Catholic U 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ahk!

New

Re: Catholic U 2010

Post by ahk! » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:10 pm

has anyone admitted w/$ been able to setup a scholarship interview yet?

mailmanstalker

New

Post by mailmanstalker » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:00 pm

complete 3/3 anyone know how long to get decison? I am planning a trip to area soon...

Scarletlady

New

Post by Scarletlady » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:51 pm

ahk! wrote:has anyone admitted w/$ been able to setup a scholarship interview yet?
I am in the same boat. I responded within an hour of receiving the email. I work full-time and hope they schedule something soon so I can work around it.

ahk!

New

Post by ahk! » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:58 pm

Scarletlady wrote:
ahk! wrote:has anyone admitted w/$ been able to setup a scholarship interview yet?
I am in the same boat. I responded within an hour of receiving the email. I work full-time and hope they schedule something soon so I can work around it.
Yeah same here but no response yet. I would just like to hear something back so I can schedule flights.

revrocksteady

New

Post by revrocksteady » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:16 pm

I was admitted with a small scholarship- Went complete 1/11, decision 2/15. My decision came as an email and didn't mention anything about a scholarship - My welcome packet in the mail had the scholarship letter.

I'm REALLY torn about schools in different cities.

Anyone in this thread going to the Admitted Students Reception on Tuesday in downtown (DC)?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

idreamoflawschool09

New

Post by idreamoflawschool09 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:12 pm

I have a scholarship interview this week...anyone know how this goes- what do i need to bring? what will they ask, etc...

Scarletlady

New

Post by Scarletlady » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:34 pm

revrocksteady wrote:I was admitted with a small scholarship- Went complete 1/11, decision 2/15. My decision came as an email and didn't mention anything about a scholarship - My welcome packet in the mail had the scholarship letter.

I'm REALLY torn about schools in different cities.

Anyone in this thread going to the Admitted Students Reception on Tuesday in downtown (DC)?
I'll be at the Admitted Students Reception tomorrow and the Admitted Students Day next week. I figure the more exposure to the school the more comfortable I will be.

Scarletlady

New

Post by Scarletlady » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:37 pm

idreamoflawschool09 wrote:I have a scholarship interview this week...anyone know how this goes- what do i need to bring? what will they ask, etc...
I have an interview this week as well. I am not certain about the questions they will ask, but I am preparing for the "Why CUA?" I also would say its probably in your best interest to bring at least one copy of your completed application from LSAC, as well as, a copy of your resume and other pertinent documents just in case.

Weird side question, but what are you wearing? I don't own a suit and I am secretly hoping that I am not the only one in this scenario.

oberlin08

Bronze

Post by oberlin08 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:09 pm

When do they start going to their WL?

I am on the PT Waitlist...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

idreamoflawschool09

New

Post by idreamoflawschool09 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:18 am

Scarletlady wrote:
idreamoflawschool09 wrote:I have a scholarship interview this week...anyone know how this goes- what do i need to bring? what will they ask, etc...
I have an interview this week as well. I am not certain about the questions they will ask, but I am preparing for the "Why CUA?" I also would say its probably in your best interest to bring at least one copy of your completed application from LSAC, as well as, a copy of your resume and other pertinent documents just in case.

Weird side question, but what are you wearing? I don't own a suit and I am secretly hoping that I am not the only one in this scenario.
Thanks for the advice on what to bring. I have a suit ( which i hate)....what were you thinking about wearing? I mean I'm sure dress pants and a conservative top with heels would be acceptable..

Scarletlady

New

Post by Scarletlady » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:48 am

idreamoflawschool09 wrote:
Thanks for the advice on what to bring. I have a suit ( which i hate)....what were you thinking about wearing? I mean I'm sure dress pants and a conservative top with heels would be acceptable..
Conservative work dress and heels. I bucked up and bought a new outfit in hopes that if the interview goes well, it will translate into more money. Will you be attending the scholarship reception next week as well?

sk08

New

Post by sk08 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:30 pm

How long did it take for Mr. Cruz to respond with your scheduled interview date/time? I emailed him six days ago and my preferences were all for dates next week. Since I work full-time I would like to know ASAP when I need to be there....

idreamoflawschool09

New

Post by idreamoflawschool09 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:12 pm

sk08 wrote:How long did it take for Mr. Cruz to respond with your scheduled interview date/time? I emailed him six days ago and my preferences were all for dates next week. Since I work full-time I would like to know ASAP when I need to be there....

actually not until 3/12 and he wrote back yesterday 3/15. I was really surprised how quickly because I saw on here that a lot of people had not heard back last week..

