THE Ohio State University 2013

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Rawlsian
Posts: 387
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:53 pm

Re: THE Ohio State University 2013

Postby Rawlsian » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:47 pm

baboon309 wrote:
Rawlsian wrote:
baboon309 wrote:Did you apply for Mortiz Scholars? If you did, then you won't hear anything before you hear from Mortiz scholars


This is incorrect.


Well. That`s not from me. It`s from the lady in the Admission office.
Talk to her then.


I'm sorry if I was too presumptuous; perhaps I'm wrong. I'm about halfway through my Moritz application (still finishing up my essay, but other stuff has been sent in) and I received the leadership scholarship. However, my application isn't complete, so there goes my counter-example.

User avatar
homestyle28
Posts: 2314
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:48 pm

Re: THE Ohio State University 2013

Postby homestyle28 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:49 pm

Rawlsian wrote:
baboon309 wrote:
Rawlsian wrote:
baboon309 wrote:Did you apply for Mortiz Scholars? If you did, then you won't hear anything before you hear from Mortiz scholars


This is incorrect.


Well. That`s not from me. It`s from the lady in the Admission office.
Talk to her then.


I'm sorry if I was too presumptuous; perhaps I'm wrong. I'm about halfway through my Moritz application (still finishing up my essay, but other stuff has been sent in) and I received the leadership scholarship. However, my application isn't complete, so there goes my counter-example.


Don't give up! Have you indicated to Moritz that you're applying for the scholly...even a little, then maybe you can save your example! Or at least keep me entertained as I imagine my post-law school debt ballooning!

User avatar
TWoodWil
Posts: 205
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:19 am

Re: THE Ohio State University 2013

Postby TWoodWil » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:53 pm

If you're really concerned about it you could contact the Admissions Office and get the info straight from the source.

Rawlsian
Posts: 387
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:53 pm

Re: THE Ohio State University 2013

Postby Rawlsian » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:55 pm

homestyle28 wrote:
Don't give up! Have you indicated to Moritz that you're applying for the scholly...even a little, then maybe you can save your example! Or at least keep me entertained as I imagine my post-law school debt ballooning!


My recommendation (explicitly intended for the Moritz Merit) should have arrived yesterday, but perhaps the info hasn't spread itself around yet--I received the Leadership Scholar stuff from Dean Salmon, and the Moritz Merit stuff from Dean Northern.

Homestyle, are you browsing TLS from Alden or Ellis?

User avatar
homestyle28
Posts: 2314
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:48 pm

Re: THE Ohio State University 2013

Postby homestyle28 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:58 pm

Rawlsian wrote:
homestyle28 wrote:
Don't give up! Have you indicated to Moritz that you're applying for the scholly...even a little, then maybe you can save your example! Or at least keep me entertained as I imagine my post-law school debt ballooning!


My recommendation (explicitly intended for the Moritz Merit) should have arrived yesterday, but perhaps the info hasn't spread itself around yet--I received the Leadership Scholar stuff from Dean Salmon, and the Moritz Merit stuff from Dean Northern.

Homestyle, are you browsing TLS from Alden or Ellis?


Ellis...in my office...but have class now! not that that will stop my TLSing obsession...must get $$$ must get$$$

User avatar
traehekat
Posts: 3195
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: THE Ohio State University 2013

Postby traehekat » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:09 pm

Received an email awarding a merit scholarship in the total of $25,500 over three years.

User avatar
sandiecohen47
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: THE Ohio State University 2013

Postby sandiecohen47 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:14 pm

The deadline for the Moritz Merit Scholarship is this Monday. So, I don't think receiving the Leadership Scholarship automatically disqualifies you from the full ride.

UGHilbert
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:34 pm

Re: THE Ohio State University 2013

Postby UGHilbert » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:16 pm

Received an email awarding a $33,000 scholarship over the course of three years.

User avatar
Gunners87
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:27 pm

Re: THE Ohio State University 2013

Postby Gunners87 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:19 pm

Just received an email saying my decision has been deferred until March, little strange as my lsat is above 75th and gpa is above median. I guess they didn't like something in my application? Anyone else deferred?

User avatar
sarlis
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:30 pm

Re: THE Ohio State University 2013

Postby sarlis » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:19 pm

Are they still sending out emails now, or did they send them all out this morning?

msbeautifulbasham
Posts: 206
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:00 pm

Re: THE Ohio State University 2013

Postby msbeautifulbasham » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:20 pm

Can we apply to the Moritz scholarship before we have been admitted?

User avatar
TTH
Posts: 10384
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 1:14 am

Re: THE Ohio State University 2013

Postby TTH » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:26 pm

msbeautifulbasham wrote:Can we apply to the Moritz scholarship before we have been admitted?


Yes.

