Loyola LA - Has anyone heard back? Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Shellbelle

Bronze

Re: Loyola LA - Has anyone heard back?

Post by Shellbelle » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:59 pm

any RD hear back yet?

I assumed I'd hear back super quick with a 171 3.3...but it's been 5 weeks and still nada. Please tell me I'm not alone...

squirtle

New

Post by squirtle » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:48 pm

Applied on the first day they accepted apps...I believe October 5th and I have heard nothing, too....

164/3.6

valley splitter

Bronze

Post by valley splitter » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:59 pm

If I don't hear back soon I'm not going to let them let me pay them sticker.

holidayfromreal

New

Post by holidayfromreal » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:12 pm

Does anyone know what the deal is with scholarships, did they come in your acceptance letters?

I was looking on LSN and it looks like a lot of people have gotten money and with 168/3.66 I was surprised that I didn't get anything

ruleser

Silver

Post by ruleser » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:16 pm

Shellbelle wrote:any RD hear back yet?

I assumed I'd hear back super quick with a 171 3.3...but it's been 5 weeks and still nada. Please tell me I'm not alone...
Ok, I feel better. I have similar numbers and haven't heard anything, while similar numbers have gotten in with nice $$$ already. I've been waiting a while.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

roguepawn

New

Post by roguepawn » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:20 pm

efusty06 wrote:Does anyone know what the deal is with scholarships, did they come in your acceptance letters?

I was looking on LSN and it looks like a lot of people have gotten money and with 168/3.66 I was surprised that I didn't get anything

I received my scholarship with my acceptance letter.

MixedGirl2009

New

Post by MixedGirl2009 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:12 pm

squirtle wrote:Applied on the first day they accepted apps...I believe October 5th and I have heard nothing, too....

164/3.6
I haven't heard anything since applying 10/18....I dont feel as bad though considering someone with your numbers should have gotten in ages ago, I would think..

ec2xs

Bronze

Post by ec2xs » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:15 pm

I just got my acceptance packet with 51k in scholarship money.

Excited, but it's looking more and more like I'm going to withdraw. Good luck to everyone!

beef wellington

Silver

Post by beef wellington » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:09 am

efusty06 wrote:Does anyone know what the deal is with scholarships, did they come in your acceptance letters?

I'm in the same boat. Auto-admit 171 3.2 wondering why they wouldn't offer me anything. Are they trying to hurt their own yield or should I wait around for some more mail?

caveat: I'm traveling but the person who's receiving my mail has told me there was no scholly offer with the acceptance letter.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

MixedGirl2009

New

Post by MixedGirl2009 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:16 pm

For the most recent admits, has your online status changed to 'decision rendered' or is the website still down? Mine still says complete

ViP

Bronze

Post by ViP » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:25 pm

beef wellington wrote:

I'm in the same boat. Auto-admit 171 3.2 wondering why they wouldn't offer me anything. Are they trying to hurt their own yield or should I wait around for some more mail?

caveat: I'm traveling but the person who's receiving my mail has told me there was no scholly offer with the acceptance letter.
Ask your "mail-receiver" to check one more time. The scholarship info is separate from the decision letter. There are a few tabs in the admission packet, and one is specifically for scholarship/financial aid. There you will find the scholarship, if its been offered.

buckybadger420

New

Post by buckybadger420 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:26 pm

MixedGirl2009 wrote:For the most recent admits, has your online status changed to 'decision rendered' or is the website still down? Mine still says complete
"A decision regarding your admissions application was made on December 21, 2009. A decision letter was sent through the U.S. Mail and should reach you within seven business days of the above date."

In w/ 51K, scholly info came with acceptance packet..

ruleser

Silver

Post by ruleser » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:34 pm

Hmm... Seems like a number of auto-admits still waiting. I have a feeling they did schollys first and now we'll see quite a few no $ for whatever reason. With $ this is maybe my my likely school, without there's no chance ill go. Won't jump to conclusions, but is just odd - I don't know of any other school working like this, delaying aa's so long...

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Havaianas

Bronze

Post by Havaianas » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:33 pm

ViP wrote:
beef wellington wrote:

Ask your "mail-receiver" to check one more time. The scholarship info is separate from the decision letter. There are a few tabs in the admission packet, and one is specifically for scholarship/financial aid. There you will find the scholarship, if its been offered.
+1 My Mom said she didn't see it at first. Its in the second tab and doesn't really look like much important.

Zoomba200

New

Post by Zoomba200 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:46 pm

Have you people with money gotten the top 30% requirement?
They offered me quite a large sum of money, but the requirements always make me nervous.

I'm just wondering if they offer 90% of their students money with this same requirement and then say, "Duke it out amongst yourselves for next year's money, suckers."

I really want to go here, especially at such a low cost with this aid, but not if it really is just a ploy to get us there.

buckybadger420

New

Post by buckybadger420 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:52 pm

Mine is contingent on top 30%. If I had to guess I'd say you're right on with the "duke it out for money suckers" logic.

What do you guys know about Loyola's Sports Law program/connections? Would it be worth attending over a T-30 if it's mostly bc of the Sports program?

S de Garmeaux

Bronze

Post by S de Garmeaux » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:57 pm

in 56,000 over 3 years, contingent on top 30%

nice, but still kinda sketchy w/ that stipulation

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ruleser

Silver

Post by ruleser » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:12 pm

sdegarmo wrote:in 56,000 over 3 years, contingent on top 30%

When did you go complete.

Congrats!

Shellbelle

Bronze

Post by Shellbelle » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:01 pm

ruleser wrote:Hmm... Seems like a number of auto-admits still waiting. I have a feeling they did schollys first and now we'll see quite a few no $ for whatever reason. With $ this is maybe my my likely school, without there's no chance ill go. Won't jump to conclusions, but is just odd - I don't know of any other school working like this, delaying aa's so long...
I totally agree...can they just send us our stuff now? I really like loyola and would highly consider if if I got some good $$$ but come on...this wait is killing me!

S de Garmeaux

Bronze

Post by S de Garmeaux » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:01 pm

ruleser wrote:
sdegarmo wrote:in 56,000 over 3 years, contingent on top 30%

When did you go complete.

Congrats!
11/15 or right around that time

Zoomba200

New

Post by Zoomba200 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:05 pm

Are many of you from L.A.? Have you seen the campus? it looks pretty nice on the site, but I have also heard mixed reviews about the campus itself and its location.

What do you all think if you live nearby or have visited?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

cramos12

New

Post by cramos12 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:34 pm

In via snail mail today with 160/3.8/URM and NO $$$... Booerns!

I went complete around Dec. 1 via regular, not ED.

Money aside, I am really excited! Loyola is one of my top choices.

cramos12

New

Post by cramos12 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:38 pm

Zoomba200 wrote:Are many of you from L.A.? Have you seen the campus? it looks pretty nice on the site, but I have also heard mixed reviews about the campus itself and its location.

What do you all think if you live nearby or have visited?
It depends on your aesthetic taste I suppose. Some people have called it a concrete jungle. I personally liked it.

I think everyone will agree though that it definitely isn't in the best part of town...

cramos12

New

Post by cramos12 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:48 pm

cramos12 wrote:In via snail mail today with 160/3.8/URM and NO $$$... Booerns!

I went complete around Dec. 1 via regular, not ED.

Money aside, I am really excited! Loyola is one of my top choices.
After reading the previous posts, I am quite disappointed I was not offered scholarship money. =(

The only thing behind my Financial Aid & Scholarships tab is a double sided document on "Financial Aid and Scholarship Information" ... =(

rorystewart

New

Post by rorystewart » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:12 pm

In w/ 51K. RD.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”