THE Ohio State University 2013

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
smithsra
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:39 pm

Re: THE Ohio State University 2013

Postby smithsra » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:58 pm

I just sent in my deposit as well! I'm an OSU undergrad, so I'm excited to stay for 3 more years!

User avatar
TTH
Posts: 10384
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 1:14 am

Re: THE Ohio State University 2013

Postby TTH » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:18 pm

smithsra wrote:I just sent in my deposit as well! I'm an OSU undergrad, so I'm excited to stay for 3 more years!


I think I'll send mine in this weekend. I hope I hear back from them before the next deposit is due at Georgia.

tsub
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:36 am

Re: THE Ohio State University 2013

Postby tsub » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:59 pm

I think I am just going to eat that $250 deposit at Iowa and send my OSU one in this week. Columbus, here I come :-).

crm
Posts: 282
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:21 pm

Re: THE Ohio State University 2013

Postby crm » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:29 pm

Sending in deposit today, stoked!

izzer
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:53 pm

Re: THE Ohio State University 2013

Postby izzer » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:33 pm

crm wrote:Sending in deposit today, stoked!


I sent in mine today as well!

Whitters
Posts: 125
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:02 pm

Re: THE Ohio State University 2013

Postby Whitters » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:02 am

Awe, cute, everyone is sending them in! To be honest, I sent mine in as soon as I received the deposit form. I wanted to consider all options, but its obvious which school is my top choice! :D :wink:

izzer
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:53 pm

Re: THE Ohio State University 2013

Postby izzer » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:14 am

Whitters wrote:Awe, cute, everyone is sending them in! To be honest, I sent mine in as soon as I received the deposit form. I wanted to consider all options, but its obvious which school is my top choice! :D :wink:



You are too funny! I definitely hope you're there in the fall! :D

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: THE Ohio State University 2013

Postby robin600 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:32 pm

tsub wrote:I think I am just going to eat that $250 deposit at Iowa and send my OSU one in this week. Columbus, here I come :-).

Haha I did that too, don't feel bad! What made you switch?

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: THE Ohio State University 2013

Postby robin600 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:34 pm

Anyone not coming from Ohio, or OSU? MSU grad here

User avatar
charcop
Posts: 98
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:32 am

Re: THE Ohio State University 2013

Postby charcop » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:42 pm

does anyone know how scholly $$ works at osu? Is it by lsat, gpa, or combo of both? I'm just bewildered because I was admitted in december and rewarded nada and saw that others on LSN with my stats and similar were?!

User avatar
baboon309
Posts: 341
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:21 am

Re: THE Ohio State University 2013

Postby baboon309 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:17 pm

robin600 wrote:Anyone not coming from Ohio, or OSU? MSU grad here



Asia->New York

User avatar
baboon309
Posts: 341
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:21 am

Re: THE Ohio State University 2013

Postby baboon309 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:18 pm

charcop wrote:does anyone know how scholly $$ works at osu? Is it by lsat, gpa, or combo of both? I'm just bewildered because I was admitted in december and rewarded nada and saw that others on LSN with my stats and similar were?!


That might be Diversity/Leadership Scholarship.

tsub
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:36 am

Re: THE Ohio State University 2013

Postby tsub » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:22 pm

robin600 wrote:
tsub wrote:I think I am just going to eat that $250 deposit at Iowa and send my OSU one in this week. Columbus, here I come :-).

Haha I did that too, don't feel bad! What made you switch?



I just did some research on both of the cities. I like the convenience of living in a city, but if I need the comfort of going out in the middle of nowhere I can just drive a half hour.

...and robin, didn't we already have this conversation over PM? I'm coming from MD, by the way.

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: THE Ohio State University 2013

Postby robin600 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:00 pm

tsub wrote:
robin600 wrote:
tsub wrote:I think I am just going to eat that $250 deposit at Iowa and send my OSU one in this week. Columbus, here I come :-).

Haha I did that too, don't feel bad! What made you switch?



I just did some research on both of the cities. I like the convenience of living in a city, but if I need the comfort of going out in the middle of nowhere I can just drive a half hour.

...and robin, didn't we already have this conversation over PM? I'm coming from MD, by the way.

Oh yeah we did, now I look like a jackass! I didn't know you deposited at Iowa though. Deposits suck. I wish someone would have told me before I applied to law school that I'd need $2500 to do it! I'm excited to study with you tsub!

charcop wrote:does anyone know how scholly $$ works at osu? Is it by lsat, gpa, or combo of both? I'm just bewildered because I was admitted in december and rewarded nada and saw that others on LSN with my stats and similar were?!


Sorry to hear that. I was awarded the Diversity scholarship, but I'm an interesting case (partial blindness). I guess if I wasn't "diverse" I probably wouldn't be getting the money I did with my stats. Don't feel bad. Admissions/scholarship decisions are so subjective anyways. I got accepted to peer schools with no money, but OSU was generous to me for some reason. Did you get other offers from other schools?

izzer
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:53 pm

Re: THE Ohio State University 2013

Postby izzer » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:19 pm

robin600 wrote:
tsub wrote:
robin600 wrote:
tsub wrote:I think I am just going to eat that $250 deposit at Iowa and send my OSU one in this week. Columbus, here I come :-).

Haha I did that too, don't feel bad! What made you switch?



I just did some research on both of the cities. I like the convenience of living in a city, but if I need the comfort of going out in the middle of nowhere I can just drive a half hour.

...and robin, didn't we already have this conversation over PM? I'm coming from MD, by the way.

Oh yeah we did, now I look like a jackass! I didn't know you deposited at Iowa though. Deposits suck. I wish someone would have told me before I applied to law school that I'd need $2500 to do it! I'm excited to study with you tsub!

charcop wrote:does anyone know how scholly $$ works at osu? Is it by lsat, gpa, or combo of both? I'm just bewildered because I was admitted in december and rewarded nada and saw that others on LSN with my stats and similar were?!


