UC Irvine 2013 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
StyrofoamWar

Bronze

Re: UC Irvine 2013

Post by StyrofoamWar » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:35 pm

Fellow late submitter from 1/15, with identical GPA and a 165. 2 years work experience at a big law firm as a paralegal, hopefully that helps make up for the fact that I'm below their medians. Good luck to all! UCI is definitely my top choice, I really hope I get the call.

Faesha

New

Post by Faesha » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:36 pm

Tofu wrote:
Faesha wrote: You mean my self portrait? Haha yeah, it gives me them too. But I also kind of love it because it's so foul.
pun intended?
Hah, wish I could say yes, but grateful that you pointed it out. :)

Inygma

Silver

Post by Inygma » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:44 pm

StyrofoamWar wrote:Fellow late submitter from 1/15, with identical GPA and a 165. 2 years work experience at a big law firm as a paralegal, hopefully that helps make up for the fact that I'm below their medians. Good luck to all! UCI is definitely my top choice, I really hope I get the call.
Work Experience seems to be their target, so you probably have a decent shot with your numbers.

gymboree

Silver

Post by gymboree » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:13 pm

pruvu wrote:
Inygma wrote:
pruvu wrote:
msch0i wrote:
aaaaand another acceptance on LSN 25 mins ago (a testament to my stalking skills, for sure). Yet another applicant with great numbers and extensive WE. Dean Ortiz, I did the best I could and worked throughout undergrad...does that count?

Umm, look at the schools that girl applied to.... No T-14s, but awesome numbers, interesting...

Well congrats if your on here =)
Yes, I actually am on here. Thanks for the congrats! LOOOOOOOOONG time lurker, first time poster. My LSN profile doesn't reflect all of my applications. For what it's worth, someone like me lurking these boards starts to believe that they have no shot at lots of schools--so many fabulously qualified, brilliant people here, it appears--but I did indeed apply to some of the lower end of the T14. I'm just busy and don't get on LSN much to keep it updated. When I do update, it's generally just the places I've been accepted.

In truth, the only reason I popped on and updated today was because I have been stalking this thread to see when calls were going out, and I wanted to contribute if I could. My LSAT is right at the median for last year's class, if I remember correctly, and I really didn't know where they were going with it this year, so I've been quite nervous. I was hoping I was the beginning of a big batch of calls today that would include all of you guys, but maybe Dean Ortiz is doing those tomorrow. :)

No one in my family has ever gone to any kind of graduate school, so this whole process has been kind of stressful and mysterious and complicated. Glad to have a bit of company for the ride.
Congrats! Glad to see you are a TLS'r.

How does UCI rank among your apps?

Congrats again!
Depends on the day. :) I have a terrible time ranking my apps. I love so many things about so many of the schools. I'm trying to find the one that's best for me, and it's sure complicated.

That being said, UCI is INCREDIBLY appealing. I was shocked to get the phone call today and spent the evening with a smile I couldn't wipe off of my face. I'm really looking forward to the ASD.

(Sorry...that's probably not a very good answer. I wish I had a better one!)
Congrats on the call -- see you at the ASD!

msch0i

Silver

Post by msch0i » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:37 pm

When is ASD? Not only for Irvine, but just in general? Are they usually on weekdays or weekends? See, I wouldn't know since I have yet to get any acceptances :(

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

protokurios

Bronze

Post by protokurios » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:35 pm

msch0i wrote:When is ASD? Not only for Irvine, but just in general? Are they usually on weekdays or weekends? See, I wouldn't know since I have yet to get any acceptances :(
ASDs are all over the place. Late March to mid-April. Some schools like Georgetown even have a separate early admitted students' event. Some are weekends, some are weekdays. It would be kind of nice if they could all coordinate so that those who go to the East Coast can hit up each one without too much itinerary-twisting.

msch0i

Silver

Post by msch0i » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:11 pm

protokurios wrote:
msch0i wrote:When is ASD? Not only for Irvine, but just in general? Are they usually on weekdays or weekends? See, I wouldn't know since I have yet to get any acceptances :(
ASDs are all over the place. Late March to mid-April. Some schools like Georgetown even have a separate early admitted students' event. Some are weekends, some are weekdays. It would be kind of nice if they could all coordinate so that those who go to the East Coast can hit up each one without too much itinerary-twisting.
Thanks for the info!

[This thread now officially dominates the Hastings thread. And there are less than 10 acceptances on LSN. We're crazy.]

