McGeorge

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
kcolo

Re: McGeorge

Postby kcolo » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:38 pm

DR 2/22, financial aid email 2/23...

Do you think it is a good sign that I got the financial aid email after DR?

kgb49

Postby kgb49 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:49 pm

kcolo wrote:DR 2/22, financial aid email 2/23...

Do you think it is a good sign that I got the financial aid email after DR?

everyone got that email.

tadams86

Postby tadams86 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:57 pm

Made a visit to McGeorge two weeks ago tomorrow, and was greeted with an acceptance letter and 10k + books, and the top 1/3 contingent. I really enjoyed the campus, but the surrounding neighborhood is really sketchy. I really like SAC, my uncle lives in stockton, so I have had some contact with sac.
Last edited by tadams86 on Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

izzytovar

Postby izzytovar » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:56 am

Rejected at McGeorge today. Good luck to evryone. Still some decent prospects out there though.

kgb49

Postby kgb49 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:10 pm

DR today, anyone else?

tadams86

Postby tadams86 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:21 pm

Good luck. What are your numbers?

kcolo

Postby kcolo » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:39 pm

IN via mail today

kgb49

Postby kgb49 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:52 pm

kcolo wrote:IN via mail today

IN too with $$$ !!!

Norwood

Postby Norwood » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:17 pm

Any DRs this week?

gswfan

Postby gswfan » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:48 pm

Did anyone go yesterday for their Legal Scholar's day?

biobuslaw

Postby biobuslaw » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:52 pm

gswfan wrote:Did anyone go yesterday for their Legal Scholar's day?

Yes. Anything in particular you have questions about?

gswfan

Postby gswfan » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:14 pm

biobuslaw wrote:

What were your impressions of the campus/environment/people? How likely is it that you will be attending?

I signed up for the March 19th day so I'm curious of what to expect.

biobuslaw

Postby biobuslaw » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:26 pm

gswfan wrote:
biobuslaw wrote:

What were your impressions of the campus/environment/people? How likely is it that you will be attending?

Campus: Most schools have a law building within a larger campus. This is a whole campus just for law students. In that respect it's pretty cool. And if you live in student housing you are so close to class I think the trash cans are farther than the front door to the classrooms. Pretty cool.

Environment: Physical - It's surrounded by a not so good neighborhood but doesn't seem altogether threatening. The buildings are really nice. Lots of hi-tech built into every room. And everything is kept up - which is very different from public universities, which are usually kinda run down. Class Environment: Non-competitive, a lot of support from professors, highly interactive. Seems like everyone is there for you. Fact is, everything on the campus is highly focused just on law students.

What to expect: Expect them to really show you they want you next year. Frankly, I was really impressed. I've been admitted to a number of schools, including a top 20 school with money. McGeorge is higher on my list than the top 20 school.

tadams86

Postby tadams86 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:25 pm

What was the time frame of your visit? Like hours wise? Just wondering because I want to attend on the 19th, but I have to be in Southern CA either later that night or the next day. I have already visited the campus, but am interested to come back and meet with other students and sit in on a class.

84Sunbird2000

Postby 84Sunbird2000 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:04 pm

I didn't really know McGeorge gave out much in the way of full tuition, but received a Kennedy Fellowship (Full Tuition + Books + Tuition Waiver and Free Lodging at the seminar Anthony Kennedy teaches in Austria during the summer). They do have that pesky Top 1/3 requirement, which makes it less attractive.

I wish I would have gotten the package faster (Decision 3/1, letter arrived Today), so I could have made an last-minute flight out to the school. As it is, March 19 I have booked with a school in the opposite direction, and the April Scholars' Day is after their deposit deadline.

Still, Sacramento does seem like a good place to be for government service.

lawman2010

Postby lawman2010 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:07 pm

tadams86 wrote:What was the time frame of your visit? Like hours wise? Just wondering because I want to attend on the 19th, but I have to be in Southern CA either later that night or the next day. I have already visited the campus, but am interested to come back and meet with other students and sit in on a class.

