Loyola LA - Has anyone heard back?

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
illini10
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:44 am

Re: Loyola LA - Has anyone heard back?

Postby illini10 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:59 pm

jbaritot wrote:Decision rendered and on it's way as of today 2/1



Same here

User avatar
Shellbelle
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:36 am

Re: Loyola LA - Has anyone heard back?

Postby Shellbelle » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:22 pm

Decision made today...finally.

Hoping to see a nice $$$ offer!!

Want2Go2LawSchool
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:29 pm

Re: Loyola LA - Has anyone heard back?

Postby Want2Go2LawSchool » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:24 pm

illini10 wrote:
jbaritot wrote:Decision rendered and on it's way as of today 2/1



Same here


How do you know? Do they change the site? Mine just says complete.

Want2Go2LawSchool
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:29 pm

Re: Loyola LA - Has anyone heard back?

Postby Want2Go2LawSchool » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:30 pm

CAHopeful wrote:Did anyone get a FAFSA reminder from Loyola today via e-mail? I wonder if this means antyhing re: decision. Probably not, but I know Loyola Chicago sent out similar e-mails to admitted students. Just curious.


Yep. I got one but I doubt it means anything.

User avatar
J Burrito
Posts: 217
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:21 am

Re: Loyola LA - Has anyone heard back?

Postby J Burrito » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:59 pm

Want2Go2LawSchool wrote:
illini10 wrote:
jbaritot wrote:Decision rendered and on it's way as of today 2/1



Same here


How do you know? Do they change the site? Mine just says complete.


Yes, the site does change. It switches to just this message:

Loyola Status Checker wrote:A decision regarding your admissions application was made on February 01, 2010. A decision letter was sent through the U.S. Mail and should reach you within seven business days of the above date.

If more than seven business days have passed and you have not received your decision letter, please contact the Admissions Office at 213.736.1074. A second decision letter will be mailed to you immediately. Please Note: Decisions will not be provided over the telephone, or by email.

Admissions Office hours (PST):
Monday - Thursday 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Friday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM

CAHopeful
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:58 pm

Re: Loyola LA - Has anyone heard back?

Postby CAHopeful » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:40 pm

Did anyone not get the FAFSA email? I've only been complete since 1/7, so I guess I shouldn't be so impatient. But alas, I am. :)

User avatar
J Burrito
Posts: 217
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:21 am

Re: Loyola LA - Has anyone heard back?

Postby J Burrito » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:44 pm

CAHopeful wrote:Did anyone not get the FAFSA email? I've only been complete since 1/7, so I guess I shouldn't be so impatient. But alas, I am. :)


I didn't get the FAFSA email, but mine is already filed. Although, I didn't send anything to LLS letting them know that it's filed, so I'm not sure how that works. I also went decision rendered today. Complete 12/18.

User avatar
zeth006
Posts: 1167
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 2:54 am

Re: Loyola LA - Has anyone heard back?

Postby zeth006 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:17 am

"A decision regarding your admissions application was made on February 01, 2010. A decision letter was sent through the U.S. Mail and should reach you within seven business days of the above date."


Oh shnapz!!

squirtle
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:51 pm

Re: Loyola LA - Has anyone heard back?

Postby squirtle » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:08 am

I was DR 1/22 and still have not received anything...

I did, however, receive two emails today: one about fafsa, the other about student host day or something

164/3.6

OlderHopeful
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:46 am

Re: Loyola LA - Has anyone heard back?

Postby OlderHopeful » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:28 pm

Complete since late November, and received the FAFSA email, yet status has not changed and sadly no good news in the mail yet.

User avatar
twert
Posts: 414
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:13 pm

Re: Loyola LA - Has anyone heard back?

Postby twert » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:12 pm

squirtle wrote:I was DR 1/22 and still have not received anything...

I did, however, receive two emails today: one about fafsa, the other about student host day or something

164/3.6

you should call them. the host day is for admitted students i'm pretty sure so you should be in. i was DR on the 25th and got the letter on the 28th.

youikky
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:38 pm

Re: Loyola LA - Has anyone heard back?

Postby youikky » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:00 pm

illini10 wrote:
jbaritot wrote:Decision rendered and on it's way as of today 2/1



Same here


when did you guys apply?
good luck!

User avatar
zeth006
Posts: 1167
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 2:54 am

Re: Loyola LA - Has anyone heard back?

Postby zeth006 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:06 pm

In with $66,000 over 3 years with that accursed top 30% condition.


