Loyola LA - Has anyone heard back? Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
SEATTLEITE188

New

Re: Loyola LA - Has anyone heard back?

Post by SEATTLEITE188 » Thu May 06, 2010 12:34 am

So, do you guys think all the decisions rendered on 5/3 were rejections? :-(

swiard

New

Post by swiard » Thu May 06, 2010 1:06 pm

lawschoolmike wrote:
swiard wrote:Submitted App 1/7...3.6/163....still nothing.

I emailed them April 26th and they replied to tell me my application was under review and that I should receive a decision letter "in the near future". Its been almost 4 months...is there any hope? Like I've said before in this thread...Loyola was once my top choice, but without money (highly unlikely at this point), I doubt I will attend even if they do accept me.
What do you think about setting up an appointment to speak to an admissions representative? It feels like a not-so-great idea but Im getting desperate.

Im thinking they probably "ghost" yielded you but why not send a wait list/acceptance offer?

I have no idea what a "ghost yield" is, but at this point I'm kinda over it. I don't think bugging them anymore will help my case and I don't live in the area currently. Hopefully I get an acceptance and some money opens up, but if not, I'll be perfectly happy elsewhere.

CAHopeful

Bronze

Post by CAHopeful » Thu May 06, 2010 4:50 pm

I've been complete since mid-January without a word. Is it worth it to send a simple e-mail asking when I might expect a decision? What about a LOCI?

cubedweller

New

Post by cubedweller » Thu May 06, 2010 4:55 pm

CAHopeful wrote:I've been complete since mid-January without a word. Is it worth it to send a simple e-mail asking when I might expect a decision? What about a LOCI?
Same here... been complete since early February and haven't heard a thing... :(

uwb09

Silver

Post by uwb09 » Thu May 06, 2010 4:56 pm

CAHopeful wrote:I've been complete since mid-January without a word. Is it worth it to send a simple e-mail asking when I might expect a decision? What about a LOCI?
that's what i did, then they said i was currently under review, then a couple days later i went decision rendered

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Foosters Galore

Bronze

Post by Foosters Galore » Thu May 06, 2010 4:56 pm

I sent one email that both expressed my interest and made a note without sounding upset that I had been complete since mid-January. The email I received back stated that my file was currently under review and I should hear back in the near future. This was a few days ago. I believe another member of this forum received the exact same email a few weeks ago when he inquired.

Someone here hypothesized that they were holding apps that were right on the border of WL/accept until after the first deposit deadline. Then, they would review all of us knowing how many of us they could afford to take. WHat are you numbers?

Duralex

Bronze

Post by Duralex » Thu May 06, 2010 6:19 pm

Received my acceptance today. I'll be attending. Good luck to everyone else.

cubedweller

New

Post by cubedweller » Thu May 06, 2010 6:30 pm

Duralex wrote:Received my acceptance today. I'll be attending. Good luck to everyone else.
Congrats! Was there a change at all on your online status.. how were you notified?

Foosters Galore

Bronze

Post by Foosters Galore » Thu May 06, 2010 6:38 pm

Duralex wrote:Received my acceptance today. I'll be attending. Good luck to everyone else.
Congrats man! When did you go complete and what are your numbers, if you don't mind?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

talented_mr_ripley

New

Post by talented_mr_ripley » Thu May 06, 2010 6:41 pm

cubedweller wrote:
Congrats! Was there a change at all on your online status.. how were you notified?

the status check website will say that a decision has been rendered and that it is on its way through the mail. i just got that notification today and in suspense. congratulations duralex!

Duralex

Bronze

Post by Duralex » Thu May 06, 2010 6:59 pm

Yep, status updated yesterday (I assume), and I was notified today (I live in L.A.) I submitted just before the application deadline, and went officially complete in mid-March (IIRC.)