I was there all day from 9:30 AM to 3:30 PM. The students I talked to were in the class we sat in on.

lawman2010

Postby lawman2010 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:08 pm

84Sunbird2000 wrote:I didn't really know McGeorge gave out much in the way of full tuition, but received a Kennedy Fellowship (Full Tuition + Books + Tuition Waiver and Free Lodging at the seminar Anthony Kennedy teaches in Austria during the summer). They do have that pesky Top 1/3 requirement, which makes it less attractive.

I wish I would have gotten the package faster (Decision 3/1, letter arrived Today), so I could have made an last-minute flight out to the school. As it is, March 19 I have booked with a school in the opposite direction, and the April Scholars' Day is after their deposit deadline.

Still, Sacramento does seem like a good place to be for government service.

Wow! That's a hell of a scholarship!

gswfan

Postby gswfan » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:06 pm

biobuslaw wrote:
gswfan wrote:
biobuslaw wrote:

Campus: Most schools have a law building within a larger campus. This is a whole campus just for law students. In that respect it's pretty cool. And if you live in student housing you are so close to class I think the trash cans are farther than the front door to the classrooms. Pretty cool.

Environment: Physical - It's surrounded by a not so good neighborhood but doesn't seem altogether threatening. The buildings are really nice. Lots of hi-tech built into every room. And everything is kept up - which is very different from public universities, which are usually kinda run down. Class Environment: Non-competitive, a lot of support from professors, highly interactive. Seems like everyone is there for you. Fact is, everything on the campus is highly focused just on law students.

What to expect: Expect them to really show you they want you next year. Frankly, I was really impressed. I've been admitted to a number of schools, including a top 20 school with money. McGeorge is higher on my list than the top 20 school.

Thanks for the reply. Now I'm pretty excited about going to their LSD. I'm a little iffy about attending McGeorge just because of the area, the ranking, job prospects, and the price tag. But I'll definitely attend LSD with an open mind.

kgb49

Postby kgb49 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:11 pm

Thanks for the reply. Now I'm pretty excited about going to their LSD. I'm a little iffy about attending McGeorge just because of the area, the ranking, job prospects, and the price tag. But I'll definitely attend LSD with an open mind.

So your pretty much "a little iffy" about everything. :lol:

BruinsFan

Postby BruinsFan » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:14 pm

kgb49 wrote:

I was going to go to ASD, had a flight and everything, but cancelled it last night. I was as iffy as this person and had gotten into better schools.

I know I'm not going, so why waste my time and money visiting? Withdrawn letter sent today.

Best of luck!

baboon309

Postby baboon309 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:30 pm

BruinsFan wrote:
kgb49 wrote:

I was going to go to ASD, had a flight and everything, but cancelled it last night. I was as iffy as this person and had gotten into better schools.

I know I'm not going, so why waste my time and money visiting? Withdrawn letter sent today.

Best of luck!

it`s free

Great Satchmo

Postby Great Satchmo » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:42 pm

biobuslaw wrote:
gswfan wrote:
biobuslaw wrote:

Curious, where in the top 20 did you get into with money and have McGeorge be a more interesting option (WUSTL?).

lawman2010

Postby lawman2010 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:25 pm

Minnesota. Am I crazy?

BruinsFan

Postby BruinsFan » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:29 pm

baboon309 wrote:
BruinsFan wrote:
kgb49 wrote:

Best of luck!

it`s free

Yes, the day is free. Plus they paid for my flight and rental car. ITE I would have had to take a day off work, spend money on a hotel room, and feed myself. I was basically waiting until I visited to withdraw and thought it wasn't really worth it.

uwb09

Postby uwb09 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:02 pm

lawman2010 wrote:Minnesota. Am I crazy?

if you want to work in the midwest, yes

if you want to work on the west coast, no

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”