In At Mercer Law

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
shawty18ga
Posts: 470
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:49 am

Re: In At Mercer Law

Postby shawty18ga » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:24 pm

Mercer is really starting to piss me off. I was admitted 1/29, and I still haven't received an acceptance letter. I was admitted 2/2 at the University of Arizona and just got my acceptance package. I live 2 hours from Macon. Shame on you, Mercer.

mango26
Posts: 294
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:16 pm

Re: In At Mercer Law

Postby mango26 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:53 pm

got email invite to scholarship dinner on march 19. now if only i could open the zip file and view the invitation...i suck at computers

mango26
Posts: 294
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:16 pm

Re: In At Mercer Law

Postby mango26 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:37 pm

have any of you who received scholarships visited mercer yet? do you know what their travel stipend policy is?

User avatar
84Sunbird2000
Posts: 756
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:39 pm

Re: In At Mercer Law

Postby 84Sunbird2000 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:23 pm

mango26 wrote:have any of you who received scholarships visited mercer yet? do you know what their travel stipend policy is?


Okay, you need to tell your computer to OPEN the document, and then click on either Word or WordPerfect or OpenOffice Writer, or whatever word processor you have. I'm not sure if you have the same letter, but they offered to fly people in or reimburse them at federal rate for 200 miles, AND put them up for one night in a hotel. Somewhat similar to the Woodruff weekend I was invited to, except (apparently) for only one day instead of two.

mango26
Posts: 294
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:16 pm

Re: In At Mercer Law

Postby mango26 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:31 pm

84Sunbird2000 wrote:
mango26 wrote:have any of you who received scholarships visited mercer yet? do you know what their travel stipend policy is?


Okay, you need to tell your computer to OPEN the document, and then click on either Word or WordPerfect or OpenOffice Writer, or whatever word processor you have. I'm not sure if you have the same letter, but they offered to fly people in or reimburse them at federal rate for 200 miles, AND put them up for one night in a hotel. Somewhat similar to the Woodruff weekend I was invited to, except (apparently) for only one day instead of two.


thanks, was able to on another computer. i think i am going to attend the admitted student day in march.

User avatar
smartblonde87
Posts: 359
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:15 pm

Re: In At Mercer Law

Postby smartblonde87 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:04 pm

In 01/15. What's this business about paying for our hotel, etc? Is that legit?

User avatar
ggocat
Posts: 1662
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:51 pm

Re: In At Mercer Law

Postby ggocat » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:15 pm

smartblonde87 wrote:In 01/15. What's this business about paying for our hotel, etc? Is that legit?

Yep.

User avatar
bstrunk
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:26 pm

Re: In At Mercer Law

Postby bstrunk » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:26 pm

In today via status checker!!!

User avatar
evilxs
Posts: 390
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:21 pm

Re: In At Mercer Law

Postby evilxs » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:40 pm

Me too, waiting for the mailing 8)

User avatar
bstrunk
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:26 pm

Re: In At Mercer Law

Postby bstrunk » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:27 pm

Received email invitation to ASW in March.

User avatar
ggocat
Posts: 1662
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:51 pm

Re: In At Mercer Law

Postby ggocat » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:22 am

Congrats to all the recent acceptances!

If any of y'all will visit the school (which I definitely recommend) and would like to meet up in person, feel free to send me a PM.

Genericswingman
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:05 pm

Re: In At Mercer Law

Postby Genericswingman » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:09 pm

I attended the law school's preview day this past week and the dean of admissions said that applications were up 70% over last year.

