was previously mentioned. I'd rather not pay for a taxi/rent a car.


Call them?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Google [Bot] and 7 guests