User avatar
seattleguy
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:22 pm

Re: THE Ohio State University 2013

Postby seattleguy » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:26 pm

$36k over three years, have to get 2.5 to maintain.
Last edited by seattleguy on Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
sarlis
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:30 pm

Re: THE Ohio State University 2013

Postby sarlis » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:27 pm

FUCK ME. just received an email from XX.osu.edu; then went on to shit my pants.

I opened the email... it contained a message about pain internships with the college of medicine.

come on tOSU.

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: THE Ohio State University 2013

Postby robin600 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:07 pm

HOLY SHIT!!!! 36K for three years! Nice! Moritz Diversity scholarship. Can I still apply for the Moritz?
Last edited by robin600 on Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
jbarl1
Posts: 563
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:40 pm

Re: THE Ohio State University 2013

Postby jbarl1 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:08 pm

I just want a decision!

User avatar
seattleguy
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:22 pm

Re: THE Ohio State University 2013

Postby seattleguy » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:33 pm

robin600 wrote:HOLY SHIT!!!! 36K for three years! Nice! Moritz Diversity scholarship. Can I still apply for the Moritz?

It is nice, combined with in state tuition after a year especially. But it's not a diversity scholarship as I'm not URM.

Rawlsian
Posts: 387
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:53 pm

Re: THE Ohio State University 2013

Postby Rawlsian » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:37 pm

seattleguy wrote:
robin600 wrote:HOLY SHIT!!!! 36K for three years! Nice! Moritz Diversity scholarship. Can I still apply for the Moritz?

It is nice, combined with in state tuition after a year especially. But it's not a diversity scholarship as I'm not URM.


I think robin was referring to to robin, and it seems like several students receive the diversity scholarship without being an URM.

User avatar
chicoalto0649
Posts: 1172
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:34 pm

Re: THE Ohio State University 2013

Postby chicoalto0649 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:41 pm

did anyone get the dean's welcome message? on my status checker it says it got sent out on the 8th but still nada....and i live 8 blocks from the lawl school

User avatar
sarlis
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:30 pm

Re: THE Ohio State University 2013

Postby sarlis » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:43 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:did anyone get the dean's welcome message? on my status checker it says it got sent out on the 8th but still nada....and i live 8 blocks from the lawl school


about the same for me.

what is the deans welcome message?

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: THE Ohio State University 2013

Postby robin600 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:43 pm

Rawlsian wrote:
seattleguy wrote:
robin600 wrote:HOLY SHIT!!!! 36K for three years! Nice! Moritz Diversity scholarship. Can I still apply for the Moritz?

It is nice, combined with in state tuition after a year especially. But it's not a diversity scholarship as I'm not URM.


I think robin was referring to to robin, and it seems like several students receive the diversity scholarship without being an URM.

Lol thanks Rawlsian, yeah I was referring to me and I did receive the diversity scholarship (partially blind but not a URM). Anybody know if you can apply/receive more scholly money by applying to the scholarships (ex: moritz?)

Edit: Just realized it's auto-renewed, no GPA rule! YAY!
Last edited by robin600 on Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
chicoalto0649
Posts: 1172
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:34 pm

Re: THE Ohio State University 2013

Postby chicoalto0649 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:45 pm

sarlis wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:did anyone get the dean's welcome message? on my status checker it says it got sent out on the 8th but still nada....and i live 8 blocks from the lawl school


about the same for me.

what is the deans welcome message?


check ur status checker. under mailings it says deans welcome notice

User avatar
07ggfa5
Posts: 97
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:19 am

Re: THE Ohio State University 2013

Postby 07ggfa5 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:56 pm

jbarl1 wrote:I just want a decision!


+1

User avatar
sarlis
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:30 pm

Re: THE Ohio State University 2013

Postby sarlis » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:59 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:
sarlis wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:did anyone get the dean's welcome message? on my status checker it says it got sent out on the 8th but still nada....and i live 8 blocks from the lawl school


about the same for me.

what is the deans welcome message?


check ur status checker. under mailings it says deans welcome notice


Yeah it says it was mailed on 2/8; but I get my mail sent to Cleveland, not Columbus, so it might take a little longer

User avatar
chicoalto0649
Posts: 1172
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:34 pm

Re: THE Ohio State University 2013

Postby chicoalto0649 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:07 pm

sarlis wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:
sarlis wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:did anyone get the dean's welcome message? on my status checker it says it got sent out on the 8th but still nada....and i live 8 blocks from the lawl school


about the same for me.

what is the deans welcome message?


check ur status checker. under mailings it says deans welcome notice


Yeah it says it was mailed on 2/8; but I get my mail sent to Cleveland, not Columbus, so it might take a little longer



U gonna be at asd on the 5th/6th?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 6 guests