What's Rollin' at Michigan State?

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Baylan

Re: What's Rollin' at Michigan State?

Postby Baylan » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:34 pm

robin600 wrote:Sooo, today I went to the lib, (3rd floor west side!!!) and there was these guys preparing their law school apps. This one guys turns to the other and is like "dude I'm totally gonna get into UofM with my 158." other guy:"yeah dude so jealus, I'm probably gonna end up at illinois or something with my 149." - I LOLed.

This makes me love TLS sooo much more!!!! I'm totally up for a TLS bar crawl, perhaps the beg. of january when we're all freezing our asses off and spending all our money buying lame ass course packs at budget printing that doesn't accept CC's. Sorry done with MSU rant.

PS- for those interested in MSU's PT program, they do allow you to switch to FT after one semester, a good friend of mine has done so with very little ease and she's def. not in the top half of her class.

You should've seen me explaining why I won't be getting into Michigan, or UChicago to my parents... probably 4-5 times this semester with my 164. "Why don't you apply?" "Because its a waste of money, Mom."

z*z

Postby z*z » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:44 pm

sckon wrote:Michigan State Law just sent a very nice christmas card with a handwritten note. Total class.

I just got that card today too. Kinda awkward considering that I already withdrew, but still very nice of them.

robin600

Postby robin600 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:36 pm

Baylan wrote:
robin600 wrote:Sooo, today I went to the lib, (3rd floor west side!!!) and there was these guys preparing their law school apps. This one guys turns to the other and is like "dude I'm totally gonna get into UofM with my 158." other guy:"yeah dude so jealus, I'm probably gonna end up at illinois or something with my 149." - I LOLed.

This makes me love TLS sooo much more!!!! I'm totally up for a TLS bar crawl, perhaps the beg. of january when we're all freezing our asses off and spending all our money buying lame ass course packs at budget printing that doesn't accept CC's. Sorry done with MSU rant.

PS- for those interested in MSU's PT program, they do allow you to switch to FT after one semester, a good friend of mine has done so with very little ease and she's def. not in the top half of her class.

You should've seen me explaining why I won't be getting into Michigan, or UChicago to my parents... probably 4-5 times this semester with my 164. "Why don't you apply?" "Because its a waste of money, Mom."

I get you on explaining to the rents, it sucks. My parents always ask, won't your disability get you into Harvard? No mom it won't..... well why not? Because I'm not considered a URM mom....what's that...Jesus christ.....

MSUPHL

Postby MSUPHL » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:59 am

Baylan wrote:

im at 163 and 3.6 and my mom made me apply to UT austin and vandy. Top choices, but a waste of money. At least, its my parents money :P

MSUPHL

Postby MSUPHL » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:39 am

btw if anyone spartans want to friend me on facebook, just PM me and i will send you link/name

Baylan

Postby Baylan » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:55 am

MSUPHL wrote:btw if anyone spartans want to friend me on facebook, just PM me and i will send you link/name

I'm on board with that. Feel free to PM me and I'll gladly add anyone on facebook.

robin600

Postby robin600 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:51 am

MSUPHL wrote:
Baylan wrote:

im at 163 and 3.6 and my mom made me apply to UT austin and vandy. Top choices, but a waste of money. At least, its my parents money :P

Edit: meant to PM

LawToMe

Postby LawToMe » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:45 pm

Maybe they were kidding... hopefully...

You're bringin' on the heartbreak! Bringin' on the heartache!
You're bringin' on the heartbreak!
Bringin' on the heartache!
Can't you see?
Oh!

A little DEF LEPPARD for you... it just felt appropriate.

cougarblue

Postby cougarblue » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:09 pm

I just checked my status checker. It says "re-review in feb". Obviously this is not as good as accepted, but does anyone have insight as to what it might mean (other than the obvious). If it matters i have a 156 and a 3.35.