Looks like USD is the more desirable option. Still waiting on UC Davis.

User avatar
S de Garmeaux
Posts: 434
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:00 pm

Re: Loyola LA - Has anyone heard back?

Postby S de Garmeaux » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:10 pm

zeth006 wrote:In with $66,000 over 3 years with that accursed top 30% condition.


Looks like USD is the more desirable option. Still waiting on UC Davis.


#s?

User avatar
zeth006
Posts: 1167
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 2:54 am

Re: Loyola LA - Has anyone heard back?

Postby zeth006 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:13 pm

sdegarmo wrote:
zeth006 wrote:In with $66,000 over 3 years with that accursed top 30% condition.


Looks like USD is the more desirable option. Still waiting on UC Davis.


#s?



3.63/61

User avatar
Shellbelle
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:36 am

Re: Loyola LA - Has anyone heard back?

Postby Shellbelle » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:13 pm

In with 51k over 3yrs contigent on top 30% blah blah...

I had such higher hopes for $$$ from loyola.

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: Loyola LA - Has anyone heard back?

Postby Veritas » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:14 pm

I feel kind of gypped by LLS on scholarship...I think I might appeal for a re-eval

User avatar
Shellbelle
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:36 am

Re: Loyola LA - Has anyone heard back?

Postby Shellbelle » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:32 pm

Veritas wrote:I feel kind of gypped by LLS on scholarship...I think I might appeal for a re-eval


how much did they offer you? If you've got other options I say go for it, for sure!

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: Loyola LA - Has anyone heard back?

Postby Veritas » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:33 pm

Shellbelle wrote:
Veritas wrote:I feel kind of gypped by LLS on scholarship...I think I might appeal for a re-eval


how much did they offer you? If you've got other options I say go for it, for sure!

I got the 22k per year top 1/3. I have 30k and 40k per year from a couple T30 schools I plan on sharing with them....

User avatar
Shellbelle
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:36 am

Re: Loyola LA - Has anyone heard back?

Postby Shellbelle » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:38 pm

ouch. I would for sure then....LLS seems to be very stingy with their $$ this year in comparison to what I had expected. good luck!

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: Loyola LA - Has anyone heard back?

Postby Veritas » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:40 pm

Shellbelle wrote:ouch. I would for sure then....LLS seems to be very stingy with their $$ this year in comparison to what I had expected. good luck!

Thanks, I'm not even sure if I want to put the effort in. I need to make sure it's not some pride thing but a legit interest.

User avatar
zeth006
Posts: 1167
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 2:54 am

Re: Loyola LA - Has anyone heard back?

Postby zeth006 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:52 pm

Veritas wrote:
Shellbelle wrote:ouch. I would for sure then....LLS seems to be very stingy with their $$ this year in comparison to what I had expected. good luck!

Thanks, I'm not even sure if I want to put the effort in. I need to make sure it's not some pride thing but a legit interest.



IMO not worth it if you're getting more at top 30 unless you can get a full scholly+stipend or close to it from LLS.

User avatar
existenz
Posts: 927
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:06 am

Re: Loyola LA - Has anyone heard back?

Postby existenz » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:14 pm

Got the packet from Loyola today after DR 2/1/10. I'm in!

At first I panicked while reading the acceptance letter because it mentioned nothing about any scholly money. But my heart started beating again when I found it in a separate letter in the packet. $84,000/3 years if I stay in top 30% of class. If I were to choose Loyola, I would definitely try to negotiate away that 30% b.s. Who wants to be panicked about grades all the time? Not me.

My numbers are in the 169/3.7 range.

User avatar
Shellbelle
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:36 am

Re: Loyola LA - Has anyone heard back?

Postby Shellbelle » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:31 pm

wow $84? Damn...I wasn't really planning on taking up Loyola's offer but now I just feel slightly offended..that's a crap ton more money that most the rest of us have seen!

User avatar
existenz
Posts: 927
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:06 am

Re: Loyola LA - Has anyone heard back?

Postby existenz » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:34 pm

Shellbelle wrote:wow $84? Damn...I wasn't really planning on taking up Loyola's offer but now I just feel slightly offended..that's a crap ton more money that most the rest of us have seen!


On LSN there are a few other folks with similar numbers who have received the 84k. But yeah - they should be giving you guys better offers considering their tuition is $40k/year. It would be a win-win if they could raise their medians and therefore their ranking.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dietcoke1, drillteam, Google Adsense [Bot], hwwong, lawlawland16, lillawyer2, Long shot hero, mav1993 and 20 guests