UC Irvine 2013

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
NiGhTHaWk830

Re: UC Irvine 2013

Postby NiGhTHaWk830 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:27 am

ruleser wrote:
NiGhTHaWk830 wrote:Dean Ortiz mentioned me, my friend protokurios, veritas, lobstar (who she said wasn't there but she had a chance to talk to) and some others in her speech after Dean Chemerinsky's speech at 9am...made me chuckle.

So I guess you're very close to SIRing then, ruleser?

I didn't think I'd be saying this, but yes, just have to talk with my work a bit, but I think by next week I'll be sending in and withdrawing other places.

And you?

Dunno, I'm in at a couple T14s and have decent scholly offers from T25, but I was definitely impressed today.

ruleser

Postby ruleser » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:28 am

Veritas wrote:I'm just reeling with excitement after today. Everything was fantastic. We just spent a couple hours mingling with the bigwigs of the OC legal community. One attorney rulesar and I were chatting with literally pointed out all the amazing/powerful people in the room.

Rulesar, sorry I didn't have a chance to say bye! It was so great meeting you and good job calling me out :D

Yes, sorry about the impromptu call out :) But I guess after Dean Ortiz had done the same figured why not... Great to meet you to. Quite a pub for a campus...

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:31 am

ruleser wrote:
Veritas wrote:I'm just reeling with excitement after today. Everything was fantastic. We just spent a couple hours mingling with the bigwigs of the OC legal community. One attorney rulesar and I were chatting with literally pointed out all the amazing/powerful people in the room.

Rulesar, sorry I didn't have a chance to say bye! It was so great meeting you and good job calling me out :D

Yes, sorry about the impromptu call out :) But I guess after Dean Ortiz had done the same figured why not... Great to meet you to. Quite a pub for a campus...

Ya, I was just caught off guard :D

I'm glad we had a chance to chat so please don't worry about it!

There was a great vibe in the Pub for sure. That was a great day.

msch0i

Postby msch0i » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:46 am

Wow, ASD sounds like it was pretty amazing. What I wouldn't give to be part of the next incoming class...but I guess I'll just have to try again next year :( I'm really glad I learned so much about the school from this forum :lol: ...hopefully I'll have better luck next cycle and get to meet some of you guys! :D
Last edited by msch0i on Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Inygma

Postby Inygma » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:46 am

Sounds like UCI has a lot going for it, I am glad you all got to take part in it (I'm jealous :) )

calgal17

Postby calgal17 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:29 am

Dean O: "And for those TLSers who couldn't be with us today: Ms. Choi, Inygma, finalaspects, and Calgal better luck next time..."

Edited: For final!
Last edited by calgal17 on Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:30 am

calgal17 wrote:Dean O: "And for those TLSers who couldn't be with us today: Ms. Choi, Inygma, and Calgal better luck next time..."

me too....

lobstar

Postby lobstar » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:01 pm

Glad you guys had a blast! I wish I went, but I couldn't justify the expense of two visits (having already made one).

NiGhTHaWk830 wrote:
calgal17 wrote:
ruleser wrote:Oh yeah, Dean Ortiz definitely reads T.L.S. - and openly called out some TLSers names during her intro...

Seriously? What did she say?

She said we were "less snarky" and nicer than last year's posters, haha.

I thought we could get a little snarky at times, all right.

Inygma

Postby Inygma » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:47 pm

calgal17 wrote:Dean O: "And for those TLSers who couldn't be with us today: Ms. Choi, Inygma, finalaspects, and Calgal better luck next time..."

Edited: For final!

Haha <3

p.s. Calgal, (Davis > Hastings :twisted: )

14yearplan

Postby 14yearplan » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:57 pm

How many admits were at ASD?

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:59 pm

14yearplan wrote:How many admits were at ASD?

I feel like there were over 100 people there. I'm not a good guesstimator, though.

ruleser

Postby ruleser » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:09 pm

Veritas wrote:

I feel like there were over 100 people there. I'm not a good guesstimator, though.