Thanks

LawToMe

Postby LawToMe » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:24 pm

cougarblue wrote:I just checked my status checker. It says "re-review in feb". Obviously this is not as good as accepted, but does anyone have insight as to what it might mean (other than the obvious). If it matters i have a 156 and a 3.35.

Thanks

It's like being waitlisted. By Feb they'll have a better idea of what their applicant pool looks like (i.e. where the medians will fall). Then they go back and decide if they need your numbers. They might decide to accept you, ding you or re-review you in March.

TIP: If you want MSU, call them and ask them what you can do to strengthen your app. Let them know you want them and they're more likely to want you...like dating.

sarlis

Postby sarlis » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:57 pm

anyone get a packet yet from michigan state?

sckon

Postby sckon » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:36 pm

Got it like a week and a half ago.

sarlis

Postby sarlis » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:47 pm

sckon wrote:Got it like a week and a half ago.

wtf, when were you admitted?

I was admitted on the 9th, and have received nothing

sckon

Postby sckon » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:55 pm

I was admitted with the first batch.....so the 9th or earlier sounds about right. Give them a call.

sarlis

Postby sarlis » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:25 pm

any one else who got accepted on the 9th or before yet to receive their packages?

dewrober

Postby dewrober » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:37 pm

cougarblue wrote:I just checked my status checker. It says "re-review in feb". Obviously this is not as good as accepted, but does anyone have insight as to what it might mean (other than the obvious). If it matters i have a 156 and a 3.35.

Thanks

When did you apply? I'm really nervous now, I have a 3.23 and a 156 and thought I was a shoe-in at State.

cougarblue

Postby cougarblue » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:45 am

dewrober wrote:

Thanks

When did you apply? I'm really nervous now, I have a 3.23 and a 156 and thought I was a shoe-in at State.

I applied the week of Thanksgiving. I was a little supprised by this as well. I have a grad degree as well. You'll prob get in though so i wouldnt sweat it. I'm still hoping i will get in, but we will see.

Philaw

Postby Philaw » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:39 pm

cougarblue wrote:
dewrober wrote:

Thanks

I applied the week of Thanksgiving. I was a little supprised by this as well. I have a grad degree as well. You'll prob get in though so i wouldnt sweat it. I'm still hoping i will get in, but we will see.

I was deferred as well, surprised the hell out of me, too. I'm a 156/3.54 URM.

Mparty7441

Postby Mparty7441 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:29 pm

They called me today and told me if I applied they'd give me a full or close to full scholly. Should I?

deadpanic

Postby deadpanic » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:33 pm

Mparty7441 wrote:They called me today and told me if I applied they'd give me a full or close to full scholly. Should I?

Do you want to attend Michigan State and practice in Michigan?

Mparty7441

Postby Mparty7441 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:45 pm

deadpanic wrote:
Mparty7441 wrote:They called me today and told me if I applied they'd give me a full or close to full scholly. Should I?

Do you want to attend Michigan State and practice in Michigan?

Isnt this school on the up and up? I know it's tier 3, but isnt it expected to move up?

jasonac21

Postby jasonac21 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:52 pm

dewrober wrote:

Thanks

I got the same thing with similar numbers as yours, a bit higher LSAT but lower GPA. I too was pretty surprised. As for the person who said to call them, what could they possibly want? An application with GPA and LSAT, a person statement, resume, LORs, and addendum isn't enough? Maybe I will send them a Christmas card ;]

Philaw

Postby Philaw » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:46 pm

jasonac21 wrote:
dewrober wrote:

Thanks

I got the same thing with similar numbers as yours, a bit higher LSAT but lower GPA. I too was pretty surprised. As for the person who said to call them, what could they possibly want? An application with GPA and LSAT, a person statement, resume, LORs, and addendum isn't enough? Maybe I will send them a Christmas card ;]

I'm stealing your Christmas card idea. Period. :wink:

fordtheriver

Postby fordtheriver » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:01 pm

1L taking questions.

sarlis

Postby sarlis » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:04 pm

fordtheriver wrote:1L taking questions.

how are the job prospects so far?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”