Suffolk

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ianfitzy

Re: Suffolk

Postby ianfitzy » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:03 pm

In via snail mail... How long does it usually take to receive the merit package with scholarship info? If I get money to Suffolk, it will make my decision real tough since I can commute for free. Numbers are 3.2 and 162 so I'm hoping for some decent money.

wpc1532

Postby wpc1532 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:27 pm

From what others have said in the thread, and from what I've experienced, the scholly money always comes after the admit letter. Send off a quick email asking them if they'd consider you for a merit scholarship and see what happens.

ASD was great, the campus is beautiful, and the library has a stunning view.
Last edited by wpc1532 on Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dp73816

Postby dp73816 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:09 am

Ok so Im really, really torn between Suffolk and Rutgers-Camden at this point. Suffolk gave me about $25k a year, and I LOVE Boston. I liked Northeastern, but their private school tuition (at sticker) is a little too rich for my blood - so they're out. Camden gave me $5k a year without in-state, but the possibility of attaining it for 2L and 3L years. Any opinions guys?

Queenjane87

Postby Queenjane87 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:17 am

Withdrew this week with $30 a year. Hope this helps free up some scholarship funds!

blerg

Postby blerg » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:23 am

dp73816 wrote:Ok so Im really, really torn between Suffolk and Rutgers-Camden at this point. Suffolk gave me about $25k a year, and I LOVE Boston. I liked Northeastern, but their private school tuition (at sticker) is a little too rich for my blood - so they're out. Camden gave me $5k a year without in-state, but the possibility of attaining it for 2L and 3L years. Any opinions guys?

What's your debt load for each school? If you want to end up in Boston, Suffolk for sure.

bitlrc

Postby bitlrc » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:24 am

dp73816 wrote:Ok so Im really, really torn between Suffolk and Rutgers-Camden at this point. Suffolk gave me about $25k a year, and I LOVE Boston. I liked Northeastern, but their private school tuition (at sticker) is a little too rich for my blood - so they're out. Camden gave me $5k a year without in-state, but the possibility of attaining it for 2L and 3L years. Any opinions guys?

personally, i would go with ru-c. pretty good value, especially with in-state and they are arguably the top program in the state. they place well in NJ and in philly, so job prospects are good, compared to suffolk which has to compete with 2 elite programs directly in boston, plus a peer school. maybe i'm biased though because i'm a NJ resident and have been for about 20 years.

on the other hand if you know you HAVE to be in boston, suffolk would hands down be the better choice because rutgers won't place there at all.

kissy

Postby kissy » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:26 am

bitlrc wrote:

personally, i would go with ru-c. pretty good value, especially with in-state and they are arguably the top program in the state. they place well in NJ and in philly, so job prospects are good, compared to suffolk which has to compete with 2 elite programs directly in boston, plus a peer school. maybe i'm biased though because i'm a NJ resident and have been for about 20 years.

on the other hand if you know you HAVE to be in boston, suffolk would hands down be the better choice because rutgers won't place there at all.

+1

ru-c baby

futurelawyer413

Postby futurelawyer413 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:36 pm

for those who have been admitted - were the acceptances in mail in a small envelope or big envelope packet? did you immediately recognize that you were accepted just by looking at the mail, like did it says "Congrats!" or anything on the front? what other information is provided in the acceptance mail?

Thanks!

cruzgator

Postby cruzgator » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:22 pm

It was a big envelope. If you get the big one you are in for sure. If you get a small letter, you were WL or rejected. Good luck buddy!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”