UC Irvine 2013

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Veritas

Re: UC Irvine 2013

Postby Veritas » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:18 pm

gymboree wrote:In. can't believe it. in shock. called. ok. hope to see you all in April at the asd. hugely hugely hugely excited. about at medians for irvine. wow - still in shock. opening champagne. applied very early, OOS by the way. sending big positive thoughts to everyone. stop me before i tell you i love you and start buying drinks for everyone.

omgosh! congrats!!

you were called today??

msch0i

Postby msch0i » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:21 pm

Veritas wrote:
gymboree wrote:In. can't believe it. in shock. called. ok. hope to see you all in April at the asd. hugely hugely hugely excited. about at medians for irvine. wow - still in shock. opening champagne. applied very early, OOS by the way. sending big positive thoughts to everyone. stop me before i tell you i love you and start buying drinks for everyone.

omgosh! congrats!!

you were called today??

CONGRATS :D

Inygma

Postby Inygma » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:39 pm

Congrats...

I asked about how many acceptances they've shot out, but the guy said he had no idea, he didn't deal with acceptances

Edit: I doubt I will be accepted, but I think I'd go if I was accepted above all else.

msch0i

Postby msch0i » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:45 pm

Inygma wrote:Congrats...

I asked about how many acceptances they've shot out, but the guy said he had no idea, he didn't deal with acceptances

Edit: I doubt I will be accepted, but I think I'd go if I was accepted above all else.

+1. I'd be really interested to know their 25th percentile stats to see if I even have a shot... :? But I'd take Irvine in a heartbeat <3

pany1985

Postby pany1985 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:45 pm

So supposedly about 15 people have either been called already or will be called later this week with news of acceptances.

Word is that the volume of applications is down a bit from the crazy level of last year (probably because people with low numbers (LSATs in the 140s, etc.) who applied last year to see what would happen aren't bothering this time because it's obvious that they don't have a shot), but that the quality and depth at the top of the applicant pool are really good.

In other words, congratulations if you were part of the first round of acceptances. If you weren't, there are still plenty of phone calls to be made, so don't panic.
Last edited by pany1985 on Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Inygma

Postby Inygma » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:48 pm

pany1985 wrote:So supposedly about 15 people have either been called already or will be called later this week with news of acceptances.

Word is that the volume of applications is down a bit from the crayz levels of last year (probably because people with low numbers (LSATs in the 140s, etc.) who applied last year to see what would happen aren't bothering this time because it's obvious that they don't have a shot), but that the quality and depth at the top of the applicant pool are really good.

In other words, congratulations if you were part of the first round of acceptances. If you weren't, there are still plenty of phone calls to be made, so don't panic.

I've been trying to find any information at all.....

Do you think I realistically have a shot with a 163 LSAT with a pretty high GPA? I think I wrote an awesome "Why UCI" statement, have great LoR's, but my PS is not the best.

Edit: Also, my only soft is that I work full time since high school basically.

wired

Postby wired » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:11 pm

Congrats Gymboree! I'd guess the acceptance is directly related to your great LSAT, awesome work experience, and great tar.

Man, I wish I were one of those 15. I've done everything I can to show a real interest in UCI. Here's hoping I get a call later this week.

Neil

Postby Neil » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:30 pm

Congrats! Enjoy your champagne!

msch0i

Postby msch0i » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:25 am

pany1985 wrote:So supposedly about 15 people have either been called already or will be called later this week with news of acceptances.

Word is that the volume of applications is down a bit from the crazy level of last year (probably because people with low numbers (LSATs in the 140s, etc.) who applied last year to see what would happen aren't bothering this time because it's obvious that they don't have a shot), but that the quality and depth at the top of the applicant pool are really good.

Thanks for the info! Now can you put in a good word for us? :D

protokurios

Postby protokurios » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:15 am

wired wrote:Congrats Gymboree! I'd guess the acceptance is directly related to your great LSAT, awesome work experience, and great tar.

Yes to this, hahaha.

msch0i wrote:
protokurios wrote:
msch0i wrote:Btw, for the two admits, would you guys seriously consider Irvine over any of the T20 schools?

