Loyola LA - Has anyone heard back? Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
rorystewart

New

Re: Loyola LA - Has anyone heard back?

Post by rorystewart » Thu May 13, 2010 6:34 pm

swiard wrote:Finally received my decision in the mail today. My cycle is finally over....sorta.

Waitlisted. 3.6/163

Earlier on in the cycle I was expecting to get in and receive money with my stats, but I guess as the time passed my chances dwindled. Still surprised I didn't get accepted though. Oh well at least its not a rejection. I still love you Loyola but I doubt I'll be there next year.

Thanks for the well wishes everybody
If you want Loy, stick it out. It's possible to get a merit scholly coming off the WL - I've seen it happen. I may WD soon w/$, so there's one spot + $ you could take. :)

swiard

New

Post by swiard » Thu May 13, 2010 7:02 pm

haha thanks...just tell them to give it straight to me...forget anyone else on the waitlist lol.

In all honesty though, is it really possible to receive money off the waitlist? wouldn't they just give it to another admit who didn't get a scholarship?

Mr. Matlock

Silver

Post by Mr. Matlock » Thu May 13, 2010 7:48 pm

swiard wrote:haha thanks...just tell them to give it straight to me...forget anyone else on the waitlist lol.

In all honesty though, is it really possible to receive money off the waitlist? wouldn't they just give it to another admit who didn't get a scholarship?
If you look on LSN, there are currently lots of admitted students with #'s lower than yours. I imagine they just applied earlier or even ED. Last year I remember lots of people getting $ off wait lists. Hang in there!

filmbuff

New

Post by filmbuff » Thu May 13, 2010 9:03 pm

Swiard: Well, you are at least in good company! Sorry, of course, that it was not better news. I think the idea of us having applied towards the end of admissions might certainly be part of this result. Hope you have somewhere in the bag that's a good choice for you.

Mr. Matlock: Hello over here! Hoping your news is good on the P/T front -- then have them call Pepperdine for you!

Foosters Galore

Bronze

Post by Foosters Galore » Thu May 13, 2010 9:26 pm

rorystewart wrote:
swiard wrote:Finally received my decision in the mail today. My cycle is finally over....sorta.

Waitlisted. 3.6/163

Earlier on in the cycle I was expecting to get in and receive money with my stats, but I guess as the time passed my chances dwindled. Still surprised I didn't get accepted though. Oh well at least its not a rejection. I still love you Loyola but I doubt I'll be there next year.

Thanks for the well wishes everybody
If you want Loy, stick it out. It's possible to get a merit scholly coming off the WL - I've seen it happen. I may WD soon w/$, so there's one spot + $ you could take. :)

Wow. They must have hated my PS. Me and "rorystewart" have almost identical numbers. He was admitted with $. I was flat out rejected.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jpla

New

Post by jpla » Fri May 14, 2010 1:38 pm

just got my letter, waitlisted (161/3.3). probably gonna ride out the waitlist and see what happens otherwise its santa clara for me.

Mr. Matlock

Silver

Post by Mr. Matlock » Fri May 14, 2010 1:39 pm

And out! All that time for that. wow.

CAHopeful

Bronze

Post by CAHopeful » Fri May 14, 2010 2:16 pm

I was DR 5/7 and waitlisted.

Is there a waitlist thread for Loyola? Is everyone planning on submitting LOCIs, additional LORs, etc.? Loyola's my first choice and I am holding out hope!

twert

Bronze

Post by twert » Fri May 14, 2010 5:28 pm

Mr. Matlock wrote:And out! All that time for that. wow.
sorry to hear it. good luck with the rest of your cycle

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

DanielRogers

New

Post by DanielRogers » Fri May 14, 2010 6:02 pm

DR 5/7. waitlisted. 3.26/161. Thought I would have been rejected as the TLS interview w/ the dean says they average LSAT scores, and my average LSAT score is much lower.

I sent a LOCI on 5/3, so I'm wondering if they read it before making a decision on my app. I'm thinking of writing another one in mid-June.. too late/early?

jpla

New

Post by jpla » Fri May 14, 2010 7:33 pm

is there a thread for writing a loci? not sure what to write, looking for advice/tips. thanks.

CAHopeful

Bronze

Post by CAHopeful » Fri May 14, 2010 8:02 pm

jpla wrote:is there a thread for writing a loci? not sure what to write, looking for advice/tips. thanks.
Here you go: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 1#p1289371.

swiard

New

Post by swiard » Sun May 16, 2010 5:57 pm

filmbuff wrote:Swiard: Well, you are at least in good company! Sorry, of course, that it was not better news. I think the idea of us having applied towards the end of admissions might certainly be part of this result. Hope you have somewhere in the bag that's a good choice for you.