User avatar
Al Swearengen
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:23 am

Re: In At Mercer Law

Postby Al Swearengen » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:00 pm

Just RSVP'd to the scholarship dinner and admitted student day. Father is from around there but I've never been to Macon before and really want to see the campus and what is around it. Looking forward to it.

gutten
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:17 am

Re: In At Mercer Law

Postby gutten » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:30 am

What type of numbers did yall have that are getting the scholarship letters? I thought I was pretty high for getting in to mercer, 161 and around 3.5, but I guess not. I heard back quick, but nothing since.

mango26
Posts: 294
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:16 pm

Re: In At Mercer Law

Postby mango26 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:59 pm

gutten wrote:What type of numbers did yall have that are getting the scholarship letters? I thought I was pretty high for getting in to mercer, 161 and around 3.5, but I guess not. I heard back quick, but nothing since.


3.3, 163 (non-URM)

User avatar
evilxs
Posts: 390
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:21 pm

Re: In At Mercer Law

Postby evilxs » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:12 pm

I have yet to get anything in the mail. The only reason I know I'm in is because of the status checker.

I was in Warner Robins this weekend and wanted to drop by the campus to check it out but ran out of time. I never went by the law part of the campus in all of the years I attended there.

Sitting in the Atlanta airport kicking myself a little bit, but hey If I don't have an envelope waiting when I get home then chances are they are not going to be very competitive with the $$$ offers I already have. :?

Genericswingman
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:05 pm

Re: In At Mercer Law

Postby Genericswingman » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:10 pm

At Mercer's Law Preview Day, the financial aid representative indicated, in a round about way, that they were finished with the first round of scholarship offers and that additional offers would result only as a consequences of current recipients decision not to attend.

User avatar
SpencerPratt
Posts: 319
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:33 pm

Re: In At Mercer Law

Postby SpencerPratt » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:22 pm

ggocat wrote:
smartblonde87 wrote:In 01/15. What's this business about paying for our hotel, etc? Is that legit?

Yep.


Just hotel? What about airfare and transportation from the airport?

User avatar
ggocat
Posts: 1662
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:51 pm

Re: In At Mercer Law

Postby ggocat » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:39 pm

SpencerPratt wrote:
ggocat wrote:
smartblonde87 wrote:In 01/15. What's this business about paying for our hotel, etc? Is that legit?

Yep.


Just hotel? What about airfare and transportation from the airport?

At least in the past, the trip was all-inclusive: hotel, airfare and transportation from the airport (or mileage reimbursement for drivers), and food.

User avatar
smartblonde87
Posts: 359
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:15 pm

Re: In At Mercer Law

Postby smartblonde87 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:53 pm

Hey everyone, I just withdrew via email, so they should be redistribute my acceptance some of you waiting. Good luck, and congrats to all you who were accepted!

User avatar
evilxs
Posts: 390
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:21 pm

Re: In At Mercer Law

Postby evilxs » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:57 pm

Finally received their acceptance letter. Small envelope like the rejections normally come in. It was a very canned letter which did not impress me, but very cool to get it none the less.

I think the line about if you have never been to Mercer gave me the largest chuckle. I mean come on? I went there for undergrad AND grad studies :lol:

User avatar
ggocat
Posts: 1662
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:51 pm

Re: In At Mercer Law

Postby ggocat » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:01 am

evilxs wrote:I think the line about if you have never been to Mercer gave me the largest chuckle. I mean come on? I went there for undergrad AND grad studies :lol:

Awww. That's silly. But if you get the chance to visit the law school before deciding, I encourage you to do so.

Percy
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:50 pm

Re: In At Mercer Law

Postby Percy » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:11 am

I'm open to answer questions as well. I'm a 3L and super sexy.

mango26
Posts: 294
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:16 pm

Re: In At Mercer Law

Postby mango26 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:54 am

Percy wrote:I'm open to answer questions as well. I'm a 3L and super sexy.


do you have a job lined up? does it seem like most of your classmates have jobs?

User avatar
bstrunk
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:26 pm

Re: In At Mercer Law

Postby bstrunk » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:47 am

Anyone else get an invitation to the Accepted Students event at a law firm in Atlanta?

Takes place on Thursday, March 25th from 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cfitz, NorthDragon, NotAGolfer, SilverSurfer2020 and 18 guests