Loyola LA - Has anyone heard back?

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
kdechol

Re: Loyola LA - Has anyone heard back?

Postby kdechol » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:36 am

I'll be withdrawing this week...22k/year up for grabs.

good luck folks!

savesthedayajb

Postby savesthedayajb » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:10 pm

For those of you withdrawing, where to you plan on attending and why did you pick them over Loyola?

CmonSD

Postby CmonSD » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:12 pm

Any movement on the waitlist??

Foosters Galore

Postby Foosters Galore » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:14 pm

CmonSD wrote:Any movement on the waitlist??

Well I would hope they would make decisions on all the apps before they go rooting through the WL. Ive been complete since 1/28 with no word from them.

kdechol

Postby kdechol » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:17 pm

savesthedayajb wrote:For those of you withdrawing, where to you plan on attending and why did you pick them over Loyola?

I really wanted to go to LA, but I got in to U of Illinois with a 20k scholarship. Even with the scholly from Loyola (22k), U of I is a cheaper option (I'd be paying in state tuition) and its a higher ranked school. I'm still waiting to hear back from Fordham, but I'd only consider them if I got more money than Illinois. It's money then rank for me...

CmonSD

Postby CmonSD » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:20 pm

Foosters Galore wrote:

Well I would hope they would make decisions on all the apps before they go rooting through the WL. Ive been complete since 1/28 with no word from them.

You would think, but other schools have done so. GL though.

lawschoolmike

Postby lawschoolmike » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:08 pm

CmonSD wrote:
Foosters Galore wrote:

You would think, but other schools have done so. GL though.

Still waiting complete 2/4

goletasb

Postby goletasb » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:03 am

Well, I heard back form USC (ding), so I'll be at Loyola in the fall. Woohoo! Missed ASD (went camping instead)... hope to see you guys out there though! Good luck to everyone still waiting. That totally blows.

swiard

Postby swiard » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:54 am

still waiting...complete 1/7

3.6/163...I thought I had a decent chance at an acceptance and even scholarship money....now I'm not so sure.

Loyola was my top choice, but unless I hear back from them sometime this century with at least some scholarship offer...I will be headed off to Chapman on a full ride next year.

goletasb

Postby goletasb » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:21 pm

swiard wrote:still waiting...complete 1/7

3.6/163...I thought I had a decent chance at an acceptance and even scholarship money....now I'm not so sure.

Loyola was my top choice, but unless I hear back from them sometime this century with at least some scholarship offer...I will be headed off to Chapman on a full ride next year.

Don't give up hope just yet-

My stats:
3.31 UG (mechanical engineering)
3.8 grad (MS mechanical engineering)
161 LSAT

your numbers are better than mine (I believe they look at UG GPA more closely than grad for obvious reasons), though I have a unique background. I think you're probably right in there for admittance.

NervousInKC

Postby NervousInKC » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:17 pm

What do you guys think of the job placement for Loyola? If anyone is from the area or knows graduates, can you touch on the ease/difficulty of getting a job?

CAHopeful

Postby CAHopeful » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:09 pm

Any recent DRs? I've been complete since January with no movement. :?

uwb09

Postby uwb09 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:17 pm

emailed them asking about my app (been complete since 1/25), they said i am currently under review, and will receive a decision in the "near future" :roll:

primusux

Postby primusux » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:58 pm

Nice. Decision mailed, never went into review on the status checker. Always just said 'complete'

missinglink

Postby missinglink » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:39 pm

primusux wrote:Nice. Decision mailed, never went into review on the status checker. Always just said 'complete'

If I remember right, there isn't a 'review' stage on the status checker. Complete, to them, means that it is ready for review and can be reviewed at any point. Once the review is complete, the status checker changes to 'decision mailed'.

