UC Irvine 2013

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Inygma

Re: UC Irvine 2013

Postby Inygma » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:48 pm

sdegarmo wrote:
Inygma wrote:
msch0i wrote:Hm, seems to be a quiet week so far...at least for all the schools I've applied to - not only Irvine. The third week of january had lots of action last year....maybe tomorrow we'll hear some news?

It's this crazy ass storm! Tornado 5 minutes from my house! I've never seen a tornado before.

i heard on the news there was a tornado in huntington beach yesterday that flipped an SUV

Ya and in Yorba Linda, though it headed towards Dana Point

msch0i

Postby msch0i » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:24 pm

aaaaand another acceptance on LSN 25 mins ago (a testament to my stalking skills, for sure). Yet another applicant with great numbers and extensive WE. Dean Ortiz, I did the best I could and worked throughout undergrad...does that count? :D

Inygma

Postby Inygma » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:41 pm

msch0i wrote:aaaaand another acceptance on LSN 25 mins ago (a testament to my stalking skills, for sure). Yet another applicant with great numbers and extensive WE. Dean Ortiz, I did the best I could and worked throughout undergrad...does that count? :D

Umm, look at the schools that girl applied to.... No T-14s, but awesome numbers, interesting...

Well congrats if your on here =)

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:48 pm

In the spirit of Inygma (in the USC thread) we should pick a day to take a tour!

Inygma

Postby Inygma » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:50 pm

Veritas wrote:In the spirit of Inygma (in the USC thread) we should pick a day to take a tour!

Haha, fixed it :oops: Though I could fake optimism

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:09 pm

Inygma wrote:
Veritas wrote:In the spirit of Inygma (in the USC thread) we should pick a day to take a tour!

LOL I thought you were legit!

Did you mean to post in here?

Inygma

Postby Inygma » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:16 pm

Veritas wrote:
Inygma wrote:

LOL I thought you were legit!

Did you mean to post in here?

In the USD thread, I'm starting to believe SD is the only LS that <3's me

msch0i

Postby msch0i » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:16 pm

i vote for a yet-to-be-admitted-students day.

pruvu

Postby pruvu » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:43 pm

msch0i wrote:
aaaaand another acceptance on LSN 25 mins ago (a testament to my stalking skills, for sure). Yet another applicant with great numbers and extensive WE. Dean Ortiz, I did the best I could and worked throughout undergrad...does that count?

Umm, look at the schools that girl applied to.... No T-14s, but awesome numbers, interesting...

Yes, I actually am on here. Thanks for the congrats! LOOOOOOOOONG time lurker, first time poster. My LSN profile doesn't reflect all of my applications. For what it's worth, someone like me lurking these boards starts to believe that they have no shot at lots of schools--so many fabulously qualified, brilliant people here, it appears--but I did indeed apply to some of the lower end of the T14. I'm just busy and don't get on LSN much to keep it updated. When I do update, it's generally just the places I've been accepted.

In truth, the only reason I popped on and updated today was because I have been stalking this thread to see when calls were going out, and I wanted to contribute if I could. My LSAT is right at the median for last year's class, if I remember correctly, and I really didn't know where they were going with it this year, so I've been quite nervous. I was hoping I was the beginning of a big batch of calls today that would include all of you guys, but maybe Dean Ortiz is doing those tomorrow. :)

No one in my family has ever gone to any kind of graduate school, so this whole process has been kind of stressful and mysterious and complicated. Glad to have a bit of company for the ride.

msch0i

Postby msch0i » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:49 pm

pruvu wrote:Yes, I actually am on here. Thanks for the congrats! LOOOOOOOOONG time lurker, first time poster. My LSN profile doesn't reflect all of my applications. For what it's worth, someone like me lurking these boards starts to believe that they have no shot at lots of schools--so many fabulously qualified, brilliant people here, it appears--but I did indeed apply to some of the lower end of the T14. I'm just busy and don't get on LSN much to keep it updated. When I do update, it's generally just the places I've been accepted.

In truth, the only reason I popped on and updated today was because I have been stalking this thread to see when calls were going out, and I wanted to contribute if I could. My LSAT is right at the median for last year's class, if I remember correctly, and I really didn't know where they were going with it this year, so I've been quite nervous. I was hoping I was the beginning of a big batch of calls today that would include all of you guys, but maybe Dean Ortiz is doing those tomorrow. :)

No one in my family has ever gone to any kind of graduate school, so this whole process has been kind of stressful and mysterious and complicated. Glad to have a bit of company for the ride.

Congrats!! No wonder, with your numbers, you should fare very well in the T14. Wish you the best of luck on the rest of your cycle :D

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:51 pm

pruvu wrote:
msch0i wrote:
aaaaand another acceptance on LSN 25 mins ago (a testament to my stalking skills, for sure). Yet another applicant with great numbers and extensive WE. Dean Ortiz, I did the best I could and worked throughout undergrad...does that count?