I'm a splitter, a transfer student, and an older student (I've been doing consulting & paralegal work while finishing school) so my numbers don't really map cleanly onto the applicant pool as a whole--but 2.7 (career), 3.3 (major), 161 LSAT. (I did much better my second time around in school--my cumulative GPA at the second institution only was around 3.5--the major GPA includes transferred marks.) I also had LORs etc. from people with school ties, so that may have helped. I definitely presented myself as an "alternative" applicant, if you will. Honestly, I was expecting to have to raise my LSAT and reapply early decision next cycle so I'm quite gratified.

As regards the WL...I was not previously WL'ed. So these are still initial decisions, that were likely being held to see what happened with the first seat deposit deadline.
Last edited by Duralex on Thu May 06, 2010 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nirwin

New

Post by nirwin » Thu May 06, 2010 7:27 pm

cubedweller wrote:
Same here... been complete since early February and haven't heard a thing... :(
I emailed them on April 29th asking when to expect a decision because I have also been complete since February and they said the delay is due to the high volume of applications and that it is nearing the end of the application cycle so it shouldn't be too long at this point

lawschoolmike

New

Post by lawschoolmike » Thu May 06, 2010 9:34 pm

Is it a good idea to send a LOCI before even being placed on the waitlist? I've been complete since early Feb I think 2/4

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

uwb09

Silver

Post by uwb09 » Thu May 06, 2010 10:42 pm

rejected

Foosters Galore

Bronze

Post by Foosters Galore » Thu May 06, 2010 11:29 pm

uwb09 wrote:rejected

Wow man. That's pretty shocking with your numbers, sorry to hear that.

uwb09

Silver

Post by uwb09 » Thu May 06, 2010 11:42 pm

Foosters Galore wrote:

ya, oh well, I dunno how likely I would've been to attend school in L.A., so it's not the biggest let down

just funny looking at the LSN graph, and seeing my red diamond in a sea of yellow and green

Foosters Galore

Bronze

Post by Foosters Galore » Thu May 06, 2010 11:48 pm

uwb09 wrote:
Foosters Galore wrote:

ya, oh well, I dunno how likely I would've been to attend school in L.A., so it's not the biggest let down

just funny looking at the LSN graph, and seeing my red diamond in a sea of yellow and green
Yeah. I know what you mean. On lsn a guy got in to loyola with 1 pt higher on lsat and .05 higher on gpa than me, but those occassional red dots surrounded by green have kept me from getting my hopes up.

Best of luck to you wherever you end up.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

twert

Bronze

Post by twert » Fri May 07, 2010 2:22 am

uwb09 wrote:
Foosters Galore wrote:

your numbers are almost identical to mine, i'm really surprised you didn't get in. did you apply late? i went complete in dec and got in around christmas

uwb09

Silver

Post by uwb09 » Fri May 07, 2010 10:22 am

twert wrote:
uwb09 wrote:
Foosters Galore wrote:

your numbers are almost identical to mine, i'm really surprised you didn't get in. did you apply late? i went complete in dec and got in around christmas
not too late, went complete Jan 25th (one of my LORs took FOREVER)

Foosters Galore

Bronze

Post by Foosters Galore » Fri May 07, 2010 2:30 pm

DR 5/7. Wish me luck

CAHopeful

Bronze

Post by CAHopeful » Fri May 07, 2010 3:02 pm

Foosters Galore wrote:DR 5/7. Wish me luck
Likewise. Good luck! I hope this is good news!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

jpla

New

Post by jpla » Fri May 07, 2010 3:10 pm

dr 5/7

Foosters Galore

Bronze

Post by Foosters Galore » Fri May 07, 2010 3:18 pm

Did we ever determine if they do decisions in batches? What do you think your chances are?

CAHopeful

Bronze

Post by CAHopeful » Fri May 07, 2010 3:23 pm

Does anyone know if they e-mail any indication of an acceptance, or do we just wait for the snail mail regardless of what it is?

Foosters Galore

Bronze

Post by Foosters Galore » Fri May 07, 2010 3:32 pm

CAHopeful wrote:Does anyone know if they e-mail any indication of an acceptance, or do we just wait for the snail mail regardless of what it is?

I think we just gotta wait it out. Good luck to you too. Mind sharing your numbers? PM if you like

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”