Pitt 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Nicholasnickynic
Posts: 1126
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:21 pm

Re: Pitt 2010

Postby Nicholasnickynic » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:01 pm

Thank you very much, very helpful.

As to income ceiling. You might not hit it right away, but..


Say one person starts out making 80k.

ANother 40k. Lets say after 5 years the 40k person has DOUBLED, and the 80k person has gotten no raises. Even with assuming that, the 80k person still comes out with $200,000 more in just 5 years. And thats assuming he doesn't get promoted himself.

It just adds up really quickly. Furthermore, if the 80k person gets promoted at the same rate, he'll be making more all his life.

Colton
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:00 pm

Re: Pitt 2010

Postby Colton » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:24 pm

Absolutely. Im not saying you shouldnt try to make as much money as you can while doing something you enjoy/like/dont hate. You should. I just wanted to point out that its not quite as terrible as it sometimes sounds.

User avatar
jack duluoz
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:26 pm

Re: Pitt 2010

Postby jack duluoz » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:00 pm

so i received an email from Pitt saying i was "under review." has anyone else recieved one? it's weird that some ppl said they havent received any emails and this one is my third....

Nikiya
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 7:49 pm

Re: Pitt 2010

Postby Nikiya » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:17 pm

jack duluoz wrote:so i received an email from Pitt saying i was "under review." has anyone else recieved one? it's weird that some ppl said they havent received any emails and this one is my third....



Yes, I got this about a week ago. Though I think it's only my second email from them (the first being when they told me they received my application) aside from the fee waiver/info emails they sent before I applied.

jtgain
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:56 pm

Re: Pitt 2010

Postby jtgain » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:19 am

Just to add to the info, I got an acceptance letter in the mail w/ scholly info. Never got an email with an "under review" status.

User avatar
badwithpseudonyms
Posts: 815
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:48 pm

Re: Pitt 2010

Postby badwithpseudonyms » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:35 am

To the OP: Just call it Pitt. No one says U Pittsburgh.

Nikiya
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 7:49 pm

Re: Pitt 2010

Postby Nikiya » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:46 am

badwithpseudonyms wrote:To the OP: Just call it Pitt. No one says U Pittsburgh.


Exactly! You might get a few laughs if you refer to it as U Pitt.

User avatar
YellowCake
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Pitt 2010

Postby YellowCake » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:08 pm

Nikiya wrote:
badwithpseudonyms wrote:To the OP: Just call it Pitt. No one says U Pittsburgh.


Exactly! You might get a few laughs if you refer to it as U Pitt.


Lol I used to always laugh at the freshman who did this. UPitt? Really?

Nikiya
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 7:49 pm

Re: Pitt 2010

Postby Nikiya » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:16 pm

YellowCake wrote:
Nikiya wrote:
badwithpseudonyms wrote:To the OP: Just call it Pitt. No one says U Pittsburgh.


Exactly! You might get a few laughs if you refer to it as U Pitt.


Lol I used to always laugh at the freshman who did this. UPitt? Really?



haha I just want to shake them and ask how in the world they didn't notice the logo "PITT" on something, or how it's possible they haven't seen a Pitt game where students chant "P-I-T-T LET'S GO PITT!" prior to becoming a freshman.

reverendt
Posts: 499
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:56 am

Re: Pitt 2010

Postby reverendt » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:29 pm

I'll chime in on the job situation...I'm a Pitt 2L
Situation is as dismal as it is everywhere else. Half the law review doesn't even have anything lined up for the summer yet.
I'm top 1/3 on a secondary journal...got interview out of OCI that didn't turn into a job.
Basically the school has told us....look to the small/mid sized firms. They hire in the spring....so we'll see how that goes.

That said, the situation here seems no better and no worse than anyplace else.
The goods news is....this darkness got to give....the economy is ripe to turn about, and when it does the firms will be hiring again. Hopefully that'll be next year, right before I graduate!

Anyway, I am also happy to answer any questions your may have.

blue232
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:11 pm

Re: Pitt 2010

Postby blue232 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:08 pm

Just want to clarify... Has anyone received an actual status checker from Pitt? Or do you just get an e-mail when you're under review? I sent my app in on 11/23, got the e-mail that it was received on 11/24 and nothing since then. Should I be looking out for a status checker or anything like that?

