THE Ohio State University 2013 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
izzer

New

Re: THE Ohio State University 2013

Post by izzer » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:33 pm

robin600 wrote:
izzer wrote:

Actually, we're numbers twins and mine was Academic Merit.
Damn it! There goes my theory. Jealous you got money from Wisconsin! Not attending, but jealous nonetheless :)

After lurking here for a while, I think I got it after you'd already withdrawn. If you'd just held out a bit!!

dhatfie1

Bronze

Post by dhatfie1 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:04 pm

robin600 wrote:
dhatfie1 wrote:
crm wrote:
robin600 wrote:Anyone not coming from Ohio, or OSU? MSU grad here
Santa Barbara, UCSB grad
Kentucky, Georgetown College..which I'm sure you've never heard of :)
Actually I know where it's at, 20 min. North of Lexington right? Kinda close to EKU?
Yeah, about 40 miles or so away! It's smaller than many large high schools lol, so obviously OSU will be a slight change of pace. But I have to say I'm excited. I called about an apartment a few days ago and where I have somewhat of a southern accent, the lady actually started talking slower like I didn't understand what she was saying, I was like really? lol

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:51 pm

izzer wrote:
robin600 wrote:
izzer wrote:

Damn it! There goes my theory. Jealous you got money from Wisconsin! Not attending, but jealous nonetheless :)

After lurking here for a while, I think I got it after you'd already withdrawn. If you'd just held out a bit!!
It's OK I dig OSU way more, and their peer schools and OSU gave me more $$$ gotta love that!

izzer

New

Post by izzer » Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:04 pm

robin600 wrote:
izzer wrote:
robin600 wrote:
izzer wrote:

It's OK I dig OSU way more, and their peer schools and OSU gave me more $$$ gotta love that!
I dig OSU way more too, but letting Wisconsin go was terribly sad for me.

GTLAWSCHOOL

Bronze

Post by GTLAWSCHOOL » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:24 pm

I am still debating OSU and a one or two others, but If I do come I am coming from Florida.(only seen snow once for 5 minutes, very scared of how I will fare during the winter months lol)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ticklememauve

Bronze

Post by ticklememauve » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:54 pm

dhatfie1 wrote:
crm wrote:
Santa Barbara, UCSB grad
I've heard of it! I'm coming from UofL but grew up in rural western Kentucky. Holla!

dhatfie1

Bronze

Post by dhatfie1 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:28 pm

ticklememauve wrote:
dhatfie1 wrote:
crm wrote:
Santa Barbara, UCSB grad
I've heard of it! I'm coming from UofL but grew up in rural western Kentucky. Holla!
Woot..even though I'm a UK fan ;). I grew up in rural central KY so we'll definitely have to spread our southern love around!

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:37 pm

dhatfie1 wrote:
Woot..even though I'm a UK fan ;). I grew up in rural central KY so we'll definitely have to spread our southern love around!
As long as you hate UofMichigan it's cool :)

dhatfie1

Bronze

Post by dhatfie1 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:16 pm

robin600 wrote:
dhatfie1 wrote:
With a passion lol. I'm totally cool being a huge Buckeye fan as well, considering UK's football team will never be good enough to find themselves in a bowl game haha, go Bucks/Cats!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

lstwin

New

Post by lstwin » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:47 am

GTLAWSCHOOL wrote:I am still debating OSU and a one or two others, but If I do come I am coming from Florida.(only seen snow once for 5 minutes, very scared of how I will fare during the winter months lol)
I'm pretty sure I'll be at tOSU in the fall, and I'm definitely not looking forward to the winter months. I'm from Arizona, and my entire winter wardrobe consists of 2 sweatshirts and a windbreaker - looks like I'll need to go shopping! :wink:

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:38 pm

lstwin wrote:
GTLAWSCHOOL wrote:I am still debating OSU and a one or two others, but If I do come I am coming from Florida.(only seen snow once for 5 minutes, very scared of how I will fare during the winter months lol)
I'm pretty sure I'll be at tOSU in the fall, and I'm definitely not looking forward to the winter months. I'm from Arizona, and my entire winter wardrobe consists of 2 sweatshirts and a windbreaker - looks like I'll need to go shopping! :wink:
Invest in a good north face jacket. It will be well worth it. I don't know how I survived winters without it! PS-Ohio winters aren't horrible, the further westward you go they get a lot worse!
dhatfie1 wrote:
robin600 wrote:
dhatfie1 wrote:
With a passion lol. I'm totally cool being a huge Buckeye fan as well, considering UK's football team will never be good enough to find themselves in a bowl game haha, go Bucks/Cats!
Coming from MSU, I now have two great reasons to hate the Wolverine douchebags for what they are!

chicoalto0649

Silver

Post by chicoalto0649 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:09 pm

robin600 wrote:
dhatfie1 wrote:

Awwwww my friend went to UM and taught me all these fun anti-MSU chants!

