Pitt 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Compaq1984

Re: Pitt 2010

Postby Compaq1984 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:08 pm

If I can ask the opinion of those in this topic....

I am under review still at PITT but I feel that a decision is going to be made quite soon....

Then today, I received an solicitation of sorts from an Insurance Company that was titled as such:

To the Parents of a
University of Pittsburgh Student
"Compaq 1984"
XXX St.
XXX-Ville, XX 12345

(Note: I did not do UG at PITT)

I do not know how else this company could have gotten my information except directly from PITT???? Should I feel good about this or is it simply a CRUEL, CRUEL mistake/coincidence???

Scurredsitless1

Postby Scurredsitless1 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:13 pm

KJ5490 wrote:
Scurredsitless1 wrote:
apmurphy636 wrote:How long does it usually take to hear back from Pitt? Applied a month ago and haven't heard back yet. 162 and 3.5 here

If your surname is actually "murphy", you're eligible for a scholly based on that alone.... i shit you not. check the website.

I saw that too. What a joke, maybe I'll go change my name to make school a little more affordable

The really funny thing about that is they don't advertise all their schollys. I recieved a scholly by a name not mentioned on the site. But they choose to advertise that one.....

I guess when someone is donates the cash, they can make the stipulations.... however wacky....

apmurphy636

Postby apmurphy636 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:05 pm

Scurredsitless1 wrote:
KJ5490 wrote:
Scurredsitless1 wrote:
apmurphy636 wrote:How long does it usually take to hear back from Pitt? Applied a month ago and haven't heard back yet. 162 and 3.5 here

If your surname is actually "murphy", you're eligible for a scholly based on that alone.... i shit you not. check the website.

I saw that too. What a joke, maybe I'll go change my name to make school a little more affordable

The really funny thing about that is they don't advertise all their schollys. I recieved a scholly by a name not mentioned on the site. But they choose to advertise that one.....

I guess when someone is donates the cash, they can make the stipulations.... however wacky....

Wow I had not seen that yet. I hope that helps my chances for admission. Any idea how much that scholarship is for?

georgewr11

Postby georgewr11 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:44 pm

Next round of decisions won't be mailed out until the 15th, at the earliest

FunkyJD

Postby FunkyJD » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:52 pm

georgewr11 wrote:Next round of decisions won't be mailed out until the 15th, at the earliest

Curious to know, what is the source of this information?

TWoodWil

Postby TWoodWil » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:22 pm

Compaq1984 wrote:If I can ask the opinion of those in this topic....

I am under review still at PITT but I feel that a decision is going to be made quite soon....

Then today, I received an solicitation of sorts from an Insurance Company that was titled as such:

To the Parents of a
"Compaq 1984"
XXX St.
XXX-Ville, XX 12345

I do not know how else this company could have gotten my information except directly from PITT???? Should I feel good about this or is it simply a CRUEL, CRUEL mistake/coincidence???

Assume spam unless proven otherwise.

Pitt is actually quite prodigious in email correspondence to admitted students. Most weeks I seem to get 2 to 3 emails from either the Admissions/Financial Aid Office and various departments and programs in the law school.

Summed up this way: You'll know legitimate admitted students Pitt-related email when you start being buried by it.

Compaq1984

Postby Compaq1984 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:02 pm

TWoodWil wrote:

To the Parents of a
"Compaq 1984"
XXX St.
XXX-Ville, XX 12345

Pitt is actually quite prodigious in email correspondence to admitted students. Most weeks I seem to get 2 to 3 emails from either the Admissions/Financial Aid Office and various departments and programs in the law school.

Summed up this way: You'll know legitimate admitted students Pitt-related email when you start being buried by it.

I am certainly sure that it is spam but I am not yet officially admitted so who would really know or care that I was a student @ Pitt? I'm sure I'll hear something official in the next week or so but I'm just looking for any type of good news at this point... I just dont see how this random company would get my information...
anyways, fingers crossed...

KJ5490

Postby KJ5490 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:09 pm

Anyone have any tips on apartment hunting? I saw that the university apartments are no longer accepting applications so I've just been browsing.

keg411

Postby keg411 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:11 pm

Compaq1984 wrote:
TWoodWil wrote:

To the Parents of a
"Compaq 1984"
XXX St.
XXX-Ville, XX 12345

I am certainly sure that it is spam but I am not yet officially admitted so who would really know or care that I was a student @ Pitt? I'm sure I'll hear something official in the next week or so but I'm just looking for any type of good news at this point... I just dont see how this random company would get my information...

You don't know anything or hear anything until you get the letter in the mail. Then believe me, you know you're in. I get e-mails from Pitt probably once a day.

Compaq1984

Postby Compaq1984 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:22 pm

keg411 wrote:
Compaq1984 wrote:
TWoodWil wrote:

To the Parents of a
"Compaq 1984"
XXX St.
XXX-Ville, XX 12345

You don't know anything or hear anything until you get the letter in the mail. Then believe me, you know you're in. I get e-mails from Pitt probably once a day.