Maybe with full ride, but with half ride, probably not. I'm still going to check out the admitted student event just to see the law school and how it's different.

Did Dean Ortiz specifically say you'd only get 50%, or was she unclear about that? With your #s (and acceptances :shock: ) I wouldn't be surprised if they offered you 100%...

...but don't take it. please? :D

Hmm, she said 50%. I don't know how willing they will be to budge on that as the cycle progresses. Maybe they really are strapped for cash already? Not that giving half-rides to everyone is strapped for cash, but compared to last year...

I probably won't make the decision to attend or withdraw until April...unless I get into Stanford (loooong shot). I need to see what kind of people would join me if I went and what I would get myself into. It wouldn't be fair for them if I withdrew too quickly, seeing as how everyone they pick (which isn't many!) is someone they would definitely want to come.

wired

Postby wired » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:29 am

Hey Proto,

I noticed on your LSN page you have your scholarship listed as $54k. Did Dean Ortiz tell you that in-state tuition would be $36k/year? (I assume in-state since you have it as your residency.)

Gymboree or anyone else accepted, did she drop an out-of-state tuition number?

gymboree

Postby gymboree » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:40 am

Veritas wrote:

omgosh! congrats!!

you were called today??

yes - still can't believe it. and can't sleep. too excited.

msch0i

Postby msch0i » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:45 am

gymboree wrote:
Veritas wrote:

omgosh! congrats!!

you were called today??

around when did you receive the call, if you don't mind me asking?

calgal17

Postby calgal17 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:56 am

Wow congrats! I was stunned to see decisions already. Oh man, the anticipation! :shock:

Inygma

Postby Inygma » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:56 am

gymboree wrote:
Veritas wrote:

omgosh! congrats!!

you were called today??

I'd imagine so! I can't sleep and I just sent in my app yesterday, if I do get in.... :P

J Burrito

Postby J Burrito » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:01 am

Congrats gymboree!

protokurios

Postby protokurios » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:11 am

wired wrote:Hey Proto,

I noticed on your LSN page you have your scholarship listed as $54k. Did Dean Ortiz tell you that in-state tuition would be $36k/year? (I assume in-state since you have it as your residency.)

Gymboree or anyone else accepted, did she drop an out-of-state tuition number?

She didn't mention anything about tuition. I just estimated using the numbers given on UCI's website, although...reading this press release it seems like it'll be closer to 40k for 2010-2011 and who knows how much for 2011 and 2012. I will adjust my number, but it will still be a rough estimate.

socalren

Postby socalren » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:31 pm

Congrats Gymboree!

The excitement of more calls being posted is building! Irvine is my #1 ...come on phone call, I want to open champagne too! :)

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:39 pm

socalren wrote:Congrats Gymboree!

The excitement of more calls being posted is building! Irvine is my #1 ...come on phone call, I want to open champagne too! :)

i have a bottle of blue label ready.

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:41 pm

You think they will dip below the 167 mark?

with a 165/3.82 I would LOVE for UCI to LOVE me back

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:44 pm

Veritas wrote:You think they will dip below the 167 mark?

they will attempt to keep their median probably at all costs. LSAT is the most difficult statistic to keep up.

BUT 50% are below the 167 median so yea. but you got into hastings!!!!

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:46 pm

finalaspects wrote:

they will attempt to keep their median probably at all costs. LSAT is the most difficult statistic to keep up.

BUT 50% are below the 167 median so yea. but you got into hastings!!!!

Irvine/Davis/UCLA/USC/UCB/USD/LLS > Hastings

gymboree

Postby gymboree » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:46 pm

pm'd you.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:48 pm

gymboree wrote:

pm'd you.

Hey you PMed me your gpa before but what's your LSAT? (can you pm me that too please?)

socalren

Postby socalren » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:48 pm

I'm hoping that since they report medians that I will help with the GPA median. Since my LSAT is more than likely undesirable to them... I'm hoping my softs will pull me ahead a bit too, looking at the 2012 student profiles on their site they really look for great softs. :)

Finalaspects I like the way you think and Veritas I'll be super surprised if you don't get a phone call.
Last edited by socalren on Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”