Catholic U 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
LKing

New

Re: Catholic U 2010

Post by LKing » Fri May 14, 2010 2:28 pm

Just deposited! :D

NYVA311

Bronze

Post by NYVA311 » Fri May 14, 2010 6:09 pm

How are people just depositing when the deadline was April 15th?

LKing

New

Post by LKing » Fri May 14, 2010 6:14 pm

I was accepted after April 15th (I think it was the last week of April)

Its on Seabass

New

Post by Its on Seabass » Fri May 14, 2010 8:30 pm

Yea my deadline was today.

elaw86

New

Post by elaw86 » Sat May 15, 2010 12:03 am

I was accepted Feb. 4th, first deposit was due April 9th and just paid final deposit several days ago. (was due May 14)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

NYVA311

Bronze

Post by NYVA311 » Sun May 16, 2010 12:09 am

Ah okay. So you've already paid both seat deposits? Interesting the final one was due already.

rockstar4488

Bronze

Post by rockstar4488 » Sun May 16, 2010 10:58 am

The date is different depending on when you were accepted. I will be withdrawing(PT) with $$. Hope one of you WL'ers get the cash and the spot!

Agent Bartowski

New

Post by Agent Bartowski » Sun May 16, 2010 11:23 am

Put in my final seat deposit last week. I am Catholic bound!

Congrats to my classmates- I think we made the right choice.

ahk!

New

Post by ahk! » Sun May 16, 2010 4:00 pm

Agent Bartowski wrote:Put in my final seat deposit last week. I am Catholic bound!

Congrats back! I too made the second deposit. Any ideas about neighborhoods to live in or are you already local? I don't anticipate having a car so I am going to try to find something near a metro stop that I'd feel safe walking to and from should I end up coming home late from the library or something. Does that even exist in DC?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

LKing

New

Post by LKing » Mon May 17, 2010 12:02 pm

ahk! wrote:
Agent Bartowski wrote:Put in my final seat deposit last week. I am Catholic bound!

Congrats back! I too made the second deposit. Any ideas about neighborhoods to live in or are you already local? I don't anticipate having a car so I am going to try to find something near a metro stop that I'd feel safe walking to and from should I end up coming home late from the library or something. Does that even exist in DC?
I would find a place near a redline metro stop because, it's true, the neighborhood surrounding Catholic isn't the best. I moved to D.C. in December and live in Foggy Bottom (GW Campus, basically) and now I wish I was closer to the redline. Transferring lines isn't that big of a deal, but it will mean a slightly longer commute.

PM me if you have more questions about DC!

Lauren

ahk!

New

Post by ahk! » Mon May 17, 2010 1:14 pm

LKing wrote:
ahk! wrote:

I would find a place near a redline metro stop because, it's true, the neighborhood surrounding Catholic isn't the best. I moved to D.C. in December and live in Foggy Bottom (GW Campus, basically) and now I wish I was closer to the redline. Transferring lines isn't that big of a deal, but it will mean a slightly longer commute.

PM me if you have more questions about DC!

Lauren
Thanks for the insight. I was pretty impressed with the metro when I visited a few months ago. Do you wish you were closer to the red line because you don't have a car and the walk to the stop is inconvenient?

LKing

New

Post by LKing » Mon May 17, 2010 1:33 pm

Sort of. I don't have a car, but I'm a few blocks from the blue/orange line (the line that takes me to my job on McPherson Square). I will have to transfer from the Blue/orange to the red at metro center everyday. This isn't that big of a deal and doesn't require extra walking... but it means I'll have to wait for another train (which translates to a longer commute).

Scarletlady

New

Post by Scarletlady » Tue May 18, 2010 9:58 am

ahk! wrote:

I've lived on the Hill for almost 3 years and love it. Its pretty residential with a nice mix of parks, restaurants, bars and shopping (great farmer's market). I am looking to move closer to Union Station this summer to cut back on my commute, thank goodness for my roomies for being okay with this. Most house shares on the Hill run from about $750-1000. You can sometimes find an English basement for around $1200 plus utilities if you would rather live alone.

If you don't mind living further out from the city center, Silver Spring is a good choice. If you prefer the city I would suggest looking in the Woodley Park/Cleveland Park areas. They are only a few stops from DuPont but noticeably less expensive.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ahk!