Mr. Matlock: Hello over here! Hoping your news is good on the P/T front -- then have them call Pepperdine for you!

I applied early January...same time as everywhere else. I guess that is too late this year with all the competition. I am just surprised that they held on to my app for 4 months. I heard back from EVERYWHERE else before them, including an acceptance at a similarly ranked school (USD) and a waitlist at a higher ranked school (Notre Dame). Oh well...I've still had a decent cycle and will be ok even if I don't get of Loyola's waitlist. Still a great school no matter what happens.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

cubedweller

New

Post by cubedweller » Mon May 17, 2010 6:54 pm

DR 5/17. ::crossing my fingers::

dspit

New

Post by dspit » Mon May 17, 2010 8:52 pm

decision rendered today. it was weird seeing something different after so much time seeing no activity.

Fletch

New

Post by Fletch » Mon May 17, 2010 10:02 pm

I got this email today-

"Thank you for your interest in Loyola Law School. After reviewing your file, the Admissions Committee has requested that you come in for an interview. This should not be taken as a positive or negative indication in regard to your file, it merely means we would like to get to know a little more about you.

Please note, interviews are not mandatory but are strongly encouraged as they provide a good opportunity for us to get to know you better. "

Anyone know anything about it?

PM me or post here please.

bconly

New

Post by bconly » Tue May 18, 2010 2:02 pm

Wow, that's very interesting. I had no idea they did any sort of interviews. All I can say is that you should definitely call and schedule one asap.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

CAHopeful

Bronze

Post by CAHopeful » Tue May 18, 2010 2:14 pm

Fletch wrote:I got this email today-

"Thank you for your interest in Loyola Law School. After reviewing your file, the Admissions Committee has requested that you come in for an interview. This should not be taken as a positive or negative indication in regard to your file, it merely means we would like to get to know a little more about you.

Please note, interviews are not mandatory but are strongly encouraged as they provide a good opportunity for us to get to know you better. "

Anyone know anything about it?

PM me or post here please.
Are you still waiting on an initial decision or are you currently on the waitlist?

filmbuff

New

Post by filmbuff » Tue May 18, 2010 2:26 pm

Fletch: I do recall seeing some language about potential interviews on the waitlist materials. I would only take it as a good sign! Best of luck.

Fletch

New

Post by Fletch » Tue May 18, 2010 2:31 pm

bconly wrote:Wow, that's very interesting. I had no idea they did any sort of interviews. All I can say is that you should definitely call and schedule one asap.
Called and confirmed. Wish me luck!
CAHopeful wrote: Are you still waiting on an initial decision or are you currently on the waitlist?
Still waiting on an initial decision...
:idea: :|
filmbuff wrote:Fletch: I do recall seeing some language about potential interviews on the waitlist materials. I would only take it as a good sign! Best of luck.
We'll see...hopefully something good can come from this. LLS is my #1.

CmonSD

Bronze

Post by CmonSD » Tue May 18, 2010 2:31 pm

Fletch wrote:
bconly wrote:Wow, that's very interesting. I had no idea they did any sort of interviews. All I can say is that you should definitely call and schedule one asap.
Called and confirmed. Wish me luck!
CAHopeful wrote: Are you still waiting on an initial decision or are you currently on the waitlist?
Still waiting on an initial decision...
:idea: :|
filmbuff wrote:Fletch: I do recall seeing some language about potential interviews on the waitlist materials. I would only take it as a good sign! Best of luck.
We'll see...hopefully something good can come from this. LLS is my #1.
Good Luck!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

bconly

New

Post by bconly » Tue May 18, 2010 3:54 pm

Good luck fletch. Plz be sure to let us know how it went/what they were asking about!!

nonamebreakdown

New

Post by nonamebreakdown » Tue May 18, 2010 7:35 pm

Anyone who went DR yesterday get mail today? I'm guessing I'll get it tomorrow if it was sent yesterday..

cubedweller

New

Post by cubedweller » Tue May 18, 2010 10:52 pm

nonamebreakdown wrote:Anyone who went DR yesterday get mail today? I'm guessing I'll get it tomorrow if it was sent yesterday..
Nothing in the mail today and I live about 15 miles from Loyola... should be here tomorrow.

nonamebreakdown

New

Post by nonamebreakdown » Tue May 18, 2010 11:23 pm

cubedweller wrote:
nonamebreakdown wrote:Anyone who went DR yesterday get mail today? I'm guessing I'll get it tomorrow if it was sent yesterday..
Nothing in the mail today and I live about 15 miles from Loyola... should be here tomorrow.
Same here. Good luck...

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”