And good luck with the decision.

primusux

Postby primusux » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:03 am

missinglink wrote:
primusux wrote:Nice. Decision mailed, never went into review on the status checker. Always just said 'complete'

If I remember right, there isn't a 'review' stage on the status checker. Complete, to them, means that it is ready for review and can be reviewed at any point. Once the review is complete, the status checker changes to 'decision mailed'.

And good luck with the decision.

I thought for sure someone posted in here saying their screen changed when under review. If I feel the urge I'll search through to verify for myself heh :)
and thanks!

youikky

Postby youikky » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:20 am

CAHopeful wrote:Any recent DRs? I've been complete since January with no movement. :?

got in two days ago. decision rendered on 26th i guess.. and went complete on 1/22.. looooong wait. :)

happy that i got in tho..

CAHopeful

Postby CAHopeful » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:12 pm

youikky wrote:
CAHopeful wrote:Any recent DRs? I've been complete since January with no movement. :?

got in two days ago. decision rendered on 26th i guess.. and went complete on 1/22.. looooong wait. :)

happy that i got in tho..

Congrats!

Island Girl

Postby Island Girl » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:58 pm

NervousInKC wrote:What do you guys think of the job placement for Loyola? If anyone is from the area or knows graduates, can you touch on the ease/difficulty of getting a job?

+ 1... They also released their employment stats for the Class of 2009 on April 5.

http://intranet.lls.edu/careerservices/ ... tstats.pdf

I don't know how accurate the numbers are though. I heard law schools tend to skew the numbers to make their stats look more appealing. I'd rather hear from recent grads talk about their experiences.

scuzle

Postby scuzle » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:06 pm

Do you think that the close it gets to the priority decision deadline the slimmer your chances are. I have been in review since 1/28, with a reverse split, so my chances are already pretty slim. Any thoughts?

JolieSaraLee

Postby JolieSaraLee » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:15 pm

Just received an email saying that there is no more money for me, at least not till mid-May and even then it's unlikely. BOO.

ruleser

Postby ruleser » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:40 pm

Island Girl wrote:
NervousInKC wrote:What do you guys think of the job placement for Loyola? If anyone is from the area or knows graduates, can you touch on the ease/difficulty of getting a job?

+ 1... They also released their employment stats for the Class of 2009 on April 5.

http://intranet.lls.edu/careerservices/ ... tstats.pdf

I don't know how accurate the numbers are though. I heard law schools tend to skew the numbers to make their stats look more appealing. I'd rather hear from recent grads talk about their experiences.

Those are pretty decent stats - especially for the evening program - almost everyone employed. I had been told it would be harder to find work in the evening prog, but not from talking to students or these #'s.

I know some Loyola grads - they tend to have smaller practices or their own. I don't know any who hate themselves/life - I was at a party thrown by one this past weekend. She enjoys her life just fine, and (though it took a while to build up) makes very solid $$$ in her own practice.

People at the school repeatedly say you have to do your own legwork to find your job. I think maybe top 10-15% not as much. My expectation coming out of Loyola, if I had to put to words a mean based on a combo of talking to students/alum/etc, would be decent chance of ending up at a smaller shop earning 60-80's, or in gov't/non-prof world type work. If you kick ass, you can get some top ops. If you suck, you still may get some law work.

lawschoolmike

Postby lawschoolmike » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:02 pm

Still waiting. Any one called recently? Whats the news? Did they trash my file?

Fletch

Postby Fletch » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:17 am

lawschoolmike wrote:Still waiting. Any one called recently? Whats the news? Did they trash my file?

I called last week. The lady I talked to was nice enough to look into my file, and told me another two weeks before I hear back. I submitted my app late January.

dspit

Postby dspit » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:48 am

Fletch wrote:
lawschoolmike wrote:Still waiting. Any one called recently? Whats the news? Did they trash my file?

I called last week. The lady I talked to was nice enough to look into my file, and told me another two weeks before I hear back. I submitted my app late January.

I applied late jan also. I just been waiting but haven't called. At least I got an idea when to expect a decision now.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”