Like when MSU would go "GO GREEN- GO WHITE"
UofM fans would go "CAN'T READ- CAN'T WRITE"

And something like " if you can't get into college go to state" (to the tune of if youre happy and you know it)
or something like that lol

now I get why MSU no likey UofM

ticklememauve

Bronze

Post by ticklememauve » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:05 pm

I called Admissions today and they said they anticipate making decisions on the Moritz NBGs in the new couple of weeks.

Just FYI.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

TTH

Diamond

Post by TTH » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:31 pm

ticklememauve wrote:I called Admissions today and they said they anticipate making decisions on the Moritz NBGs in the new couple of weeks.

Just FYI.
win

NBG + Scholarship Increase would be just plain lovely.

baboon309

Bronze

Post by baboon309 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm

ticklememauve wrote:I called Admissions today and they said they anticipate making decisions on the Moritz NBGs in the new couple of weeks.

Just FYI.
I want it!

Whitters

Bronze

Post by Whitters » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:16 pm

I'm originally from Ohio, but I'm currently living in Chicago. Northwestern undergrad. Yay Big Ten!! :D

keemos

Bronze

Post by keemos » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:09 am

Received word today that I won't be getting scholarship money (I was accepted very recently) until possibly after the May 1st deadline. Hopefully some money gets freed up!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:44 am

chicoalto0649 wrote:
robin600 wrote:
dhatfie1 wrote:

And something like " if you can't get into college go to state" (to the tune of if youre happy and you know it)

I'd post our version of their fight song, but I might be banned because of the language/crudeness!

TTH

Diamond

Post by TTH » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:09 pm

robin600 wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:
robin600 wrote:
dhatfie1 wrote:

I'd post our version of their fight song, but I might be banned because of the language/crudeness!
Unlikely.

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:44 pm

Whitters wrote:I'm originally from Ohio, but I'm currently living in Chicago. Northwestern undergrad. Yay Big Ten!! :D
It's going to be awesome to go to a big ten school that actually wins! (Just kidding with you!)

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:50 pm

PS- if you're for sure attending, make sure to post on the TLS class of 2013 thread! Rep for OSU! Woot!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Whitters

Bronze

Post by Whitters » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:33 am

Hey now Robin, we were respectable in both football and basketball this year. And our women's sports are always phenomenal! Women's Lacrosse 5-peat NCAA Champs!! Woot! :D

We're such a small school compared to everyone else in the Big Ten and we hold our own! And we actually uphold the idea of "student athlete." Its really difficult to recruit top talent athletes when your school doesn't lower the admissions standard or the course load.

Then again, I've always been a Bucks fan, so I have the best of both worlds. End rant. Go U, Northwestern! :D

exitlane

New

Post by exitlane » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:48 am

crm wrote:
Santa Barbara, UCSB grad
UCSB grad here myself, I am torn between wake forest and ohio state.

Do you have any input for a fellow Gaucho still living in SB?

crm

Bronze

Post by crm » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:27 am

exitlane wrote:
crm wrote:
Santa Barbara, UCSB grad

I am still here in SB as well and went out to OSU and loved it. Everyone is nice, the city is clean and doesn't feel like a big city at all. I also liked that when I stepped off of the plane at Port Columbus you can just feel the sense of pride in the entire city about being a Buckeye. It was pretty crazy, nothing I have ever felt before..made me feel cool carrying a moritz law bag around they gave us at ASW. Also, everything is way cheap housing wise. What my gf and I will be paying for a 2bd apt in Ohio with washer/dryer/dishwasher/living room/fireplace, etc. is what one of us pays for 1/2 of our apt now. I didn't apply or visit Wake, but I hear it is nice too but if you have specific questions shoot 'em my way, I'd be happy to help!

TTH

Diamond

Post by TTH » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:02 am

crm wrote:
exitlane wrote:
crm wrote:
Santa Barbara, UCSB grad

I am still here in SB as well and went out to OSU and loved it. Everyone is nice, the city is clean and doesn't feel like a big city at all. I also liked that when I stepped off of the plane at Port Columbus you can just feel the sense of pride in the entire city about being a Buckeye. It was pretty crazy, nothing I have ever felt before..made me feel cool carrying a moritz law bag around they gave us at ASW. Also, everything is way cheap housing wise. What my gf and I will be paying for a 2bd apt in Ohio with washer/dryer/dishwasher/living room/fireplace, etc. is what one of us pays for 1/2 of our apt now. I didn't apply or visit Wake, but I hear it is nice too but if you have specific questions shoot 'em my way, I'd be happy to help!
Out of curiosity, when your plane landed at Columbus, did anyone on the plane yell out "O-H!" ? That's happened to me three out of the four times I've flown into Columbus.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”