Michigan ED Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Re: Michigan ED Applicants

Postby 06072010 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:01 pm

Congrats, ya'll! Hope to see some of you at admitted students weekends.

bighead715

Postby bighead715 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:04 pm

Veritas wrote:
tumbleweed664 wrote:FYI, I called the admissions office and they said that getting on the admitted site does not necessarily mean you are admitted. Just a warning before people start buying real estate in Ann Arbor or whatever.

they just say that....

are you sure - because that made my heart drop

tumbleweed664

Postby tumbleweed664 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:07 pm

if i were a betting man, i'd say being able to log into the site means your in and them saying otherwise is them covering their butts just in case.

but computer errors do happen.

nuseph

Postby nuseph » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:08 pm

If you can log in, you're in. Got my letter in the mail today--live in A2, postmarked yesterday. Though I could only log in to the site today. This is going to be a great Thanksgiving.

bighead715

Postby bighead715 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:10 pm

nuseph wrote:If you can log in, you're in. Got my letter in the mail today--live in A2, postmarked yesterday. Though I could only log in to the site today. This is going to be a great Thanksgiving.

:| fuck nothing in the mail

bighead715

Postby bighead715 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:11 pm

nuseph wrote:If you can log in, you're in. Got my letter in the mail today--live in A2, postmarked yesterday. Though I could only log in to the site today. This is going to be a great Thanksgiving.

man im not going to be able to sleep tonight - i hope to god youre right

Aeon

Postby Aeon » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:15 pm

Veritas wrote:
Aeon wrote:Congratulations to everyone who's been admitted so far, and best of luck to those who have yet to hear from Michigan! It appears that I too am able to log in to the Admitted Students' site, so I guess I'll be seeing you all in about half a year. :)

congrats!

Thanks, Veritas!

bighead715 wrote:

Have you checked the Mail & Money section of the Admitted Students' site (the link is at the bottom of the left-hand menu)? It should indicate if/when your admissions packet was mailed.

bighead715

Postby bighead715 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:18 pm

Aeon wrote:
Veritas wrote:
Aeon wrote:Congratulations to everyone who's been admitted so far, and best of luck to those who have yet to hear from Michigan! It appears that I too am able to log in to the Admitted Students' site, so I guess I'll be seeing you all in about half a year. :)

congrats!

Thanks, Veritas!

bighead715 wrote:

Have you checked the Mail & Money section of the Admitted Students' site (the link is at the bottom of the left-hand menu)? It should indicate if/when your admissions packet was mailed.

ehhh, it just takes me back to the sign in - this happened to one of the guys that got the packet so i dont know...

Aeon

Postby Aeon » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:21 pm

bighead715 wrote:ehhh, it just takes me back to the sign in - this happened to one of the guys that got the packet so i dont know...

Well, since you're able to log in to the site now, I think it's fairly safe to assume that you're in. :) I really don't recall anyone this cycle being able to enter without having been admitted.

(It's still probably prudent to wait for the packet to physically arrive in the mail, but I don't think you have much to worry about.)

bighead715

Postby bighead715 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:24 pm

Aeon wrote:
bighead715 wrote:ehhh, it just takes me back to the sign in - this happened to one of the guys that got the packet so i dont know...

Well, since you're able to log in to the site now, I think it's fairly safe to assume that you're in. :) I really don't recall anyone this cycle being able to enter without having been admitted.

(It's still probably prudent to wait for the packet to physically arrive in the mail, but I don't think you have much to worry about.)

well, i want to go to the bar and celebrate with many irish car bombs...oh well, tomorrow hopefully! furthermore, the insanity is due to my firm belief as of last night that i had a 0% chance of getting in with my numbers....if im indeed in, i love you Dean Z

Tea&Coffee

Postby Tea&Coffee » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:21 pm

IN!!!!!!!!!!! OMG I CAN"T BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:23 pm

Tea&Coffee wrote:IN!!!!!!!!!!! OMG I CAN"T BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D nice!

ilovelawapps

Postby ilovelawapps » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:24 pm

Sooo how long does Michigan take to send status checkers again? I submitted 10/30 ED (duh) and am still waiting for one haha

nuseph

Postby nuseph » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:27 pm

@bighead

I think you should feel free to enjoy some car bombs tonight. Just don't go sending any drunk FU e-mails to other adcomms until you've got the letter in your hand. And even then, I'm guessing the FU e-mail would be poor form, though satisfying.

Tea&Coffee

Postby Tea&Coffee » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:51 pm

THANKS Veritas!!! Hope to see you next year too!!! Can't believe the cycle is over...

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:12 pm

Tea&Coffee wrote:THANKS Veritas!!! Hope to see you next year too!!! Can't believe the cycle is over...

oh I hope too :D :|

Vincent Vega

Postby Vincent Vega » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:14 pm

Ugh! My best friend, who goes to grad school in DC, was in town today, so I spent all afternoon with him. I don't have a status checker yet, so I don't know if I got a decision, and it's too late to call Mich admissions! I hope their office is open tomorrow!

Tea&Coffee

Postby Tea&Coffee » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:10 am

Hi guys--so the acceptance package was sent yesterday but to my out of state school address. I'm home for Thanksgiving and won't be going back to that address until Sunday. I just want to make sure I'm not missing the deadline or anything to withdraw from the rest of the schools. If someone could let me know when that is (or just tell me it's after Sunday) that would be great. Thanks so much!

bees

Postby bees » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:10 am

I can log into the admitted students section and under the Mail & Money section it says my Offer Package was sent yesterday.

For some reason I don't want to let myself get excited until I actually get something physically in the mail, or a phone call.

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:12 am

bees wrote:I can log into the admitted students section and under the Mail & Money section it says my Offer Package was sent yesterday.

For some reason I don't want to let myself get excited until I actually get something physically in the mail, or a phone call.

so exciting! I really really want to find out!

Aeon

Postby Aeon » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:28 am

Tea&Coffee wrote:Hi guys--so the acceptance package was sent yesterday but to my out of state school address. I'm home for Thanksgiving and won't be going back to that address until Sunday. I just want to make sure I'm not missing the deadline or anything to withdraw from the rest of the schools. If someone could let me know when that is (or just tell me it's after Sunday) that would be great. Thanks so much!

I'm pretty sure that you'll be fine. :) The seat deposit for ED isn't due until January, so I can't imagine that there's anything to worry about with regard to immediately withdrawing applications to other schools, certainly not within the next week. Plus, if you check the ED certification, it doesn't mention anything about a timeframe within which this needs to occur (unlike some other schools that mandate that it occur "immediately"), so I assume that as long as it gets done, Michigan doesn't have a problem with when specifically you withdraw other apps.

Congratulations! :D

bighead715

Postby bighead715 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:54 am

GUYS, ITS CONFIRMED, I LOGGED INTO THE MAILINGS AND IT WAS SENT OUT the 23rd

THIS IS A DREAM COME TRUE

good luck to the rest of you, DRINKING TIME

i cant believe i got in with a 164 - this should give hope to everyone with numbers like mine!

Vincent Vega

Postby Vincent Vega » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:34 am

I just called Mich admissions - no decision yet. I fear the worst....

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:46 am

Halibut6 wrote:I just called Mich admissions - no decision yet. I fear the worst....

+1

but a second round of acceptances were sent out last year in Dec, keep hope alive!

sckon

Postby sckon » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:54 am

I feel my lifeline with Michigan is fading fast...

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”