Yes, I actually am on here. Thanks for the congrats! LOOOOOOOOONG time lurker, first time poster. My LSN profile doesn't reflect all of my applications. For what it's worth, someone like me lurking these boards starts to believe that they have no shot at lots of schools--so many fabulously qualified, brilliant people here, it appears--but I did indeed apply to some of the lower end of the T14. I'm just busy and don't get on LSN much to keep it updated. When I do update, it's generally just the places I've been accepted.

Hello! Congrats!!

Hang out here some more :D

Inygma

Postby Inygma » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:56 pm

pruvu wrote:
msch0i wrote:

Congrats! Glad to see you are a TLS'r.

How does UCI rank among your apps?

Congrats again!

pruvu

Postby pruvu » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:12 am

Inygma wrote:
pruvu wrote:
msch0i wrote:

Congrats again!

Depends on the day. :) I have a terrible time ranking my apps. I love so many things about so many of the schools. I'm trying to find the one that's best for me, and it's sure complicated.

That being said, UCI is INCREDIBLY appealing. I was shocked to get the phone call today and spent the evening with a smile I couldn't wipe off of my face. I'm really looking forward to the ASD.

(Sorry...that's probably not a very good answer. I wish I had a better one!)

Inygma

Postby Inygma » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:15 am

pruvu wrote:
Inygma wrote:
pruvu wrote:
msch0i wrote:

Congrats again!

Depends on the day. :) I have a terrible time ranking my apps. I love so many things about so many of the schools. I'm trying to find the one that's best for me, and it's sure complicated.

That being said, UCI is INCREDIBLY appealing. I was shocked to get the phone call today and spent the evening with a smile I couldn't wipe off of my face. I'm really looking forward to the ASD.

(Sorry...that's probably not a very good answer. I wish I had a better one!)

It makes sense, you have a lot of great options, and I'm sure you'll get a lot more over the next few months! Congrats again.

calgal17

Postby calgal17 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:51 am

pruvu wrote:
msch0i wrote:

Congrats!! Welcome to our neurotic world. :D Hopefully the rest of us will hear soon! Thanks for taking the time to come and share the good news.

msch0i

Postby msch0i » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:06 pm

Any theories as to whether they're going to call a few people each day, or if the calls will increase in volume as time goes on?

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:06 pm

msch0i wrote:Any theories as to whether they're going to call a few people each day, or if the calls will increase in volume as time goes on?

What dates are they at? Still in early Oct?

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:08 pm

msch0i wrote:Any theories as to whether they're going to call a few people each day, or if the calls will increase in volume as time goes on?

i assume they'll start off slow than definitely speed up later on especially after the feb 15th deadline. they might be doing the auto accepts first, and waiting to check out the entire pool.

msch0i

Postby msch0i » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:12 pm

Veritas wrote:

Pruvu submitted her app late november...although the other acceptances are all early submits.

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:12 pm

msch0i wrote:
Veritas wrote:

Pruvu submitted her app late november...although the other acceptances are all early submits.

oh :|

msch0i

Postby msch0i » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:13 pm

finalaspects wrote:

i assume they'll start off slow than definitely speed up later on especially after the feb 15th deadline. they might be doing the auto accepts first, and waiting to check out the entire pool.

but..but.. :( I need this phone call!

oh, and what do you guys think about the number of last minute applicants? I know there were quite a few last year, but I thought it was just because their deadline was not the traditional 2/15 deadline (unless I'm horribly mistaken). And of those that reported their submit dates, they were all early applicants.
Last edited by msch0i on Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Inygma

Postby Inygma » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:20 pm

msch0i wrote:
Veritas wrote:

I hope I have a chance with such a stupid late submission :(

msch0i

Postby msch0i » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:34 pm

Inygma wrote:I hope I have a chance with such a stupid late submission :(

I definitely learned my lesson this cycle...if (or more accurately, when) I reapply next cycle, I'm submitting on OCTOBER 1ST.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:39 pm

msch0i wrote:

I definitely learned my lesson this cycle...if (or more accurately, when) I reapply next cycle, I'm submitting on OCTOBER 1ST.

just raise your lsat!!! it won't even matter when you send it especially with a better lsat and your gpa. and more work experience! you should be getting full scholarships all over the place.

Inygma

Postby Inygma » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:43 pm

finalaspects wrote:
msch0i wrote:

just raise your lsat!!! it won't even matter when you send it especially with a better lsat and your gpa. and more work experience! you should be getting full scholarships all over the place.

Spending another year at my job and living with in-laws makes me cringe.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”