Michigan ED Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Veritas

Gold

Re: Michigan ED Applicants

Post by Veritas » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:22 am

romothesavior wrote:Haha yeah I can tell! I got FWs to USC and UCLA, and I'm still thinking about using them. This ridiculously cold weather in my area is making me think twice about not having many warm weather schools.

I like BU quite a bit (probably because they are my lone acceptance so far :D ) I got the call from them last week and am expecting my letter from them in the mail, so if they offer a good scholly, I may end up there. But we shall see!
mmm Bu is great! I am kind of hoping but not really expecting any money from them (it would be awesome though)

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:23 am

Halibut6 wrote:
romothesavior wrote:I like BU quite a bit (probably because they are my lone acceptance so far :D ) I got the call from them last week and am expecting my letter from them in the mail, so if they offer a good scholly, I may end up there. But we shall see!
Same. BU and Emory are my next two choices, mostly because they tend to give out good scholarships to people with similar numbers.
+1 on both of those schools.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:27 am

Veritas wrote:
Halibut6 wrote:
romothesavior wrote:I like BU quite a bit (probably because they are my lone acceptance so far :D ) I got the call from them last week and am expecting my letter from them in the mail, so if they offer a good scholly, I may end up there. But we shall see!
Same. BU and Emory are my next two choices, mostly because they tend to give out good scholarships to people with similar numbers.
This is kind of what I'm thinking on WUSTL. The lady in admissions not-so-subtly hinted that I would be up for some good scholarship money there. Plus, it is pretty close to home and I love St. Louis (go Cardinals!)

I considered applying to Emory since my academic advisor/favorite professor (whom I practically worship) went there and speaks highly of it. Either of you visited Emory or have any insight on the school?

Vincent Vega

Silver

Post by Vincent Vega » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:31 am

romothesavior wrote:This is kind of what I'm thinking on WUSTL. The lady in admissions not-so-subtly hinted that I would be up for some good scholarship money there. Plus, it is pretty close to home and I love St. Louis (go Cardinals!)

I considered applying to Emory since my academic advisor/favorite professor (whom I practically worship) went there and speaks highly of it. Either of you visited Emory or have any insight on the school?
Yuck! Go Cubs Go!

And no I haven't visited Emory, but I have a lot of connections to the Atlanta area, and I would be happy living there for the rest of my life if it comes to that. I have only visited four law schools, and each time it was only because I was in town anyway. I decided I didn't want to travel around and get my hopes up for schools I might not get into (one of the schools I visited was Texas, which is the only school I have a rejection from so far. My GULC rejection could be coming any day now, too.). My travel budget will be much better suited to traveling to schools I have acceptances from.

rondemarino

Silver

Post by rondemarino » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:42 am

romothesavior wrote:
Veritas wrote:
Halibut6 wrote:
This is kind of what I'm thinking on WUSTL. The lady in admissions not-so-subtly hinted that I would be up for some good scholarship money there. Plus, it is pretty close to home and I love St. Louis (go Cardinals!)

You're almost guaranteed 75% off tuition (link).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Vincent Vega

Silver

Post by Vincent Vega » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:44 am

Very surprising so many people withdrew with such good scholarships. I'm hoping for $84k from Emory - about 2/3 people with my numbers got that.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:48 am

rondemarino wrote: You're almost guaranteed 75% off tuition (link).
Yeah, I'm crossing my fingers! It would be very hard for me to turn down that kind of money at WUSTL for any other school on my list. I just love STL and I feel like even ITE, a law degree from WUSTL is still pretty good in the midwest. Especially if I can go there and not rack up too much debt.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:48 am

But still... hail to the victors! COME ON MICHIGAN!

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:53 am

romothesavior wrote:But still... hail to the victors! COME ON MICHIGAN!
that's right! Don't get too off track just yet!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:56 am

night guys, see you in the AM <3

Emma.

Gold

Post by Emma. » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:59 am

Veritas wrote:night guys, see you in the AM <3
I haven't read back... Any idea when you guys will hear tomorrow??

I just want to wish everyone the best of luck.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:02 am

emrose wrote:
Veritas wrote:night guys, see you in the AM <3
I haven't read back... Any idea when you guys will hear tomorrow??

I just want to wish everyone the best of luck.
The word is 6 am EST. But I'm not sure where that information came from, so don't quote me. But I'll definitely be checking then!

APimpNamedSlickback

Silver

Post by APimpNamedSlickback » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:07 am

you guys know when the status checkers actually update for the day? certainly it isn't midnight central time

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Vincent Vega

Silver

Post by Vincent Vega » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:22 am

It generally updates every day before I wake up. That's all that really matters to me.

uofmsbiggestfan

New

Post by uofmsbiggestfan » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:33 am

So my status checker date updated, but it still just says complete. Didn't Dean Z say they only update the system once a day? Ugh to uncertainty!

sckon

Silver

Post by sckon » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:06 am

Nothing Changed, just the stupid date. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

DELETED

/sorry if too graphic

sckon

Silver

Post by sckon » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:35 am

.....rd people are getting decisions

Do you guys have red text or blue text. Looking back at the thread, now im getting confused on whats the norm

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

uofmsbiggestfan

New

Post by uofmsbiggestfan » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:00 am

Mine has always been blue.

John J. Rambo, Esq.

Bronze

Post by John J. Rambo, Esq. » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:12 am

My status updated today 12/15 to complete. We know a decision must have been made by now so the website is not reflecting my true status. I can't log into the admitted students' site so I must not be admitted. My decision = no decision, right?

Too early to tell?

????!

sckon

Silver

Post by sckon » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:13 am

John J. Rambo, Esq. wrote:My status updated today 12/15 to complete. We know a decision must have been made by now so the website is not reflecting my true status. I can't log into the admitted students' site so I must not be admitted. My decision = no decision, right?

Too early to tell?

????!

same here. i got the same impression. Off to Notre Dame for me

bowie8285

Bronze

Post by bowie8285 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:30 am

Last edited by bowie8285 on Mon May 10, 2010 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

uofmsbiggestfan

New

Post by uofmsbiggestfan » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:33 am

I called the Admissions Office. They must make a decision by today, but when we actually get that decision who knows? She said the status checker may take a few days to update and expect about 7 to 10 days for a mailed decision when the checker changes.

bowie8285

Bronze

Post by bowie8285 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:38 am

Last edited by bowie8285 on Mon May 10, 2010 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sckon

Silver

Post by sckon » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:41 am

bowie8285 wrote:
uofmsbiggestfan wrote:I called the Admissions Office. They must make a decision by today, but when we actually get that decision who knows? She said the status checker may take a few days to update and expect about 7 to 10 days for a mailed decision when the checker changes.

what the hell???? that is lame! lol what is this random loophole

I have no been a fan of this whole process. I was expecting a decision sooner rather than later but making us wait more is not really cool.

Vincent Vega

Silver

Post by Vincent Vega » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:59 am

Absolutely absurd. I've always heard such praise of the Mich admissions office. I have not had a positive experience.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”