Yeah I know... They dont hava stat checker so I'm basically grasping at straws... LOL

Soon enuff....

virginiaplain

Postby virginiaplain » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:07 pm

Is anybody still waiting to hear from Pitt? I feel like my decision is never going to come :(

JuTMSY4

Postby JuTMSY4 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:08 pm

virginiaplain wrote:Is anybody still waiting to hear from Pitt? I feel like my decision is never going to come :(

I am. Went Under Review on 2/24. I'd like to think my decision is in the mail...

changeitup

Postby changeitup » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:12 pm

JuTMSY4 wrote:
virginiaplain wrote:Is anybody still waiting to hear from Pitt? I feel like my decision is never going to come :(

I am. Went Under Review on 2/24. I'd like to think my decision is in the mail...

Me too. I went under review 1/27.

keemos

Postby keemos » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:17 pm

changeitup wrote:
JuTMSY4 wrote:

+1

Compaq1984

Postby Compaq1984 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:55 pm

keemos wrote:
changeitup wrote:
JuTMSY4 wrote:

+1

+1 as well....

I have no real life thanks to my law school apps so I have noticed some patterns via LSN.... (for those who care)
It seems that people who sent apps around the end of Jan. were under review on or around 2/24...
Shortly after, there was a string of WL and then a few Rejects earlier this week....
Based on the previous timing of WL,DENY,ACCEPT for Pitt on LSN, I would imagine that we are all looking at ACCEPT/DENY...
WL seem to come only by email and they come in groups...
Lets hope that we are all admits so we can regain some sanity...
GL!
:shock:

kartal

Postby kartal » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:35 pm

Does anybody know how the faculty at Pitt leans; more liberal or conservative? How about the student body?

FunkyJD

Postby FunkyJD » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:46 pm

Ah Pitt ... thanks for reminding me. I had forgotten them in the mass of my applications -- mainly because they don't be contacting me!

Complete 2/24 as well. I like them, but they'd better like me back pretty soon ... and by like, I mean:

--ImageRemoved-- PLUS --ImageRemoved--

keg411

Postby keg411 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:49 pm

FWIW, I had zero communication with them until I got my acceptance. I didn't even get any type of complete e-mail or anything else at all. Just came home one day to a letter.

Anyway, I'm all signed up for ASD. Looking forward to it :) (the 6 hour drive.. not so much).

Compaq1984

Postby Compaq1984 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:59 pm

keg411 wrote:FWIW, I had zero communication with them until I got my acceptance. I didn't even get any type of complete e-mail or anything else at all. Just came home one day to a letter.

Anyway, I'm all signed up for ASD. Looking forward to it :) (the 6 hour drive.. not so much).

JW but which school are you "leaning" towards at this point??? RU-N or PITT?

keg411

Postby keg411 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:03 pm

Compaq1984 wrote:
keg411 wrote:FWIW, I had zero communication with them until I got my acceptance. I didn't even get any type of complete e-mail or anything else at all. Just came home one day to a letter.

I'm not leaning anywhere at this point (though I did really like RU-N). Too many schools to hear from. I re-took the the LSAT in Feb., so most schools didn't review my app until they got my new score. Pitt randomly did, so I guess they just liked me (honestly I really didn't expect everyone to hold my applications so my cycle has kind of been a bit insane and last-minute; I just expected 800 WL's... I still kind of do).

Compaq1984

Postby Compaq1984 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:08 pm

keg411 wrote:
Compaq1984 wrote:

I'm not leaning anywhere at this point (though I did really like RU-N). Too many schools to hear from. I re-took the the LSAT in Feb., so most schools didn't review my app until they got my new score. Pitt randomly did, so I guess they just liked me (honestly I really didn't expect everyone to hold my applications so my cycle has kind of been a bit insane and last-minute; I just expected 800 WL's... I still kind of do).

gotcha, just curious b/c ive seen u alot on both boards...

virginiaplain

Postby virginiaplain » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:09 pm

Accepted today 3/12! Now I feel bad for complaining! 3.2 160 non-URM

keemos

Postby keemos » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:10 pm

virginiaplain wrote:Accepted today 3/12! Now I feel bad for complaining! 3.2 160 non-URM

Congrats! via mail? When did you go under review?

Compaq1984

Postby Compaq1984 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:18 pm

virginiaplain wrote:Accepted today 3/12! Now I feel bad for complaining! 3.2 160 non-URM

congrats!! hopefully the ADMITS start rolling now...

same question sorta...where u under review 2/24ish?

stayway

Postby stayway » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:26 pm

i think i might withdraw with the 14k scholly. Villanova gave me 15k! I'll post when I withdraw! good luck yall!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”