Pitt 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
burvowski
Posts: 159
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:13 pm

Re: Pitt 2010

Postby burvowski » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:26 pm

I've heard PNC Park has some of the, if not the, lowest priced beer in the MLB.

nice view too
--ImageRemoved--

Colton
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:00 pm

Re: Pitt 2010

Postby Colton » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:55 pm

burvowski wrote:I've heard PNC Park has some of the, if not the, lowest priced beer in the MLB.

nice view too
--ImageRemoved--


They do, and they also have special ticket deals for the Law School. Last week [was it two now?] they had $1 tickets for law students on the third base corner in the lower deck. No shit. 50 feet from the third base line. For the LA Dodgers. Like the whole 1L class was there.

User avatar
jack duluoz
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:26 pm

Re: Pitt 2010

Postby jack duluoz » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:57 pm

Pens up after 1.

User avatar
OGR3
Posts: 881
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:56 pm

Re: Pitt 2010

Postby OGR3 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:11 pm

Colton wrote:
burvowski wrote:I've heard PNC Park has some of the, if not the, lowest priced beer in the MLB.

nice view too
--ImageRemoved--


They do, and they also have special ticket deals for the Law School. Last week [was it two now?] they had $1 tickets for law students on the third base corner in the lower deck. No shit. 50 feet from the third base line. For the LA Dodgers. Like the whole 1L class was there.


If only they had such deals for every game...

Also, I don't know how old this is, but I think it's telling: http://espn.go.com/page2/s/ballparks/pncpark.html

Frank Lloyd Wright designed his masterpiece, Falling Water, as a retreat-in-the-woods a couple hours outside Pittsburgh for department store owner Edgar Kauffman. Cantilevered over a waterfall, the home is both completely modern and thoroughly romantic, interacting harmoniously with the landscape by merging modern building materials with the natural elements surrounding it.

Falling Water is regarded as the perfect blend of art, architecture and environment.

Or at least it was until PNC Park opened.

User avatar
OGR3
Posts: 881
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:56 pm

Re: Pitt 2010

Postby OGR3 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:14 pm


User avatar
Dr. Review
Posts: 1797
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:51 am

Re: Pitt 2010

Postby Dr. Review » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:07 pm

ihopeihope wrote:
Bedsole wrote:
OGR3 wrote:
Bedsole wrote:
:cry:


As long as you wear shoes to class and wash your clothes, we'll get along fine.


I'd ask if flip flops count, but since I'm moving from NC, I'll probably never be warm enough up there to want to wear my sandals again.



Where in NC will you be coming from? I'll be coming from Asheville. Nice to know a fellow North Carolinian will be there :D


I've lived in Raleigh for the last 2 years, but I did my UG in Charlotte.

User avatar
pjo
Posts: 610
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:14 pm

Re: Pitt 2010

Postby pjo » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:21 pm

OGR3 wrote:
law_lover wrote:They probably still have some funding left. I submitted my application in January and was recently put on a scholarship waiting list. They have made me an offer and I am waiting for the final offer. Anyone know the highest merit scholarship and typical awards? Do they give full tuition?


I met someone at the open house who was awarded full tuition after they showed the admissions office a $38,000 annual offer from Brooklyn.


I think I know that person.. err at least my roomate works with someone of that circumstance. Interstingly enough when I visited Pitt last week they made it very clear to me that they don't give out full rides...ever. I don't know who to believe. I'm thinking they don't "technically" give out full rides but maybe they work up to full rides by giving additional money through endowments. idk

User avatar
OGR3
Posts: 881
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:56 pm

Re: Pitt 2010

Postby OGR3 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:23 pm

In case any of you were wondering, Roethlisberger has been suspended for 6 games.

User avatar
Dr. Review
Posts: 1797
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:51 am

Re: Pitt 2010

Postby Dr. Review » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:29 pm

OGR3 wrote:In case any of you were wondering, Roethlisberger has been suspended for 6 games.


That will make it easier to continue NOT being a Steelers fan.

User avatar
scruffs mcguff
Posts: 304
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:49 pm

Re: Pitt 2010

Postby scruffs mcguff » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:34 pm

Bedsole wrote:That will make it easier to continue NOT being a Steelers fan.


Fellow Panthers fan?

User avatar
OGR3
Posts: 881
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:56 pm

Re: Pitt 2010

Postby OGR3 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:36 pm

Bedsole wrote:
OGR3 wrote:In case any of you were wondering, Roethlisberger has been suspended for 6 games.


That will make it easier to continue NOT being a Steelers fan.


They're actively soliciting trade offers, fyi.

User avatar
Dr. Review
Posts: 1797
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:51 am

Re: Pitt 2010

Postby Dr. Review » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:36 pm

scruffs mcguff wrote:
Bedsole wrote:That will make it easier to continue NOT being a Steelers fan.


Fellow Panthers fan?


I did UG in Charlotte. I would think it obvious. :P

User avatar
scruffs mcguff
Posts: 304
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:49 pm

Re: Pitt 2010

Postby scruffs mcguff » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:37 pm

Bedsole wrote:I did UG in Charlotte. I would think it obvious. :P


Panthers at Steelers Week 16 Sunday night. woot woot.

User avatar
Dr. Review
Posts: 1797
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:51 am

Re: Pitt 2010

Postby Dr. Review » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:38 pm

scruffs mcguff wrote:
Bedsole wrote:I did UG in Charlotte. I would think it obvious. :P


Panthers at Steelers Week 16 Sunday night. woot woot.


