In At Mercer Law Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
mas2488

New

Re: In At Mercer Law

Post by mas2488 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:00 pm

When you guys got accepted did your status checker change morning/afternoon/evening?

bstrunk

New

Post by bstrunk » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:06 pm

As far as I can remember, my status checker changed in the afternoon.

KennyG

New

Post by KennyG » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:31 pm

I think mine changed late afternoon.

mas2488

New

Post by mas2488 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:09 am

Thanks for the response. I actually was accepted yesterday evening. Where did you get the information about the Atlanta accepted students event? I live in Atlanta so I would love to attend.

bstrunk

New

Post by bstrunk » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:44 am

mas2488 wrote:Where did you get the information about the Atlanta accepted students event? I live in Atlanta so I would love to attend.
My invitation came via email. You will probably receive one in the next couple of days, given that you were just accepted.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

pmr

New

Post by pmr » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:14 pm

My status checker updated today with this message:

"Your file is complete and ready for review. At this time, we are experiencing an unprecedented amount of application materials coming into our office. We will be completing and reviewing applications for another 4 to 6 weeks. Your decision will be posted on this Online Status page as soon as the decision is made. We sincerely thank you for your patience."

I'm freaking out. Mercer is my absolute first choice but the seat deposit deadlines for other schools to which I have been accepted are coming up before this '4-6 week period' will end. Does anyone have any info what this might mean? Does it really mean they are that backed up and will get to my application at their earliest convenience? Or is it code for 'we want to wait and see if we get anyone better than you?'

Congrats to all that have been admitted. I hope and pray to be joining you this fall!

Al Swearengen

New

Post by Al Swearengen » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:26 pm

pmr wrote:My status checker updated today with this message:

"Your file is complete and ready for review. At this time, we are experiencing an unprecedented amount of application materials coming into our office. We will be completing and reviewing applications for another 4 to 6 weeks. Your decision will be posted on this Online Status page as soon as the decision is made. We sincerely thank you for your patience."

I'm freaking out. Mercer is my absolute first choice but the seat deposit deadlines for other schools to which I have been accepted are coming up before this '4-6 week period' will end. Does anyone have any info what this might mean? Does it really mean they are that backed up and will get to my application at their earliest convenience? Or is it code for 'we want to wait and see if we get anyone better than you?'

Congrats to all that have been admitted. I hope and pray to be joining you this fall!
That sounds like a kind of quasi-waitlist. If you really want to go here, then I guess you will have to wait it out, but definitely not at the detriment of not sending in deposits to other schools. I would send in the deposit to your next best choice, and if Mercer works out then withdraw from the other. Don't let a couple hundred dollars keep you from going to your #1 choice. I'll be at starting at Mercer this fall. Good luck with your application and hope you hear good news sooner rather than later.

actorlaw

New

Post by actorlaw » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:44 am

In regards to the above poster who is commenting on the recent status change by Mercer... Is there any chance that this could effect the size of the first year class? I haven't even thought about asking this... Is it automatically assumed that schools and the law school admissions process will just be more competitive because more applicants are applying? Or is there a chance that Mercer's (and other law school's) first year class will be rather larger than 2L and 3L classes?

BTW, glad to see some movement on this page.

Al Swearengen

New

Post by Al Swearengen » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:56 am

actorlaw wrote:In regards to the above poster who is commenting on the recent status change by Mercer... Is there any chance that this could effect the size of the first year class? I haven't even thought about asking this... Is it automatically assumed that schools and the law school admissions process will just be more competitive because more applicants are applying? Or is there a chance that Mercer's (and other law school's) first year class will be rather larger than 2L and 3L classes?

BTW, glad to see some movement on this page.
From what I've gathered in speaking with the admissions staff, they are more than happy to stay a smaller school. I think they kind of pride themselves on the fact that they are a very close-knit group. They want to serve the state of Georgia with solid programs that produce well-rounded lawyers. I honestly think that they have no interest in developing any sort of national identity and I know several alums of UGA who are very upset that UGA does not take this same approach. I guess what I am getting at is Mercer is quite happy to be a smaller regional school. The class might increase a touch, by maybe 10 or so, but I can't imagine any sort of drastic increase.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

mas2488

New

Post by mas2488 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:19 am

I'm really excited to meet all of you. Hopefully some of you will come to that AS event in Atlanta.

Netopalis

New

Post by Netopalis » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:48 am

Yeah, basically what was posted above. My class is one of the larger classes that the school has had, and it's 160 students. They try to keep the same number of students regardless of the number of applicants.

ggocat

Gold

Post by ggocat » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:16 am

It is unlikely that the class size will increase. The school seems committed to keeping class sizes low. My year had 144 students. Enrollment is usually less than 150, but last year an unexpected number of students decided to matriculate.

mas2488

New

Post by mas2488 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:39 pm

Do we have a facebook group yet?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

DKNY1911

New

Post by DKNY1911 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:18 pm

dinged *sigh*

Al Swearengen

New

Post by Al Swearengen » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:44 pm

mas2488 wrote:Do we have a facebook group yet?
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=3 ... 148&ref=ts

hope that link works. if not just search "Mercer Law School Class of 2013"

mas2488

New

Post by mas2488 » Wed May 05, 2010 11:25 am

Anyone going to Troutman Sanders reception?

bstrunk

New

Post by bstrunk » Wed May 05, 2010 4:17 pm

I'm considering it. I didn't make the previous one, but it would be 10 hours of driving time (round trip) for a two hour reception.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

actorlaw

New

Post by actorlaw » Mon May 10, 2010 10:33 am

Let's try this again... Has anyone deposited somewhere other than Mercer and still trying to decide? Or riding out waitlists this summer? Or am I the only one... ?

KennyG

New

Post by KennyG » Mon May 17, 2010 10:31 am

actorlaw wrote:Let's try this again... Has anyone deposited somewhere other than Mercer and still trying to decide? Or riding out waitlists this summer? Or am I the only one... ?

I'm also deposited at University of Richmond and still trying to decide. My wife is applying to Med Schools and we are still not sure where she is going to have a chance of getting in.

bstrunk

New

Post by bstrunk » Thu May 20, 2010 5:28 pm

Anyone go to the accepted students event yesterday in Atlanta? If so, how was it?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”