Loyola LA - Has anyone heard back?

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Island Girl

Re: Loyola LA - Has anyone heard back?

Postby Island Girl » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:10 pm

S de Garmeaux wrote:Regarding the Reception tonight and Preview tomorrow, I'm a bit confused as to the dress code/attire. Is tomorrow's tour and mock class, etc. business casual as well? or just the reception tonight?

savesthedayajb wrote:I know Preview Day is business casual. I got an email yesterday and they specified that.

Yeah. I was hoping it wouldn't be business casual. I was planning to wear sneakers and a sweater for comfort...But I'm excited to see the school and fellow admits though! :)

S de Garmeaux

Postby S de Garmeaux » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:25 pm

Island Girl wrote:
S de Garmeaux wrote:Regarding the Reception tonight and Preview tomorrow, I'm a bit confused as to the dress code/attire. Is tomorrow's tour and mock class, etc. business casual as well? or just the reception tonight?

savesthedayajb wrote:I know Preview Day is business casual. I got an email yesterday and they specified that.

Yeah. I was hoping it wouldn't be business casual. I was planning to wear sneakers and a sweater for comfort...But I'm excited to see the school and fellow admits though! :)

Don't know how long i'm going to stick around for the reception past 6:30, it's going to be cold and windy and its my UG alumni weekend an hour away

Mr. Matlock

Postby Mr. Matlock » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:40 pm

Everyone have fun tonight and tomorrow. I'll be here, waiting..... and waiting................................... and waiting. (BTW Complete 2/2)

.... and waiting. :|

savesthedayajb

Postby savesthedayajb » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:01 pm

Did you guys know that LLS students have to pay to use the Undergrad gym facilities? I'm kind of turned of by this. lol

Charles Barkley

Postby Charles Barkley » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:02 pm

savesthedayajb wrote:Did you guys know that LLS students have to pay to use the Undergrad gym facilities? I'm kind of turned of by this. lol

:twisted:

S de Garmeaux

Postby S de Garmeaux » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:04 pm

savesthedayajb wrote:Did you guys know that LLS students have to pay to use the Undergrad gym facilities? I'm kind of turned of by this. lol

pretty lame but they are in different parts of town anyway, so you might as well get a membership closer to LS or where youre gonna live

boardride23

Postby boardride23 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:06 pm

Why would you use LMU facilities.... that's a long way to go. LLS students get a great discount at the nearby Gold's Gym. It's apparently dirt cheap... plus the people watching (Golds Gym, downtown LA) is epic.

savesthedayajb

Postby savesthedayajb » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:04 pm

I just say that because I plan on living by the Marina around Westchester or Venice, if I decide to go to LLS. All the money we put in and they cant give us that? What a piece.

Charles Barkley

Postby Charles Barkley » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:32 pm

Does Loyola negotiate scholarships? Anybody have any success doing so?

S de Garmeaux

Postby S de Garmeaux » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:46 pm

Charles Barkley wrote:Does Loyola negotiate scholarships? Anybody have any success doing so?

tried, said there's no more money

JolieSaraLee

Postby JolieSaraLee » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:01 pm

S de Garmeaux wrote:
Charles Barkley wrote:Does Loyola negotiate scholarships? Anybody have any success doing so?

tried, said there's no more money

Really? I'm still waiting on them to negotiate a scholarship increase yet I haven't heard back....

Charles Barkley

Postby Charles Barkley » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:09 pm

I was just told to email the assistant dean with copies of my other scholarship offers.

-crosses fingers-

Island Girl

Postby Island Girl » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:21 pm

Mr. Matlock wrote:Image

Everyone have fun tonight and tomorrow. I'll be here, waiting..... and waiting................................... and waiting. (BTW Complete 2/2)

.... and waiting. :|

aaaww... that is too cute. Sorry to hear though! Would it alleviate the bitterness somewhat if we gave you details on how the ASD went? Good luck and I hope you hear from Loyola soon!

edited for misquote

illini10

Postby illini10 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:32 pm

I really like Loyola but was just offered a great scholarship from another school. I have a decent offer from Loyola but my new offer is much greater with no stipulation. I was told it is doubtful that I will get any more $$ if I do it would not be until after 4/30 which will require that I make a seat deposit at both schools then roll the dice to see if there is more money.

S de Garmeaux

Postby S de Garmeaux » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:42 pm

see ya'll tomorrow

Island Girl

Postby Island Girl » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:51 pm

S de Garmeaux wrote:see ya'll tomorrow

See you there Little Foot. Sorry you won't be able to bring your mama with you.

savesthedayajb

Postby savesthedayajb » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:30 pm

I'll be there too! See you guys tomorrow. I hope the Kalbi truck is there :)

bconly

Postby bconly » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:07 pm

S de Garmeaux wrote:
Don't know how long i'm going to stick around for the reception past 6:30, it's going to be cold and windy and its my UG alumni weekend an hour away

Sounds like you went to UCSB... I might know you?

lawschoolmike

Postby lawschoolmike » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:46 pm

Still waiting

Foosters Galore

Postby Foosters Galore » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:32 am

If anyone going to ASD tomorrow could attempt to ascertain how many spots LLS has left in the incoming class it would be much appreciated. Regardless, have fun, I love that campus.

bconly

Postby bconly » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:40 am

Anybody that went to the scholarship reception care to tell what it was like/what was said?

lawschoolmike

Postby lawschoolmike » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:08 pm

Loyola Statues checker DOWN (again)

Flooded with people checking statues?

My internet connection sucks?

Anyone else having this problem?

Sniff spray paint?

SoCalKevin

Postby SoCalKevin » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:31 pm

Decision made 4/23...I'm scurred.

Island Girl

Postby Island Girl » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:54 am

Foosters Galore wrote:If anyone going to ASD tomorrow could attempt to ascertain how many spots LLS has left in the incoming class it would be much appreciated. Regardless, have fun, I love that campus.

hey foosters. i'm not quite sure how many spots are left in the incoming class but from what i've gathered from talking to other admitted students, not all are entirely committed to attending LLS. There is hope!

The ASD wasn't bad. I think the faculty is genuinely committed to helping students learn. I got the impression that current students were hard-working, friendly and they seemed to really enjoy being at Loyola. There was definitely a sense of family there. I was a bit disappointed by Dean Gold's speech. It was basically a reiteration of facts and figures about Loyola that's readily available in the web. I sort of didn't get that. The faculty panel more than made up for the Dean's welcome address though. The best part of the day were the 3 trucks bearing free food!! That, I really enjoyed. :mrgreen: And the admitted students were just wonderful to talk to. Very friendly, articulate and fun individuals. If you guys want to ask me for more details, feel free to PM me. :)

chango

Postby chango » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:16 pm

Withdrawing this week. Good luck for those of you on the wait list or still waiting to hear!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”