Pitt 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
CivilDisobedience

Re: Pitt 2010

Postby CivilDisobedience » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:13 pm

I am waiting on information from Pitt admissions and word from Case before I accept/withdraw my acceptance from Pitt.

Scurredsitless1

Postby Scurredsitless1 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:21 pm

Has anyone received an "accepted students packet"? It seems folks got them around this time last year......

burvowski

Postby burvowski » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:28 pm

Looks like I'll be missing most of you in August, I'm leaving PGH on August 1st and not coming back until a day before orientation. Hopefully I don't regret that.

ihopeihope

Postby ihopeihope » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:32 pm

mhd08 wrote:
BarbellDreams wrote:I will be moving to Pittsburgh on August first if anyone wants to arrange a class of 2013 get together or something before school starts. We can start up bar review early!

Yes, brilliant idea!! I'll be moving the second week of August. Maybe we can do something one or two weeks before orientation so most people are moved in.

+1 Fat Heads has a ridiculous selection of beer on-tap--just thought I'd throw that one out as a possibility.

Compaq1984

Postby Compaq1984 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:13 pm

ihopeihope wrote:
mhd08 wrote:
BarbellDreams wrote:I will be moving to Pittsburgh on August first if anyone wants to arrange a class of 2013 get together or something before school starts. We can start up bar review early!

Yes, brilliant idea!! I'll be moving the second week of August. Maybe we can do something one or two weeks before orientation so most people are moved in.

+1 Fat Heads has a ridiculous selection of beer on-tap--just thought I'd throw that one out as a possibility.

yeah i've heard good things about that place... there doesnt seem to be a lack of goods bars in P-Burgh...

Dr. Review

Postby Dr. Review » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:19 pm

Compaq, I've been meaning to ask, what the hell is going on in your tar?

Also, I'm down for wherever. If that means trying a ton of different places, I'll take one for the team there.

Scurredsitless1

Postby Scurredsitless1 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:20 pm

ihopeihope wrote:
mhd08 wrote:

I love Fat Heads. Love it. They make the most amazing sandwiches. The beer list is awesome. You all should try it.

But I don't think it would be ideal for this situation. It gets very crowded, the bar area isn't very big, and tables often require hour+ waits.

I would recommend a place in Oakland. Maybe Union Grille, Mad Mex, Bootleggers, or Pittsburgh Cafe (it's a little sleazy, but you can sit outside).

Colton

Postby Colton » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:32 pm

Scurredsitless1 wrote:
ihopeihope wrote:
mhd08 wrote:

I love Fat Heads. Love it. They make the most amazing sandwiches. The beer list is awesome. You all should try it.

But I don't think it would be ideal for this situation. It gets very crowded, the bar area isn't very big, and tables often require hour+ waits.

I would recommend a place in Oakland. Maybe Union Grille, Mad Mex, Bootleggers, or Pittsburgh Cafe (it's a little sleazy, but you can sit outside).

You can't go wrong with Hemingway's.

burvowski

Postby burvowski » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:33 pm

Scurredsitless1 wrote:
ihopeihope wrote:
mhd08 wrote:

I recommend Gene's Place in Oakland. Very close to campus.

ForzaJuve123

Postby ForzaJuve123 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:27 pm

Hi All!
I'll be in Pittsburgh at the end of July looking for a place. I haven't been to Pittsburgh since I was 5 so wherever you guys decide on, I'll be there. I used to work for a brewer so any place with a good selection of beers would be great btw

Compaq1984

Postby Compaq1984 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:14 pm

You can't go wrong with Hemingway's.

+1 for hemingways...

Stopped there last time I was in Pitt and I was pleasantly surprised with their respectable beer selection and VERY GENEROUS drink specials... perfect bar for poor college kids...

Compaq1984

Postby Compaq1984 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:17 pm

Bedsole wrote:Compaq, I've been meaning to ask, what the hell is going on in your tar?

Also, I'm down for wherever. If that means trying a ton of different places, I'll take one for the team there.

Its a snapshot from a hilarious scene in "Always Sunny in Philadelphia"...

I would recommend checking the show out... its on "F/X" in the Fall or you can buy one of the seasons on DVD... think they are through 5 seasons now..

Scurredsitless1

Postby Scurredsitless1 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:21 pm

Compaq1984 wrote:
Bedsole wrote:Compaq, I've been meaning to ask, what the hell is going on in your tar?

I would recommend checking the show out... its on "F/X" in the Fall or you can buy one of the seasons on DVD... think they are through 5 seasons now..

