Loyola LA - Has anyone heard back?

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Fletch

Re: Loyola LA - Has anyone heard back?

Postby Fletch » Mon May 24, 2010 2:32 pm

Decision rendered today.
Now the real worrying starts.

cubedweller

Postby cubedweller » Mon May 24, 2010 2:35 pm

Fletch wrote:Decision rendered today.

Good luck... I went DR on 5/17 and still haven't received anything in the mail and I only live 15 miles away.. :/

Fletch

Postby Fletch » Mon May 24, 2010 3:16 pm

cubedweller wrote:

Good luck... I went DR on 5/17 and still haven't received anything in the mail and I only live 15 miles away.. :/

Thanks, best of luck to you as well. I'm about 45 miles away- I would expect yours today or tomorrow...unless they are batching decisions together.

cubedweller

Postby cubedweller » Mon May 24, 2010 3:26 pm

Fletch wrote:
cubedweller wrote:

Thanks, best of luck to you as well. I'm about 45 miles away- I would expect yours today or tomorrow...unless they are batching decisions together.

Thanks. Did you ever have that interview?

Fletch

Postby Fletch » Mon May 24, 2010 3:32 pm

cubedweller wrote:
Fletch wrote:
cubedweller wrote:

Thanks. Did you ever have that interview?

I did and it went pretty well. Real casual interview. The man I met with was just to trying gauge the kind of person I am- questions were mostly based on undergraduate related topics, aspirations, etc. Probably was about 15 minutes long and I asked a few questions at the end also. The only bummer was that he told me that Loyola's full time division is pretty much filled up.

cubedweller

Postby cubedweller » Tue May 25, 2010 9:56 pm

Received a WL via snail-mail today... better than the expected rejection though :)

dspit

Postby dspit » Wed May 26, 2010 1:38 am

wl. snail mail

rocketstothemoon

Postby rocketstothemoon » Wed May 26, 2010 2:00 pm

i also received a waitlist in the mail yesterday. keeping my fingers crossed.

Jchouu

Postby Jchouu » Thu May 27, 2010 3:18 am

i'm on the god damn waitlist

CAHopeful

Postby CAHopeful » Fri May 28, 2010 1:46 pm

Does anyone know if they've started pulling people from the waitlist yet? I would guess the majority of movement will be in June and July, but it's difficult to gauge.

lawandorderfan

Postby lawandorderfan » Sat May 29, 2010 3:51 pm

OK, for all of you who have been wondering, here’s the scoop on application notifications from Loyola:
1. Application complete in early December. Received only communication from the school during my entire wait in early December noting application complete and providing ID #.
2. School has "rolling admissions" (supposedly making decisions along the way based on date submitted).
3. The first seat deposit for those accepted was due on April 30 and I received notice through the status checker on May 17 that a decision had been reached and that a decision letter was sent and "should reach you within seven business days of the above date." A helpful addendum provided that if seven business days have passed with no letter then you could contact them and they would MAIL another.
4. My waitlisted letter arrived by mail on May 27; date on the letter was May 20, 2010 and the postmark was May 24. I found it quite interesting that it took three days from the decision being reached until the form letter was prepared and another four days to get it out the door to the post office. It only took the letter 3 days to get from the west coast to the east coast. But I sat and waited for it for 10 days, 2 business days longer than the 8 they had allowed.
I will be requesting to be taken off the wait list, so I truly hope it makes a difference to someone out there in TLS land. Reading all your comments, you seem like a very nice group of people who deserve to hear immediately through status checker.

nonamebreakdown

Postby nonamebreakdown » Sat May 29, 2010 6:08 pm

Waitlisted. Letter was sent 5/24 after going DR on 5/17. Just got it today because I was out of town. Already was making plans to attend Davis so I will be withdrawing. Good luck everyone!

S de Garmeaux

Postby S de Garmeaux » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:36 pm

so i just filled out Loyola's Financial Aid app on their website. Anyone know the next step to securing student loans? Did this app and FAFSA back in march/feb... kinda lost otherwise.

Thanks

CmonSD

Postby CmonSD » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:03 pm

Received the waitlist confirmation form a couple of days ago. Maybe they will start pulling people soon? Is anyone still holding out??

ahk!

Postby ahk! » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:28 pm

CmonSD wrote:Received the waitlist confirmation form a couple of days ago. Maybe they will start pulling people soon? Is anyone still holding out??

Same here. I wonder if it has anything to do at all with whether they are about to pull people or not - you think? I thought the second deposit was due a few weeks back. If they were to start pulling, it would've started already no? I don't know how they proceed after the deposit deadlines and at what rate, so I could be totally wrong...

filmbuff

Postby filmbuff » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:01 pm

I don't think the letter/continued wait list form of a few days ago is predictive of anything, in fact it mentions this very fact. It's just a way to clear out the people who have moved on, so that if there is a need to go to the wait list this year, they have a greatly reduced number of applicants to regard. The letter states anyone not replying to the update form will be removed from the waitlist and have their filed destroyed after July 9th!! I am still waiting and hoping!

JolieSaraLee

Postby JolieSaraLee » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:22 pm

I will be withdrawing with 51k (over three years). Loyola's a great school, but I am putting off law school for a while. Good luck everyone.

JolieSaraLee

Postby JolieSaraLee » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:24 pm

Oh and for reference, the 2nd deposit partial refund deadline is July 1st so i'm sure you will see movement after that.

CmonSD

Postby CmonSD » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:24 pm

Released from the waitlist on Saturday via snail mail.

mikeddaqb

Postby mikeddaqb » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:48 am

What do LSAT score do you need to get a full ride to Loyola with a 3.6 GPA.

jarofsoup

Postby jarofsoup » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:41 pm

Does Loyola place in NORCAL at all?

lalalawya

Postby lalalawya » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:05 pm

Sooo, has anyone sent in their applications? If so, were you RD or ED?

JOThompson

Postby JOThompson » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:20 pm

mikeddaqb wrote:What do LSAT score do you need to get a full ride to Loyola with a 3.6 GPA.

There should be info about that on lawschoolnumbers.com. Beware of stipulations on scholarships though.

adonai

Postby adonai » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:36 pm

lalalawya wrote:Sooo, has anyone sent in their applications? If so, were you RD or ED?

Sent ED. Didn't receive any type of correspondence from them though. Looking at this thread it seems they don't start sending any sort of confirmation until November.

JOThompson

Postby JOThompson » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:38 pm

adonai wrote:
lalalawya wrote:Sooo, has anyone sent in their applications? If so, were you RD or ED?

Sent ED. Didn't receive any type of correspondence from them though. Looking at this thread it seems they don't start sending any sort of confirmation until November.

Communication was very slow last semester, at least in my experience. I applied the first week that apps were accepted and didn't receive any updates until I was rejected next year.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”