Has anyone heard from Chicago-Kent? Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
kcolo

New

Has anyone heard from Chicago-Kent?

Post by kcolo » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:43 pm

I sent in my app back on 10/27 and haven't received any sort of email. Has anyone received an update?

sarlis

Silver

Re: Has anyone heard from Chicago-Kent?

Post by sarlis » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:46 pm

kcolo

New

Post by kcolo » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:48 pm

Thanks!

sarlis

Silver

Post by sarlis » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:20 pm

kcolo wrote:
Thanks!
of course! if you end up calling them or emailing them, let me know what they say

kcolo

New

Post by kcolo » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:22 pm

sarlis wrote:
kcolo wrote:
Thanks!
of course! if you end up calling them or emailing them, let me know what they say
It's on my list to take care of before the end of the week. I'll let ya know! Oh, btw I saw the thread about their email system problems which is strange b/c their mailing lists must be working because I got an Open House email. Oh well!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

gocubs2010

New

Post by gocubs2010 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:41 pm

kcolo wrote:
sarlis wrote:
kcolo wrote:
Thanks!
It's on my list to take care of before the end of the week. I'll let ya know! Oh, btw I saw the thread about their email system problems which is strange b/c their mailing lists must be working because I got an Open House email. Oh well!
I'm the guy who was told by them their email notification system was messed up.
I got all the open house emails too. Strange. I even got the one for the students of color and cultural diversity open house. I don't think I fit in that category completely.

kcolo

New

Post by kcolo » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:47 pm

gocubs2010 wrote:
kcolo wrote:
I'm the guy who was told by them their email notification system was messed up.
I got all the open house emails too. Strange. I even got the one for the students of color and cultural diversity open house. I don't think I fit in that category completely.
Maybe they'll release the first batch all at once? When I went on a tour there they told me it usually takes a few weeks to get through their panel or whatever. That was at the end of October..

kcolo

New

Post by kcolo » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:51 pm

Got a complete email today (11/23)

Eisaiahm

New

Post by Eisaiahm » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:05 pm

same (finally)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

sarlis

Silver

Post by sarlis » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:54 pm

Complete email today

bananasinpajamas

New

Post by bananasinpajamas » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:01 pm

I called today and the admissions office said they should start sending notifications via mail the middle of this month.

eleemosynary

New

Post by eleemosynary » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:25 pm

Does anyone know why Kent asks for a high school GPA? I have a good estimate of what my GPA was but I don't remember the exact number. My high school hasn't been cooperative in telling me what it is.

gocubs2010

New

Post by gocubs2010 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:47 pm

eleemosynary wrote:Does anyone know why Kent asks for a high school GPA? I have a good estimate of what my GPA was but I don't remember the exact number. My high school hasn't been cooperative in telling me what it is.

I didn't exactly remember mine either, so I just estimated. I graduated from high school 11 years ago and your high school gpa stops being important 12 seconds after you first moved in to the dorms as a college freshman. just estimate. i really don't think it will be a big deal. i wouldn't say you had a 4.0 if you had a 2.7, but as long as you estimate it should be ok. you honestly don't remember, so you didn't do anything wrong.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

mollyml05

New

Post by mollyml05 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:58 pm

Just a cautionary tale:
I applied to Chicago-Kent last year and ended up being wait-listed. I was complete by mid-December. They tell you 6-8 weeks, so taking into account the holidays I thought I'd hear back by Valentine's Day at the latest. I ended up finally hearing from them in mid-April. Yes, this sucked, but the worst part was that every time I would call to check on my status (probably every 2 weeks from mid-February until I finally heard), they told me it would be out in a week or so! Literally every single time! Also, they were very rude. Emails took weeks to get responses. I told them in mid-March I had to put down a seat deposit at another school by April 1, and that Chicago-Kent was my first choice, but I was still treated as if I were a nuisance. Once I got wait-listed I withdrew my application. I knew I didn't want to attend a school with administrators like that. (And then they fell significantly in the rankings. Karma...) But Lord knows how long it would've taken to get a definitive answer! I wouldn't have been surprised if I'd received a decision the day before classes started.

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:38 am

Sent my app out today (one of my first ones!). Wasn't initially going to apply, but I got a Fee Waiver, so we'll see. I'm also pretty much expecting to wait around everywhere because my numbers make me kind of borderline at every school I'm applying to (most aren't auto-rejects, but few are auto-admits plus I'm re-taking in February), so if Chicago-Kent wants to take forever, I don't really mind.

TrackTony88

Bronze

Post by TrackTony88 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:32 am

Maybe we will start hearing decisions this week! (Frantic mail checking begins once again).

sarlis

Silver

Post by sarlis » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:34 am

TrackTony88 wrote:Maybe we will start hearing decisions this week! (Frantic mail checking begins once again).
why do you say that? or just hoping that we will? lol

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

gocubs2010

New

Post by gocubs2010 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:38 pm

someone got the 1st acceptance on LSN this evening

TrackTony88

Bronze

Post by TrackTony88 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:17 pm

Yep, but it says they are ED at kent. Anyone else find themselves putting their status checker login info in other places by accident? I just accidentally tried to sign on TLS with my status checker login.

Oh how cruel this process is haha.

cubswin

Silver

Post by cubswin » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:27 pm

Anyone know if there's a particular LSAT score or set of numbers where Kent starts handing out decent merit aid?

sarlis

Silver

Post by sarlis » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:42 pm

cubswin wrote:Anyone know if there's a particular LSAT score or set of numbers where Kent starts handing out decent merit aid?
like to know the answer to this question as well

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

sarlis

Silver

Post by sarlis » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:07 pm

Anyone else get the status checker email today? If so, what is your status on there?

gocubs2010

New

Post by gocubs2010 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:09 pm

well Kent now has a status checker. I got the email this morning about that. I swear after yesterday getting the generic guidebook with the "Dear Prospective Applicant:" in the mail in the big white envelope, and the email today informing me about the new status checker, I think they are just screwing with me.

edit: my status is Application Complete - In Review

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:11 pm

sarlis wrote:Anyone else get the status checker email today? If so, what is your status on there?
I just got it. Says "Complete and Under Review" :shock: .

sarlis

Silver

Post by sarlis » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:12 pm

+1, yeah mine too

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”