User avatar
jack duluoz
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:26 pm

Re: Pitt 2010

Postby jack duluoz » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:57 pm

no status checker

just email...if anything at all

User avatar
badwithpseudonyms
Posts: 815
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:48 pm

Re: Pitt 2010

Postby badwithpseudonyms » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:27 pm

blue232 wrote:Just want to clarify... Has anyone received an actual status checker from Pitt? Or do you just get an e-mail when you're under review? I sent my app in on 11/23, got the e-mail that it was received on 11/24 and nothing since then. Should I be looking out for a status checker or anything like that?


No. After the "received" email I heard nothing. Check my profile and/or LSN, but it was probably a little less than a month until I got the "under review" email (yesterday). So I wouldn't expect anything for awhile.

Queenjane87
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:51 pm

Re: Pitt 2010

Postby Queenjane87 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:21 pm

Has anyone who got the under review email last week heard anything?

User avatar
badwithpseudonyms
Posts: 815
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:48 pm

Re: Pitt 2010

Postby badwithpseudonyms » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:28 pm

Queenjane87 wrote:Has anyone who got the under review email last week heard anything?


Nope. When I saw the thread updated I was kind of hoping you had. :(

Philaw
Posts: 324
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:49 pm

Re: Pitt 2010

Postby Philaw » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:29 pm

badwithpseudonyms wrote:
Queenjane87 wrote:Has anyone who got the under review email last week heard anything?


Nope. When I saw the thread updated I was kind of hoping you had. :(


+1

Scurredsitless1
Posts: 284
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:47 pm

Re: Pitt 2010

Postby Scurredsitless1 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:05 pm

So it seems one round of admits were sent out. All of those admits were sent via snail mail and never got a "complete" or "under review" email. They were also well above median candidates. (correct?)

LSN shows previous years going through a similar trend, with another round of admits out before christmas.

I hope my next post here will be a cheerful one.

User avatar
Nicholasnickynic
Posts: 1126
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:21 pm

Re: Pitt 2010

Postby Nicholasnickynic » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:11 pm

Scurredsitless1 wrote:So it seems one round of admits were sent out. All of those admits were sent via snail mail and never got a "complete" or "under review" email. They were also well above median candidates. (correct?)

LSN shows previous years going through a similar trend, with another round of admits out before christmas.

I hope my next post here will be a cheerful one.


Correct. Although I was a splitter (3.06/165). Still 165 way above median of 159. Also, I think to add to that, everyone that has heard at this point has been offered scholarships. I don't know what that means, but I think it is significant.

User avatar
jack duluoz
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:26 pm

Re: Pitt 2010

Postby jack duluoz » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:58 pm

i have some inside information...looks like 2nd round of acceptances are being mailed this afternoon.

User avatar
bklyngreenlp
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:23 pm

Re: Pitt 2010

Postby bklyngreenlp » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:03 pm

thanks for the tip!

User avatar
RMstratosphere
Posts: 443
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:25 pm

Re: Pitt 2010

Postby RMstratosphere » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:04 pm

jack duluoz wrote:i have some inside information...looks like 2nd round of acceptances are being mailed this afternoon.


Can you elaborate through PM?
Not that you need to- just curious.

Queenjane87
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:51 pm

Re: Pitt 2010

Postby Queenjane87 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:10 pm

RMstratosphere wrote:
jack duluoz wrote:i have some inside information...looks like 2nd round of acceptances are being mailed this afternoon.


Can you elaborate through PM?
Not that you need to- just curious.


+1 How do you know this interesting information?

User avatar
badwithpseudonyms
Posts: 815
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:48 pm

Re: Pitt 2010

Postby badwithpseudonyms » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:12 pm

jack duluoz wrote:i have some inside information...looks like 2nd round of acceptances are being mailed this afternoon.


No questions asked, I'll take you at your word! I need a decision to satiate my obsessive status/email/TLS checking.

Image

It was this or Happy Feet...

joliveri
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:03 am

Re: Pitt 2010

Postby joliveri » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:22 pm

anybody notice on lsn that someone got a waitlist e-mail on 12/08? Interesting....

Scurredsitless1
Posts: 284
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:47 pm

Re: Pitt 2010

Postby Scurredsitless1 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:15 pm

joliveri wrote:anybody notice on lsn that someone got a waitlist e-mail on 12/08? Interesting....


Just another torturous tidbit of information that this experience has been filled with




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Anon.y.mousse., Christinabruin, christinaxcarrie, Keilz, Nickel94, nightie, pandaaa, sovogue, wajdicm and 29 guests