Michigan ED Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
snickersnicker

Re: Michigan ED Applicants

Postby snickersnicker » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:34 pm

Nope, my status still says "Complete." I started attempting to log into the admitted students site last week and have been checking it hourly along with all my status checker. It took a solid five seconds to load this morning (see: five second heart attack) and it let me in!

For what it's worth, I think I got the acceptance packet so soon after the decision because I go to school literally ten minutes down the road from UM.

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:45 pm

I'm so jealous right now :D

bighead715

Postby bighead715 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:48 pm

ok im freaking out

i got into the admitted students site ... am i going to be crushed by this being a mistake or what

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:54 pm

bighead715 wrote:ok im freaking out

i got into the admitted students site ... am i going to be crushed by this being a mistake or what

:shock:

rondemarino

Postby rondemarino » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:55 pm

Congrats everyone!!! I assume everyone who got in was at, or above, one of the medians (169, 3.70)?

snickersnicker

Postby snickersnicker » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:56 pm

Nah dude, you're going to be crushed by the unbearable awesomeness of going to UM law! Congrats!!!

bighead715

Postby bighead715 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:10 pm

i dont know what to do - ive been in the same spot for the last 15 minutes

mail not here...

is there any story of someone logging on n not getting accepted

164/3.98

crombot

Postby crombot » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:16 pm

This waiting is the worst feeling ever--

Do they send all ED decisions out at once or is this just the first wave? I'm too lazy to look on LSN.

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:17 pm

crombot wrote:This waiting is the worst feeling ever--

Do they send all ED decisions out at once or is this just the first wave? I'm too lazy to look on LSN.

they sent out more in early Dec last year! Fingers crossed!

Hopefullawstudent

Postby Hopefullawstudent » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:21 pm

Veritas wrote:
crombot wrote:This waiting is the worst feeling ever--

they sent out more in early Dec last year! Fingers crossed!

Veritas, what are your numbers if you don't mind me asking?

I'm nervous as heck now, as my status was updated to November 24th, Complete, but no Admitted Student Login... I'm so borderline it's not even funny: 168, 3.5.. but I have a tremendous upward swing in GPA in my last two years, which I hope counts for something. I didn't take easier classes either, I declared my major and ran with it/fell in love with what I was studying!

-HL

halfbrown

Postby halfbrown » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:24 pm

The status updates everyday. HL-im the same numbers as you, just as nervous!

crombot

Postby crombot » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:27 pm

halfbrown wrote:The status updates everyday. HL-im the same numbers as you, just as nervous!

Whew!!!! I was thinking too b/c my status update date was today, that it was somehow significant.

I am scaring my coworkers with my current level of neurosis.

z*z

Postby z*z » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:29 pm

Just got my packet! 3.84, 164. Going to buy some champagne

Hopefullawstudent

Postby Hopefullawstudent » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:30 pm

halfbrown wrote:The status updates everyday. HL-im the same numbers as you, just as nervous!

Good luck to you!

You know, I spend so much of my time lamenting my UG performance, wishing I had had a better first two years (I had serious mitigating factors in those years), but I have to remind myself that my GPA came out the way it did and there's nothing I can do about it. If I don't get into my dream school, then I'm going to make the best of things no matter what!

Note: Also should have written that Why Michigan essay....

-HL

tumbleweed664

Postby tumbleweed664 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:31 pm

!!!

I can log into the admitted student site, but my status checker still says complete and I haven't gotten any mail or e-mail.

173/3.01

edit: good luck to everyone else. i love michigan, but given how strange their system is (it took me weeks to get the status checker, and i may be hearing i got in from the admitted site anyway?), i wouldn't start freaking out until i get a letter one way or another. i'm definitely not buying a t-shirt until i hear for sure.

crombot

Postby crombot » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:35 pm

tumbleweed664 wrote:!!!

I can log into the admitted student site, but my status checker still says complete and I haven't gotten any mail or e-mail.

173/3.01

edit: good luck to everyone else. i love michigan, but given how strange their system is (it took me weeks to get the status checker, and i may be hearing i got in from the admitted site anyway?), i wouldn't start freaking out until i get a letter one way or another. i'm definitely not buying a t-shirt until i hear for sure.

Congrats! I can't, and now I'm starting to hate myself. kidding....kinda.

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:40 pm

crombot wrote:
tumbleweed664 wrote:!!!

173/3.01

Congrats! I can't, and now I'm starting to hate myself. kidding....kinda.

it's ok, I'm in the same boat :|<3

halfbrown

Postby halfbrown » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:46 pm

Hopefullawstudent wrote:

Good luck to you!

You know, I spend so much of my time lamenting my UG performance, wishing I had had a better first two years (I had serious mitigating factors in those years), but I have to remind myself that my GPA came out the way it did and there's nothing I can do about it. If I don't get into my dream school, then I'm going to make the best of things no matter what!

Note: Also should have written that Why Michigan essay....

-HL

Thanks and good luck to you too! What other schools did you apply to? Yea I feel the same way, I have 4.0 and 3.75 in my majors but pretty much all Bs in everything else. I tried to combat my gpa with 3 strong recommendations from my major professors but we'll see how that works out. I wrote a pretty passionate why michigan cuz pretty much everyone on my dads family went there and i practically grew up there, but unfortunately no lawyers. well hopefully we get good news soon!!!!

Aeon

Postby Aeon » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:34 pm

Congratulations to everyone who's been admitted so far, and best of luck to those who have yet to hear from Michigan! It appears that I too am able to log in to the Admitted Students' site, so I guess I'll be seeing you all in about half a year. :)

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:42 pm

Aeon wrote:Congratulations to everyone who's been admitted so far, and best of luck to those who have yet to hear from Michigan! It appears that I too am able to log in to the Admitted Students' site, so I guess I'll be seeing you all in about half a year. :)

congrats!

tumbleweed664

Postby tumbleweed664 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:55 pm

FYI, I called the admissions office and they said that getting on the admitted site does not necessarily mean you are admitted. Just a warning before people start buying real estate in Ann Arbor or whatever.

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:57 pm

tumbleweed664 wrote:FYI, I called the admissions office and they said that getting on the admitted site does not necessarily mean you are admitted. Just a warning before people start buying real estate in Ann Arbor or whatever.

they just say that....

JollyGreenGiant

Postby JollyGreenGiant » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:58 pm

Congrats everyone! Michigan is really a beautiful school. I would love to attend. I went RD so I'm gonna be waiting a little while. :(

jcgolf88

Postby jcgolf88 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:59 pm

I'm also still waiting on my status checker. Hopefully they'll send out another wave of those on Wednesday or Thursday.

JollyGreenGiant

Postby JollyGreenGiant » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:01 pm

jcgolf88 wrote:I'm also still waiting on my status checker. Hopefully they'll send out another wave of those on Wednesday or Thursday.

Someone called and they said they only send them out on Wednesdays.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”