My favorite ASIP episode is the one where charlie and dee have to live a day in eachother's shoes. Dee's standup was hilarious....

I also like the one where the gang tried out for the eagles....

Compaq1984

Postby Compaq1984 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:41 pm

Scurredsitless1 wrote:
Compaq1984 wrote:

My favorite ASIP episode is the one where charlie and dee have to live a day in eachother's shoes. Dee's standup was hilarious....

I also like the one where the gang tried out for the eagles....

LOL... I think thats the one where Dee has to sleep at charlie's and they eat the cat food, sniff glue, and drink beer so they can fall asleep...? HAHAHA... Its nearly impossible for me to have a clear cut #1 but that episode is definitely up there...

Compaq1984

Postby Compaq1984 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:44 pm

I can see my 1L oral argument going something like Dee's "stand-up performance"....ha ha

burvowski

Postby burvowski » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:58 pm

Dr. Review

Postby Dr. Review » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:17 pm

Compaq1984 wrote:I can see my 1L oral argument going something like Dee's "stand-up performance"....ha ha

Oh, I've watched a few episodes of ASIP, but I don't watch much TV outside of Top Gear, tbh. Probably won't even have cable in my new apartment.

Compaq1984

Postby Compaq1984 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:48 pm

burvowski wrote:WILD CARD, BITCHES!!!!

lol...

CivilDisobedience

Postby CivilDisobedience » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:38 am

Cat in the wall, eh?

Compaq1984

Postby Compaq1984 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:39 pm

CivilDisobedience wrote:Cat in the wall, eh?

another CLASSIC...

burvowski

Postby burvowski » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:49 pm

Pittsburgh: the only city where the local NHL team will hang out on the 2nd floor of a bar and pour champagne into your mouth from the Stanley Cup

BarbellDreams

Postby BarbellDreams » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:36 pm

How does one go about getting tickets to panther Basketball/Football? I have a friend who went to UG at Pitt and he told me you can forget about basketball tickets because the waiting list is very long and they use a "loyalty points" system so basically all first year students are screwed because the only way to obtain loyalty points is to go to the games and being incoming students you obviously have zero.

He said football is a completely different story and it isn't very difficult to get tickets.

Pitt's site says footbal tickets are $25 for the season? That seems a little too cheap so I may have read it wrong. I also have no idea how to get them.

Scurredsitless1

Postby Scurredsitless1 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:35 pm

BarbellDreams wrote:How does one go about getting tickets to panther Basketball/Football? I have a friend who went to UG at Pitt and he told me you can forget about basketball tickets because the waiting list is very long and they use a "loyalty points" system so basically all first year students are screwed because the only way to obtain loyalty points is to go to the games and being incoming students you obviously have zero.

He said football is a completely different story and it isn't very difficult to get tickets.

Pitt's site says footbal tickets are $25 for the season? That seems a little too cheap so I may have read it wrong. I also have no idea how to get them.

Football tickets are in very low demand (for most games). $25 for the season is probably true, I think it was $20 when I was an UG. The games are held at Heinz Field, and they're a really good time. Student tickets will not sell out. They might have a different deal for grad students......

I don't think the loyalty points for basketball carryover from year to year. Tickets are determined by a lottery, and the loyalty points are given to continue to get tickets throughout the season. They may have changed it, but that's how it was...

Colton

Postby Colton » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:42 pm

BarbellDreams wrote:How does one go about getting tickets to panther Basketball/Football? I have a friend who went to UG at Pitt and he told me you can forget about basketball tickets because the waiting list is very long and they use a "loyalty points" system so basically all first year students are screwed because the only way to obtain loyalty points is to go to the games and being incoming students you obviously have zero.

Law students can also by Graduate student tickets with an assigned seat in box row. for 125 [that was what it was last year] hoops tickets are hard to come by, but not impossible - except for the really big games. I went to 2.

georgewr11

Postby georgewr11 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:14 pm

You can buy students tickets online once you have your pitt mail ID. They are $25 dollars for general admission tickets in the corner of the end zone opposite the scoreboard at Heinz. I would highly recommend it. We are going to have an awesome team this year and we play Miami and WVU at home.

Basketball tickets really aren't as hard to come by as you might think. In the last two years I have requested tickets to every game and only gotten rejected for tickets to the Syracuse game two years ago and the Villanova game this year. And two years ago we were ranked #1 and had a ridiculous team. Basketball games at the Pete are one of the greatest sports experiences around. We are something like 130-12 at there since it opened. Though now that I think about it, I don't know whether we will be able to get tickets to basketball games as law students

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”