Someone said 80... can't recall who, but think one of the admin people.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:10 pm

ruleser wrote:
Veritas wrote:

noooooooooooo

14yearplan

Postby 14yearplan » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:16 pm

finalaspects wrote:
ruleser wrote:
Veritas wrote:

noooooooooooo

I'm with ya.

Can someone confirm that I am not the only one that has not heard anything back from UCI yet? Not even a confirmation email. I'm thinking that my file got lost or something.
And, yes, I do plan on calling to make sure that's not the case--before someone gives me that great piece of advice. :-) I subscribe to the "no news is good news" way of life. ;-)

Borhas

Postby Borhas » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:18 pm

14yearplan wrote:
I'm with ya.

Can someone confirm that I am not the only one that has not heard anything back from UCI yet? Not even a confirmation email. I'm thinking that my file got lost or something.
And, yes, I do plan on calling to make sure that's not the case--before someone gives me that great piece of advice. :-) I subscribe to the "no news is good news" way of life. ;-)

haven't heard anything from them in many months

my #'s and work experience are not impressive, I assumed rejection months ago

14yearplan

Postby 14yearplan » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:21 pm

Borhas wrote:
14yearplan wrote:
I'm with ya.

But did you at least get an email confirming receipt of your app . . . or that your app went complete, etc.? I just noticed today that I never even received one email from them yet and wanted to see if that is normal. Thanks in advance.

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:23 pm

Good call rulesar. There seemed to be a good mix of people who were 80%-fully committed versus those who were still waffling between choices.

Also, the WL represented on LSN is false, Dean O said. Just, fyi :D

msch0i

Postby msch0i » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:24 pm

14yearplan wrote:
Borhas wrote:
14yearplan wrote:
I'm with ya.

But did you at least get an email confirming receipt of your app . . . or that your app went complete, etc.? I just noticed today that I never even received one email from them yet and wanted to see if that is normal. Thanks in advance.

You should've gotten an "application received" e-mail shortly after you submitted. It looked like just an automatic reply with my basic info (name, address, phone #) to confirm accuracy.

msch0i

Postby msch0i » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:26 pm

Veritas wrote:Good call rulesar. There seemed to be a good mix of people who were 80%-fully committed versus those who were still waffling between choices.

That kind of (sort of?) makes me feel better. I was scared that they had given out only a few waitlists and that they were done already :( Still keeping some tiny hope alive that I might snag a WL!

Borhas

Postby Borhas » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:35 pm

14yearplan wrote:
Borhas wrote:
14yearplan wrote:
I'm with ya.

yes I got an email telling me they got my app on 10/24/09 nothing since
no email about completion/in evaluation etc

ruleser

Postby ruleser » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:37 pm

14yearplan wrote:I'm with ya.

FYI I never received a complete e-mail - and even had e-mailed to ask if it was complete and got no reply - just the accept phone call from Dean Ortiz some months later...

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:40 pm

msch0i wrote:
Veritas wrote:Good call rulesar. There seemed to be a good mix of people who were 80%-fully committed versus those who were still waffling between choices.

That kind of (sort of?) makes me feel better. I was scared that they had given out only a few waitlists and that they were done already :( Still keeping some tiny hope alive that I might snag a WL!

I'm keeping positive for you mschoi!

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:42 pm

for all you lurkers or regulars who haven't joined up: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=3 ... 154&ref=ts :mrgreen:

LauraCB

Postby LauraCB » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:51 pm

The next class will have mentors, pro bono - they will be starting an international human rights clinic and class to go along, you will be working at firms/etc as a student.

Do you know if this will be an in-house clinic at UCI, or more like an externship program?

msch0i

Postby msch0i » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:51 pm

Veritas wrote:for all you lurkers or regulars who haven't joined up: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=3 ... 154&ref=ts :mrgreen:

Figured out who you were instantly, having trouble with everyone else :lol:

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”