I have a feeling some family members will be coming up for a visit that weekend.

User avatar
mhd08
Posts: 318
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:42 am

Re: Pitt 2010

Postby mhd08 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:50 pm

Yes, just got an e-mail... I'm in!!!!

CivilDisobedience
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:58 pm

Re: Pitt 2010

Postby CivilDisobedience » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:47 pm

mhd08 wrote:Yes, just got an e-mail... I'm in!!!!

Did you receive an email say that they were "offering an offer of admittance" and that they were "making sure you were still interested"?

Because that is what an email I received today from Pitt Law said.


I found it rather... odd.

User avatar
mhd08
Posts: 318
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:42 am

Re: Pitt 2010

Postby mhd08 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:56 pm

CivilDisobedience wrote:
mhd08 wrote:Yes, just got an e-mail... I'm in!!!!

Did you receive an email say that they were "offering an offer of admittance" and that they were "making sure you were still interested"?

Because that is what an email I received today from Pitt Law said.


I found it rather... odd.


Yes, I got that same e-mail. Definitely kind of odd, but I replied saying I was definitely interested. I mean an offer is an offer, as odd as it may seem. I'm not questioning it, I'm just happy. I guess since it's so late in the cycle they want to know how interested we are before they formally extend us offers.

CivilDisobedience
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:58 pm

Re: Pitt 2010

Postby CivilDisobedience » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:11 pm

mhd08 wrote:
CivilDisobedience wrote:
mhd08 wrote:Yes, just got an e-mail... I'm in!!!!

Did you receive an email say that they were "offering an offer of admittance" and that they were "making sure you were still interested"?

Because that is what an email I received today from Pitt Law said.


I found it rather... odd.


Yes, I got that same e-mail. Definitely kind of odd, but I replied saying I was definitely interested. I mean an offer is an offer, as odd as it may seem. I'm not questioning it, I'm just happy. I guess since it's so late in the cycle they want to know how interested we are before they formally extend us offers.


Since the email hardly looked like an acceptance letter, I questioned if it was even truly an acceptance. Though, the "offer of acceptance" does seem to indicate the acceptance. It was just not similar to the other acceptance emails I have received.

User avatar
mhd08
Posts: 318
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:42 am

Re: Pitt 2010

Postby mhd08 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:19 pm

CivilDisobedience wrote:
mhd08 wrote:
CivilDisobedience wrote:
mhd08 wrote:Yes, just got an e-mail... I'm in!!!!

Did you receive an email say that they were "offering an offer of admittance" and that they were "making sure you were still interested"?

Because that is what an email I received today from Pitt Law said.


I found it rather... odd.


Yes, I got that same e-mail. Definitely kind of odd, but I replied saying I was definitely interested. I mean an offer is an offer, as odd as it may seem. I'm not questioning it, I'm just happy. I guess since it's so late in the cycle they want to know how interested we are before they formally extend us offers.


Since the email hardly looked like an acceptance letter, I questioned if it was even truly an acceptance. Though, the "offer of acceptance" does seem to indicate the acceptance. It was just not similar to the other acceptance emails I have received.


I agree, it's definitely a little confusing. But they did say they'd like to extend an offer of admission and they hope I join them at Pitt Law. I'm thinking I'll get the formal letter/e-mail pretty soon.

CivilDisobedience
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:58 pm

Re: Pitt 2010

Postby CivilDisobedience » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:25 pm

Irregardless of the confusion, good luck. Perhaps Pitt still has a few dollars to spare.

User avatar
mhd08
Posts: 318
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:42 am

Re: Pitt 2010

Postby mhd08 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:27 pm

CivilDisobedience wrote:Irregardless of the confusion, good luck. Perhaps Pitt still has a few dollars to spare.


Thanks, you too! I'm crossing my fingers for money.

User avatar
WithGrace23
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: Pitt 2010

Postby WithGrace23 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:42 pm

CivilDisobedience wrote:
mhd08 wrote:Yes, just got an e-mail... I'm in!!!!

Did you receive an email say that they were "offering an offer of admittance" and that they were "making sure you were still interested"?

Because that is what an email I received today from Pitt Law said.


I found it rather... odd.


I received this email as well. I was very excited about Pitt, but I was hoping that they would get back to me before the deposit deadline at other schools.

I wonder if this email asking us if we are still interested is a clever way to let us know they will accept us, without having to "accept us" and raise their acceptance rate?

User avatar
Dr. Review
Posts: 1797
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:51 am

Re: Pitt 2010

Postby Dr. Review » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:51 pm

It must be something they do after the initial seat deposits are due. I was admitted the week before deposits were due, and I never got any sort of e-mail in regards to acceptance at all. All I got was a snail mail.

g8t13
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:26 pm

Re: Pitt 2010

Postby g8t13 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:00 pm

Got the email also! Really excited :)

User avatar
mhd08
Posts: 318
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:42 am

Re: Pitt 2010

Postby mhd08 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:04 pm

Does anyone think they'll still be giving out scholarships? I got the e-mail back in January saying students with my numbers are guaranteed a dean's scholarship. Wondering if that still holds true this late in the cycle.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Daaltaraan, Kaziende, Veil of Ignorance, zeglo and 19 guests