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

revrocksteady

New

Post by revrocksteady » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:35 pm

has anyone tried to negotiate their merit aid with Catholic? I know it is late/close to deposits, but was curious.

idreamoflawschool09

New

Post by idreamoflawschool09 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:12 pm

Scarletlady wrote:
idreamoflawschool09 wrote:
Conservative work dress and heels. I bucked up and bought a new outfit in hopes that if the interview goes well, it will translate into more money. Will you be attending the scholarship reception next week as well?
I'm not sure..I'll have to check. I have friends coming in this week and next...and unfortunately a lot of the admitted student stuff next weekend I wont be able to attend because of my visitors. I feel like since I live around here I definitely should go though haha..I take it you are?

pjl35

New

Post by pjl35 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:13 pm

revrocksteady wrote:has anyone tried to negotiate their merit aid with Catholic? I know it is late/close to deposits, but was curious.
well if you've been awarded a merit scholarship they contact you for an optional scholarship interview, at which point they may decide to give you more. i don't think they'd negotiate until after an interview (at least).

revrocksteady

New

Post by revrocksteady » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:06 pm

pjl35 wrote:
revrocksteady wrote:has anyone tried to negotiate their merit aid with Catholic? I know it is late/close to deposits, but was curious.
well if you've been awarded a merit scholarship they contact you for an optional scholarship interview, at which point they may decide to give you more. i don't think they'd negotiate until after an interview (at least).
I decided to contact them and was told that I will be receiving information later this week about scheduling an interview :)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

sk08

New

Post by sk08 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:50 am

Any advice on what to expect for my interview tomorrow? It is only supposed to be 20 minutes, so I'm anticipating it being pretty straight forward (why catholic, etc.)

pjl35

New

Post by pjl35 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:38 pm

sk08 wrote:Any advice on what to expect for my interview tomorrow? It is only supposed to be 20 minutes, so I'm anticipating it being pretty straight forward (why catholic, etc.)
+1 to that. I've got my interview on Friday and would love it if anyone who already had one had any insight. I'm also assuming it will be straightforward. My only problem is I'm not entirely sure what I'll say if I get the "Why Catholic" question.

Scarletlady

New

Post by Scarletlady » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:24 pm

pjl35 wrote:
sk08 wrote:Any advice on what to expect for my interview tomorrow? It is only supposed to be 20 minutes, so I'm anticipating it being pretty straight forward (why catholic, etc.)
+1 to that. I've got my interview on Friday and would love it if anyone who already had one had any insight. I'm also assuming it will be straightforward. My only problem is I'm not entirely sure what I'll say if I get the "Why Catholic" question.
Had mine last week the "Why Catholic?" and "Why law school?" are the two key questions. Overall, I found the process relatively informal, more like a conversation. I would love to give you guys better tips, but those questions tend to have a really personal element to them that you have to be able to answer.

They ended my interview with, "Do you have any questions?" So I would suggest having a couple questions to ask about the school/program.

sk08

New

Post by sk08 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:52 pm

Scarletlady wrote:
pjl35 wrote:
Had mine last week the "Why Catholic?" and "Why law school?" are the two key questions. Overall, I found the process relatively informal, more like a conversation. I would love to give you guys better tips, but those questions tend to have a really personal element to them that you have to be able to answer.

They ended my interview with, "Do you have any questions?" So I would suggest having a couple questions to ask about the school/program.

Thanks for the insight! Also, did they ask for anything? I'm assuming they will have our resumes/application on hand...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

roofles

New

Post by roofles » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:55 pm

Any other PT applicants still not complete? I applied on 2/22, got a status checker e-mail on 2/23, and have received nothing since. The status checker only shows the application received e-mail and I've not gotten an application complete e-mail or change to the status checker.

mailmanstalker

New

Post by mailmanstalker » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:07 am

Those of you going in for a scholarship interview...how much were you orginally offered?

QueueToo

New

Post by QueueToo » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:33 am

mailmanstalker wrote:Those of you going in for a scholarship interview...how much were you orginally offered?
I was offered $20,000/year.

dczag

New

Post by dczag » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:55 am

roofles wrote:Any other PT applicants still not complete? I applied on 2/22, got a status checker e-mail on 2/23, and have received nothing since. The status checker only shows the application received e-mail and I've not gotten an application complete e-mail or change to the status checker.

It took them almost six weeks to change my status to complete. I received the status checker on 02/02 and didn't go to complete until 03/12. The email they sent once I went complete stated it could be another six weeks after that before I hear a decision.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”