Tofu

Bronze

Post by Tofu » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:06 pm

Last edited by Tofu on Fri May 07, 2010 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

lifeaway1985

Bronze

Post by lifeaway1985 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:40 pm

Inygma wrote:
StyrofoamWar wrote:Fellow late submitter from 1/15, with identical GPA and a 165. 2 years work experience at a big law firm as a paralegal, hopefully that helps make up for the fact that I'm below their medians. Good luck to all! UCI is definitely my top choice, I really hope I get the call.
Work Experience seems to be their target, so you probably have a decent shot with your numbers.
I have three years WE in a big law...but my numbers are way below their median. Sad....

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

lifeaway1985

Bronze

Post by lifeaway1985 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:42 pm

on a seperate note, do you guys get a complete email? I get nothing after submission except the receipt mail. I asked twice about the physical completion of my file no one replied. :|

Inygma

Silver

Post by Inygma » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:52 pm

lifeaway1985 wrote:on a seperate note, do you guys get a complete email? I get nothing after submission except the receipt mail. I asked twice about the physical completion of my file no one replied. :|
They said if it says completed on LSAC, take that as being complete. They will let you know if you are missing anything.

lifeaway1985

Bronze

Post by lifeaway1985 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:11 pm

Inygma wrote:
lifeaway1985 wrote:on a seperate note, do you guys get a complete email? I get nothing after submission except the receipt mail. I asked twice about the physical completion of my file no one replied. :|
They said if it says completed on LSAC, take that as being complete. They will let you know if you are missing anything.
Thank you so much. I have to keep waiting...

gymboree

Silver

Post by gymboree » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:37 pm

UC Irvine ASD is April 1, if I remember correctly.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

protokurios

Bronze

Post by protokurios » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:44 am

gymboree wrote:UC Irvine ASD is April 1, if I remember correctly.
Yes, it's April 1.

msch0i

Silver

Post by msch0i » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:56 pm

cmooooon movement! :(

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:58 pm

msch0i wrote:cmooooon movement! :(
well seems like they're working on the people who applied by december now. last one who got accepted applied at the end of november. I think they are really going through it once for the autoaccepts, and they'll most likely wait it out until the feb 15th deadline to see the entire pool before making mass decisions.

msch0i

Silver

Post by msch0i » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:04 pm

finalaspects wrote:
msch0i wrote:cmooooon movement! :(
well seems like they're working on the people who applied by december now. last one who got accepted applied at the end of november. I think they are really going through it once for the autoaccepts, and they'll most likely wait it out until the feb 15th deadline to see the entire pool before making mass decisions.
I guess so. I'm just looking at last year's cycle and how everyone was accepted pretty much late Jan/early Feb. Though most of them look like auto-accepts and there are only around 10 that report their acceptance dates.

Ignore me, I'm just getting impatient. Getting no word since early December is making me antsy. But that's what I get for only applying to five schools :lol:

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

GrayArea

New

Post by GrayArea » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:35 pm

Hey guys,

I choose not to apply to UCI since I go here for undergrad but when I was at lunch on Friday I was at a table next to some of the law admissions ladies and they were talking about how next week they were going to be making a lot of calls to applicants. Before anyone asks they were not talking numbers or names, it was a public place, just about how they were not looking forward to being on the phone all day every day for the next week. Hopefully you guys get some good news.

Neil

Bronze

Post by Neil » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:08 pm

GrayArea wrote:Hey guys,

I choose not to apply to UCI since I go here for undergrad but when I was at lunch on Friday I was at a table next to some of the law admissions ladies and they were talking about how next week they were going to be making a lot of calls to applicants. Before anyone asks they were not talking numbers or names, it was a public place, just about how they were not looking forward to being on the phone all day every day for the next week. Hopefully you guys get some good news.
Wow, that's awesome. Thanks for the update!

taytay

New

Post by taytay » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:21 pm

keep up the good work special agent

Inygma

Silver

Post by Inygma » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:09 pm

taytay wrote:

keep up the good work special agent
Awesome 'tar

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

calgal17

Bronze

Post by calgal17 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:41 pm

Wow thanks for the inside scoop! Now we're all going to be watching our phones nervously all week! :shock:

msch0i

Silver

Post by msch0i » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:58 pm

:shock: !

... :D !!!!

ruleser

Silver

Post by ruleser » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:16 pm

So if we get called should we answer, "Thanks - I know how much you dreaded having to make this call. Really, shouldn't you be enjoying this - or if not, at least not be blabbing about how horrible it will be to accept people at the lunch table?"

jk

Inygma

Silver

Post by Inygma » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:03 pm

Good news that we will see some acceptances, bad news that they probably haven't even touched my application yet. :cry:

Good luck TLS

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”