New

Post by ahk! » Tue May 18, 2010 5:47 pm

Scarletlady wrote:
ahk! wrote:

I've lived on the Hill for almost 3 years and love it. Its pretty residential with a nice mix of parks, restaurants, bars and shopping (great farmer's market). I am looking to move closer to Union Station this summer to cut back on my commute, thank goodness for my roomies for being okay with this. Most house shares on the Hill run from about $750-1000. You can sometimes find an English basement for around $1200 plus utilities if you would rather live alone.

If you don't mind living further out from the city center, Silver Spring is a good choice. If you prefer the city I would suggest looking in the Woodley Park/Cleveland Park areas. They are only a few stops from DuPont but noticeably less expensive.
That amount sounds pretty reasonable for its location on the Hill. Thanks for this info.

Its on Seabass

New

Post by Its on Seabass » Wed May 19, 2010 12:00 am

Scarletlady wrote:
ahk! wrote:

Do you think living in the dupont circle area is a reasonable commute by metro to catholic?

howardsbest

New

Post by howardsbest » Wed May 19, 2010 9:22 am

Its on Seabass wrote:
Scarletlady wrote:
ahk! wrote:

Do you think living in the dupont circle area is a reasonable commute by metro to catholic?
I live in the DC area for about 6 years now. Living anywhere in or near DC where the metro is accessible is a viable option for housing.

howardsbest

New

Post by howardsbest » Wed May 26, 2010 11:42 am

Wait list update: I asked the admissions office today how many people were on the part time wait list and they said 100-150 people. I may be wrong but, I feel that is a rather large number.

On the FAQ paper for wait listed applicants it says that anywhere from 10-over 50 applicants have been accepted over the years.

Lets hope that it is the on the over 50 side for this cycle. Good luck everyone.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Danger

New

Post by Danger » Wed May 26, 2010 11:55 am

howardsbest wrote:Wait list update: I asked the admissions office today how many people were on the part time wait list and they said 100-150 people. I may be wrong but, I feel that is a rather large number.

On the FAQ paper for wait listed applicants it says that anywhere from 10-over 50 applicants have been accepted over the years.

Lets hope that it is the on the over 50 side for this cycle. Good luck everyone.
Do you know when they start notifying people on the WL?

ejhl2007

New

Post by ejhl2007 » Wed May 26, 2010 12:41 pm

i have my first seat deposit of $600 due on 5/28..
is that because i was accepted so late?
is there a second desposit?

SpencerPratt

Bronze

Post by SpencerPratt » Wed May 26, 2010 4:03 pm

I was WL a while back and was just sent an email at 3:30 asking if I'd like to stay on the WL. Seeing as the deadline to respond was noon on Wednesday the 26th (3 1/2 hours before I received the email), I'm withdrawing :D . GL everyone.

pjl35

New

Post by pjl35 » Thu May 27, 2010 3:45 pm

ejhl2007 wrote:i have my first seat deposit of $600 due on 5/28..
is that because i was accepted so late?
is there a second desposit?

i'm guessing it was because you were accepted later than others. both of my deposits totaled $600, so i think you'll only have to pay the one deposit ;)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

CaptainCrunch

New

Post by CaptainCrunch » Mon May 31, 2010 8:39 pm

My deadline for the seat deposit was also 5/28... I was pretty late in sending out my apps.

Scored a decent scholarship: $12,500 per year contingent on remaining in top 25% of the class. Still, CUA's tuition is by no means cheap.

Waitlisted at Villanova in the meantime, I'm not really holding my breath but it would be nice. And waiting to hear from McGeorge.

My numbers for those interested: (2.7 GPA)|(163 LSAT).

howardsbest

New

Post by howardsbest » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Has anyone heard about any wait list movement recently? I expect that seat deposits are due pretty soon.

NYVA311

Bronze

Post by NYVA311 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:32 pm

Also waiting to hear about WL movement -- from what I understand, both deposit deadlines passed and they spent May re-evaluating WL candidates. I would assume they'll start accepting people next week if there's any room. I'm not sure why they would wait any longer unless I was wrong about the seat deposit deadlines.

howardsbest

New

Post by howardsbest » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:33 am

NYVA311 wrote:Also waiting to hear about WL movement -- from what I understand, both deposit deadlines passed and they spent May re-evaluating WL candidates. I would assume they'll start accepting people next week if there's any room. I'm not sure why they would wait any longer unless I was wrong about the seat deposit deadlines.

That could be somewhat true. However, seat deposits also depend on when you were accepted. If you were accepted toward the end of the cycle then your deadline could be a little later.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”