Has anyone heard from Chicago-Kent? Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
thinkbig

Bronze

Re: Has anyone heard from Chicago-Kent?

Post by thinkbig » Wed May 26, 2010 12:13 am

b.j. wrote:Has anyone heard anything in response to a PT application recently?
I heard you got in.

b.j.

Bronze

Post by b.j. » Wed May 26, 2010 12:18 am

thinkbig wrote:
I heard you got in.
Really, from who?

thinkbig

Bronze

Post by thinkbig » Wed May 26, 2010 12:20 am

b.j. wrote:
thinkbig wrote:
I heard you got in.
Really, from who?
your mom

b.j.

Bronze

Post by b.j. » Wed May 26, 2010 12:28 am

thinkbig wrote:
b.j. wrote:
thinkbig wrote:
I heard you got in.
Really, from who?
your mom
I didn't realize my mother was so talkative. Yours usually gets right on her knees the second she walks in the door.

nitr0x99

Bronze

Post by nitr0x99 » Wed May 26, 2010 1:04 pm

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

thinkbig

Bronze

Post by thinkbig » Wed May 26, 2010 1:27 pm

^ huh??

nitr0x99

Bronze

Post by nitr0x99 » Wed May 26, 2010 1:53 pm

thinkbig wrote:^ huh??

you must be slow

thinkbig

Bronze

Post by thinkbig » Wed May 26, 2010 2:05 pm

nitr0x99 wrote:
thinkbig wrote:^ huh??

you must be slow
ditto

Kobe_Teeth

Silver

Post by Kobe_Teeth » Wed May 26, 2010 2:18 pm

thinkbig....little testy today?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

b.j.

Bronze

Post by b.j. » Wed May 26, 2010 5:56 pm

nitr0x99 wrote:Image
Who was this picture meant for?

gatorlion

Bronze

Post by gatorlion » Wed May 26, 2010 6:53 pm

Withdrew my acceptance last night. Hope it helps someone out!

b.j.

Bronze

Post by b.j. » Wed May 26, 2010 7:17 pm

gatorlion wrote:Withdrew my acceptance last night. Hope it helps someone out!
FT or PT?

I finally called today and was told they were in the final stages of making decisions for their PT program and that I should know by early June. My "complete and under review" was already moved once. At the very least, I think, they are considering me, or so I hope. A friend told me last night that this happened to me him with a few schools last year before he was accepted.

roofles

New

Post by roofles » Fri May 28, 2010 12:50 pm

Looks like I'll be at Kent this fall :D. I just received an e-mail approving my request to switch to the PT day program and increasing my scholarship offer. I'm 100% committed at this point, so as long as my wife doesn't have a freak out in the next few weeks it will be a done deal.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

as stars burn

Silver

Post by as stars burn » Fri May 28, 2010 2:16 pm

roofles wrote:Looks like I'll be at Kent this fall :D. I just received an e-mail approving my request to switch to the PT day program and increasing my scholarship offer. I'm 100% committed at this point, so as long as my wife doesn't have a freak out in the next few weeks it will be a done deal.
I'll be at Kent this fall as well!...but they didn't approve my request for a small scholarship increase. They gave me 40k total for my time there. It's decent, so I'm happy. Congrats! How much did they increase your offer by?

JCougar

Gold

Post by JCougar » Fri May 28, 2010 5:58 pm

Just nominated for the Labor Law Scholarship, which provides me an extra $3K for my first year. Other scholarships are available for years after that. This brings my scholarship total to $33K for my first year.

They just keep making this harder and harder.

b.j.

Bronze

Post by b.j. » Fri May 28, 2010 8:21 pm

I got deferred from the PT program. I will certainly complete the deferred application survey, but does anyone have more information on what this means? I certainly wouldn't have a program attending Kent for the PT evening program, assuming I get some sort of decent financial aid.

roofles

New

Post by roofles » Mon May 31, 2010 9:39 pm

as stars burn wrote:
roofles wrote:Looks like I'll be at Kent this fall :D. I just received an e-mail approving my request to switch to the PT day program and increasing my scholarship offer. I'm 100% committed at this point, so as long as my wife doesn't have a freak out in the next few weeks it will be a done deal.
I'll be at Kent this fall as well!...but they didn't approve my request for a small scholarship increase. They gave me 40k total for my time there. It's decent, so I'm happy. Congrats! How much did they increase your offer by?
Thanks. They raised the scholarship from 30k to 40k (total scholarship amount).

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

as stars burn

Silver

Post by as stars burn » Mon May 31, 2010 10:19 pm

roofles wrote:
as stars burn wrote:
Sweet deal. Same here :) See you in the Fall!

b.j.

Bronze

Post by b.j. » Mon May 31, 2010 10:34 pm

as stars burn wrote:
roofles wrote:
as stars burn wrote:
Sweet deal. Same here :) See you in the Fall!
I'm sorry if this is too personal, but did they give you any grants or need-based aid? Or was it merit scholarships and loans?

roofles

New

Post by roofles » Mon May 31, 2010 10:50 pm

b.j. wrote:
I'm sorry if this is too personal, but did they give you any grants or need-based aid? Or was it merit scholarships and loans?
My numbers are for a merit scholarship, I didn't get any need-based aid. In fact, my loan offers were all unsubsidized :shock:

b.j.

Bronze

Post by b.j. » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:27 am

roofles wrote:
b.j. wrote:
My numbers are for a merit scholarship, I didn't get any need-based aid. In fact, my loan offers were all unsubsidized :shock:
I was all set to go to Hofstra, but then I freaked out as I realized how badly my financial aid package sucked. I got nothing but loans, the majority of which were unsubsidized. About $51,000 a year in unsubsidized loans (plus around $15,000 in unsubsidized loans x three years = me in debtor's prison. That's why I can't go there. It's either Kent PT, with me working, or waiting a year. The more I learn about Kent, the more I like it, and I would start this fall as opposed to the next fall, so I really hope I get in. I've been deferred, unfortunately, but that's not a rejection, so perhaps there's hope.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

JCougar

Gold

Post by JCougar » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:25 pm

Withdrew today, freeing up some scholly money in the process. Wasn't easy, but I think I'm in good hands.

Good luck to all!

as stars burn

Silver

Post by as stars burn » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:29 pm

JCougar wrote:Withdrew today, freeing up some scholly money in the process. Wasn't easy, but I think I'm in good hands.

Good luck to all!
Congrats JCougar on WUSTL! I was rooting for you! :) have fun getting the hell out of Tampa. I know I can't wait.

JCougar

Gold

Post by JCougar » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:46 pm

as stars burn wrote:
JCougar wrote:Withdrew today, freeing up some scholly money in the process. Wasn't easy, but I think I'm in good hands.

Good luck to all!
Congrats JCougar on WUSTL! I was rooting for you! :) have fun getting the hell out of Tampa. I know I can't wait.
LOL. Me neither. Got to get out before this place turns into a miserable sauna for 4 months. :D I still will hang on to the Illinois waitlist because they have the potential to offer a better scholarship...but I may just use that as leverage for WUSTL to increase theirs. We will see. I hope you end up getting off!

b.j.

Bronze

Post by b.j. » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:13 am

JCougar wrote:
as stars burn wrote:

Good luck to all!
LOL. Me neither. Got to get out before this place turns into a miserable sauna for 4 months. :D I still will hang on to the Illinois waitlist because they have the potential to offer a better scholarship...but I may just use that as leverage for WUSTL to increase theirs. We will see. I hope you end up getting off!
So your choice is between WUSTL and Illinois, if the latter takes you off the wait list? Damn, that's impressive. Good for you, man.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”