Catholic U 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
mmatguy

New

Re: Catholic U 2010

Post by mmatguy » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:35 pm

dczag wrote:
roofles wrote:Any other PT applicants still not complete? I applied on 2/22, got a status checker e-mail on 2/23, and have received nothing since. The status checker only shows the application received e-mail and I've not gotten an application complete e-mail or change to the status checker.

It took them almost six weeks to change my status to complete. I received the status checker on 02/02 and didn't go to complete until 03/12. The email they sent once I went complete stated it could be another six weeks after that before I hear a decision.
same....went to their office and spoke with someone there about it and said almost verbatim what my email said

smartin

Bronze

Post by smartin » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:59 pm

Accepted via e-mail this afternoon. Applied at the end of February, went complete last week, numbers in profile.

Does scholarship info come in the admissions packet?

KatieKat85

New

Post by KatieKat85 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:03 pm

My scholarship offer came in a separate email within minutes of my acceptance email. I can't say whether that is always the case, but that's how I received mine.

Scarletlady

New

Post by Scarletlady » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:24 pm

smartin wrote:Accepted via e-mail this afternoon. Applied at the end of February, went complete last week, numbers in profile.

Does scholarship info come in the admissions packet?
I was sent an acceptance email and then recieved a mail packet with scholarship info a day or two later.

ace_n_the_hole

New

Post by ace_n_the_hole » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:11 pm

Hey guys I've been creeping in the shadows for a while now and figured I should just create an account. My online status checker changed to decision mailed on 3/25 but I have yet to receive an email or a letter about my decision. I know most people indicated that they received an email for an acceptance but I also saw a few people received theirs in the mail. I only live about 30 minutes from DC and was wondering how long it took for people to get their decisions through the mail.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ace_n_the_hole

New

Post by ace_n_the_hole » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:45 pm

Dinged at Catholic

Agent Bartowski

New

Post by Agent Bartowski » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:13 pm

So did anyone decide to attend after the scholarship interviews?
Does anyone know the max amount of money they award?

Anyone been able to get rid of/modify the 25% requirement.

Im struggling between here and American, so... You all like catholic, right?

Nantucket2009

New

Post by Nantucket2009 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:06 pm

Agent Bartowski wrote:So did anyone decide to attend after the scholarship interviews?

I know the feeling!! I decided to withdraw from Maryland/American to stay in DC and go to Catholic - mostly because of their communications program so I may be biased...

Scarletlady

New

Post by Scarletlady » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:46 am

Nantucket2009 wrote:
Agent Bartowski wrote:So did anyone decide to attend after the scholarship interviews?

I know the feeling!! I decided to withdraw from Maryland/American to stay in DC and go to Catholic - mostly because of their communications program so I may be biased...
Same boat. Sent my first seat deposit in yesterday. :D

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

carolinamoonie88

New

Post by carolinamoonie88 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:02 pm

I'm in it for the communications program too =0) and I am STILL WAITING. Sent my app in on Jan 5. ugh.

oberlin08

Bronze

Post by oberlin08 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:22 pm

Riding out the WL for PT.. Who is with me?

Agent Bartowski

New

Post by Agent Bartowski » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:41 pm

I'm totally on board now. Thanks to everyone who helped me make my decision.

See you all this fall.

dczag

New

Post by dczag » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:53 am

oberlin08 wrote:Riding out the WL for PT.. Who is with me?

Right there with you... I found out last week. I should have all new recommendation letters, LOCI, etc. to them by the end of the week.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

cruzgator

New

Post by cruzgator » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:34 pm

Also riding out the PT WL. I sent in my loci yesterday.

futurecda

New

Post by futurecda » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:20 pm

Does anyones status checker indicate decision rendered 4/20/2010? Mine does after sending in my application in February and becoming complete in late march. I really want to know what are my chances considering it's late in the process and I did not receive an acceptance email. Also do the acceptance letters come in a big or small envelope?

ManUdevil

New

Post by ManUdevil » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:20 pm

futurecda wrote:Does anyones status checker indicate decision rendered 4/20/2010? Mine does after sending in my application in February and becoming complete in late march. I really want to know what are my chances considering it's late in the process and I did not receive an acceptance email. Also do the acceptance letters come in a big or small envelope?
I got the exact same thing and my timeline mirrors yours almost exactly. Not to be a downer, but I don't think it bodes well for us. I say this because the three schools I have been denied from have done a similar thing (saying decision is in the mail). All of the schools I was accepted to either posted it on status checker right away or I received an email before status checker was updated.

I hope I'm wrong...Good luck to you!

anandamide

New

Post by anandamide » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:32 pm

i was gonna ask the same thing. i have a bad feeling. :(

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

futurecda

New

Post by futurecda » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:55 pm

I'm hoping for the best however I know my numbers are below the 25/75 percentiles for LSAT and gpa however I have great lors and personal statement.

elaw86

New

Post by elaw86 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:57 pm

Was accepted in February. I never got an email. Large envelope, snail mail, 2 days after DR, and I live in DC area. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

ahk!

New

Post by ahk! » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:03 pm

ManUdevil wrote:
futurecda wrote:Does anyones status checker indicate decision rendered 4/20/2010? Mine does after sending in my application in February and becoming complete in late march. I really want to know what are my chances considering it's late in the process and I did not receive an acceptance email. Also do the acceptance letters come in a big or small envelope?
I got the exact same thing and my timeline mirrors yours almost exactly. Not to be a downer, but I don't think it bodes well for us. I say this because the three schools I have been denied from have done a similar thing (saying decision is in the mail). All of the schools I was accepted to either posted it on status checker right away or I received an email before status checker was updated.

FWIW, my status changed to decision rendered and I didn't receive any emails. I received my (large) acceptance envelope in the mail four days later. Good luck guys.

futurecda

New

Post by futurecda » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:54 am

ahk! wrote:
ManUdevil wrote:

FWIW, my status changed to decision rendered and I didn't receive any emails. I received my (large) acceptance envelope in the mail four days later. Good luck guys.

For those that didn't receive an email but were accepted, do you mind sharing your numbers

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

anandamide

New

Post by anandamide » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:21 pm

futurecda wrote:
ahk! wrote:
ManUdevil wrote:

For those that didn't receive an email but were accepted, do you mind sharing your numbers
i am rooting for us, future!!!!! =)

mmatguy

New

Post by mmatguy » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:25 pm

From my experience with other schools, it seems the dings come in batches, but I am not sure about the acceptances, and if they are just as it comes or in batches as well? Seeing as this thread was somewhat quiet for awhile and now it's picked up because people are got the 4/20 decision mailed (as did I), is that ominous? I live in DC and didn't get it in the mail today. I am seriously hoping I follow suit as the previous posters with no email but acceptance, fingers crossed!

anandamide

New

Post by anandamide » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:28 pm

mmatguy wrote:From my experience with other schools, it seems the dings come in batches, but I am not sure about the acceptances, and if they are just as it comes or in batches as well? Seeing as this thread was somewhat quiet for awhile and now it's picked up because people are got the 4/20 decision mailed (as did I), is that ominous? I live in DC and didn't get it in the mail today. I am seriously hoping I follow suit as the previous posters with no email but acceptance, fingers crossed!
From what I have heard, it seems to be a crapshoot. Keeping my fingers crossed. This is my first choice.....

futurecda

New

Post by futurecda » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:58 pm

I am hoping to be at the least waitlisted but I am starting to believe that at this late in the process they can only be rejections. I am keeping my fingers crossed as well.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”