THE Ohio State University 2013

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
nascent
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:19 pm

Re: THE Ohio State University 2013

Postby nascent » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:28 pm

FreshPrince wrote:
sunshinefairy wrote:
nascent wrote:Most likely I will be joining the Moritz community :) I will have my decision after the April 16 ASW.



How do you know? Did you call?


I think the poster meant that they are debating going to OSU or somewhere else and they are using their impending visit to OSU's ASW to make their final decision.


yeah haha sorry if i confused you there

User avatar
sunshinefairy
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:47 pm

Re: THE Ohio State University 2013

Postby sunshinefairy » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:32 pm

nascent wrote:
FreshPrince wrote:
sunshinefairy wrote:
nascent wrote:Most likely I will be joining the Moritz community :) I will have my decision after the April 16 ASW.



How do you know? Did you call?


I think the poster meant that they are debating going to OSU or somewhere else and they are using their impending visit to OSU's ASW to make their final decision.


yeah haha sorry if i confused you there


I'm a little slow...it's Monday.

User avatar
homestyle28
Posts: 2314
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:48 pm

Re: THE Ohio State University 2013

Postby homestyle28 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:56 pm

Anybody hear about the Moritz Scholly today?

Nat1018
Posts: 179
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:41 am

Re: THE Ohio State University 2013

Postby Nat1018 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:07 am

I'll be at the ASW on the 9th. Is anyone else debating between Case and OSU?

User avatar
baboon309
Posts: 341
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:21 am

Re: THE Ohio State University 2013

Postby baboon309 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:04 am

Nat1018 wrote:I'll be at the ASW on the 9th. Is anyone else debating between Case and OSU?


Are you the Natilie from Miami U?

macaulian
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:11 pm

Re: THE Ohio State University 2013

Postby macaulian » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:50 pm

In via email just now

keemos
Posts: 251
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:22 pm

Re: THE Ohio State University 2013

Postby keemos » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:52 pm

macaulian wrote:In via email just now



congrats! when did you go under review?

macaulian
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:11 pm

Re: THE Ohio State University 2013

Postby macaulian » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:14 pm

under review 3/1
admitted 3/23

Nat1018
Posts: 179
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:41 am

Re: THE Ohio State University 2013

Postby Nat1018 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:33 pm

baboon309 wrote:
Nat1018 wrote:I'll be at the ASW on the 9th. Is anyone else debating between Case and OSU?


Are you the Natilie from Miami U?


No, I went to Case for undergrad.

macaulian
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:11 pm

Re: THE Ohio State University 2013

Postby macaulian » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:45 pm

How long does OSU typically take to make scholarship offers?

izzer
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:53 pm

Re: THE Ohio State University 2013

Postby izzer » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:48 pm

macaulian wrote:How long does OSU typically take to make scholarship offers?



Lately it seems like it's been a few days (at least it was for me and a couple other people).

User avatar
07ggfa5
Posts: 97
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:19 am

Re: THE Ohio State University 2013

Postby 07ggfa5 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:01 am

I got in on 3/15 and haven't heard anything about scholarship offers. Should I contact them or wait?

rodewan
Posts: 112
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:37 pm

Re: THE Ohio State University 2013

Postby rodewan » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:19 am

hey guys, just got admitted this morning :) . Yea I too was just wondering how long do they typically take to give merit aid, or if its not mentioned in the admittance email then that means does that mean we will not receive any merit aid?

User avatar
Notor
Posts: 391
Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 11:32 am

Re: THE Ohio State University 2013

Postby Notor » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:35 pm

If you aren't above both medians (like have >163 and 3.65) then don't expect any merit aid, especially this late. If you are above the LSAT median and only a little below the GPA median, you might get something (166/3.5). If you are a reverse-splitter, you won't get anything.

crm
Posts: 282
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:21 pm

Re: THE Ohio State University 2013

Postby crm » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:40 am

Just wanted to give a shout out to Dean Solomon...dude's awesome! He's helped out a lot and quickly replied to all my financial aid questions...makes me feel like everyone else at tOSU will be as helpful and nice.

User avatar
homestyle28
Posts: 2314
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:48 pm

Re: THE Ohio State University 2013

Postby homestyle28 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:25 am

Is it just me or did the Moritz Scholly timeline here: --LinkRemoved-- change? I thought originally it said semifinalists would be notified this past monday. It's the last thing hanging out there before I officially decide.

User avatar
baboon309
Posts: 341
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:21 am

Re: THE Ohio State University 2013

Postby baboon309 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:01 am

homestyle28 wrote:Is it just me or did the Moritz Scholly timeline here: --LinkRemoved-- change? I thought originally it said semifinalists would be notified this past monday. It's the last thing hanging out there before I officially decide.


They probably called those who were selected first.

nbaguy
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:37 pm

Re: THE Ohio State University 2013

Postby nbaguy » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:43 am

.
Last edited by nbaguy on Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
homestyle28
Posts: 2314
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:48 pm

Re: THE Ohio State University 2013

Postby homestyle28 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:05 pm

baboon309 wrote:
homestyle28 wrote:Is it just me or did the Moritz Scholly timeline here: --LinkRemoved-- change? I thought originally it said semifinalists would be notified this past monday. It's the last thing hanging out there before I officially decide.


They probably called those who were selected first.


So far as I know, no TLSers have heard anything.

BuckNuts
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:37 pm

Re: THE Ohio State University 2013

Postby BuckNuts » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:52 pm

A simple prediction: they will send out an e-mail Friday afternoon between 3:30 and 5:00 pm so that they don't have to deal with calls/e-mails. The weekend will give folks a chance to settle down if they are upset. You've seen Office Space..."statistics show firing people on a Friday is better because..."

User avatar
GoTribe1
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:58 pm

Re: THE Ohio State University 2013

Postby GoTribe1 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:21 am

Dying over here waiting for a decision. Under review for over 9 weeks now, is that normal?

User avatar
ticklememauve
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:12 pm

Re: THE Ohio State University 2013

Postby ticklememauve » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:30 am

GoTribe1 wrote:Dying over here waiting for a decision. Under review for over 9 weeks now, is that normal?


I was under review for about 11 weeks from November to February, but maybe the holidays prolonged it. Anyway, hang in there.

User avatar
jbarl1
Posts: 563
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:40 pm

Re: THE Ohio State University 2013

Postby jbarl1 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:49 am

Yeah...I have been under review for a 10+ weeks now. I sent my deposit to another schools...I'm not really holding my breath on them.

User avatar
sunshinefairy
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:47 pm

Re: THE Ohio State University 2013

Postby sunshinefairy » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:47 am

jbarl1 wrote:Yeah...I have been under review for a 10+ weeks now. I sent my deposit to another schools...I'm not really holding my breath on them.


Under review for 7+ weeks.

centricisgreat1908
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:49 pm

Re: THE Ohio State University 2013

Postby centricisgreat1908 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:58 am

I have been in review for 8 weeks, at this point I am sending my deposit in somewhere else on next Wednesday...




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Christinabruin, curry4bfast, whodareswins and 4 guests