Sorry to hear that. I was awarded the Diversity scholarship, but I'm an interesting case (partial blindness). I guess if I wasn't "diverse" I probably wouldn't be getting the money I did with my stats. Don't feel bad. Admissions/scholarship decisions are so subjective anyways. I got accepted to peer schools with no money, but OSU was generous to me for some reason. Did you get other offers from other schools?



Actually, we're numbers twins and mine was Academic Merit.

crm
Posts: 282
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:21 pm

Re: THE Ohio State University 2013

Postby crm » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:48 pm

robin600 wrote:Anyone not coming from Ohio, or OSU? MSU grad here


Santa Barbara, UCSB grad

User avatar
charcop
Posts: 98
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:32 am

Re: THE Ohio State University 2013

Postby charcop » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:08 am

robin600 wrote:
tsub wrote:
robin600 wrote:
tsub wrote:I think I am just going to eat that $250 deposit at Iowa and send my OSU one in this week. Columbus, here I come :-).

Haha I did that too, don't feel bad! What made you switch?



I just did some research on both of the cities. I like the convenience of living in a city, but if I need the comfort of going out in the middle of nowhere I can just drive a half hour.

...and robin, didn't we already have this conversation over PM? I'm coming from MD, by the way.

Oh yeah we did, now I look like a jackass! I didn't know you deposited at Iowa though. Deposits suck. I wish someone would have told me before I applied to law school that I'd need $2500 to do it! I'm excited to study with you tsub!

charcop wrote:does anyone know how scholly $$ works at osu? Is it by lsat, gpa, or combo of both? I'm just bewildered because I was admitted in december and rewarded nada and saw that others on LSN with my stats and similar were?!


Sorry to hear that. I was awarded the Diversity scholarship, but I'm an interesting case (partial blindness). I guess if I wasn't "diverse" I probably wouldn't be getting the money I did with my stats. Don't feel bad. Admissions/scholarship decisions are so subjective anyways. I got accepted to peer schools with no money, but OSU was generous to me for some reason. Did you get other offers from other schools?


Yes! I got scholly $$ to every other school that accepted me which is why OSU bewilders me so much! For example, Tulane offered me $20k/yr. I did some investigating on LSN and found someone with a lower lsat and slightly higher gpa who was also accepted to Tulane with $7500/yr scholly, but had the same scholly $ from OSU. I guess they just hate me.

User avatar
dhatfie1
Posts: 141
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:09 pm

Re: THE Ohio State University 2013

Postby dhatfie1 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:28 am

crm wrote:
robin600 wrote:Anyone not coming from Ohio, or OSU? MSU grad here


Santa Barbara, UCSB grad


Kentucky, Georgetown College..which I'm sure you've never heard of :)

User avatar
TTH
Posts: 10384
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 1:14 am

Re: THE Ohio State University 2013

Postby TTH » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:45 am

robin600 wrote:Anyone not coming from Ohio, or OSU? MSU grad here


Originally from West Virginia.

izzer
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:53 pm

Re: THE Ohio State University 2013

Postby izzer » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:30 pm

robin600 wrote:Anyone not coming from Ohio, or OSU? MSU grad here



I guess I'm technically not coming from Ohio, since I'm in NE (hence my apartment-hunting difficulty), but I lived there most of my life and my OSU was my undergrad.

izzer
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:53 pm

Re: THE Ohio State University 2013

Postby izzer » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:34 pm

charcop wrote:does anyone know how scholly $$ works at osu? Is it by lsat, gpa, or combo of both? I'm just bewildered because I was admitted in december and rewarded nada and saw that others on LSN with my stats and similar were?!



I saw in your profile you deferred. Would that have something to do with the lack of $$?

macaulian
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:11 pm

Re: THE Ohio State University 2013

Postby macaulian » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:01 pm

So one of my big concerns about OSU is what they said about 1L summer jobs... They basically said you either intern or go to oxford 1L summer. Sounds like they dont have enough summer jobs period so they save them for 2Ls. Thats pretty bad especially if its indicative of their career services dept in general. Btw, it would be different if OSU paid for the oxford thing, but apparently you pay for it with more loans.

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: THE Ohio State University 2013

Postby robin600 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:20 pm

macaulian wrote:So one of my big concerns about OSU is what they said about 1L summer jobs... They basically said you either intern or go to oxford 1L summer. Sounds like they dont have enough summer jobs period so they save them for 2Ls. Thats pretty bad especially if its indicative of their career services dept in general. Btw, it would be different if OSU paid for the oxford thing, but apparently you pay for it with more loans.

It's hard for any 1L to find paid work ITE. If you look hard enough you can find something paid for you to do. They also have a DC program where you work in DC (paid or unpaid) and also take one class in the summer. Any study abroad at any school you're going to have to pay for. Most 1L jobs are unpaid anyways.

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: THE Ohio State University 2013

Postby robin600 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:23 pm

izzer wrote:

Actually, we're numbers twins and mine was Academic Merit.

Damn it! There goes my theory. Jealous you got money from Wisconsin! Not attending, but jealous nonetheless :)

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: THE Ohio State University 2013

Postby robin600 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:26 pm

dhatfie1 wrote:
crm wrote:
robin600 wrote:Anyone not coming from Ohio, or OSU? MSU grad here


Santa Barbara, UCSB grad


Kentucky, Georgetown College..which I'm sure you've never heard of :)

Actually I know where it's at, 20 min. North of Lexington right? Kinda close to EKU?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ajoelles, Ferrisjso, JazzyMac, momoko and 4 guests