THE Ohio State University 2013 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
alighieri

New

Re: THE Ohio State University 2013

Post by alighieri » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:30 am

This is Moritz right? Havnt heard anything yet, who's with me?

sunshinefairy

Bronze

Post by sunshinefairy » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:09 pm

Just got rejected via email =( Oh well - Northeastern here I come!

Whitters

Bronze

Post by Whitters » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:09 pm

Got the email today about ASW with the case and hotel confirmation! So excited to meet everyone and check out the city. Any advice on where to go out? I'm bring the bf too! :D

crm

Bronze

Post by crm » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:55 pm

Whitters wrote:Got the email today about ASW with the case and hotel confirmation! So excited to meet everyone and check out the city. Any advice on where to go out? I'm bring the bf too! :D

+1 excited as well and I will be bringing the gf too haha. Lookin forward to meeting you all

ticklememauve

Bronze

Post by ticklememauve » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:53 pm

crm wrote:
Whitters wrote:Got the email today about ASW with the case and hotel confirmation! So excited to meet everyone and check out the city. Any advice on where to go out? I'm bring the bf too! :D

+1 excited as well and I will be bringing the gf too haha. Lookin forward to meeting you all
+1 I'm bringing my husband. How will we TLSers identify ourselves to one another?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

chicoalto0649

Silver

Post by chicoalto0649 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:54 pm

I'm going elsewhere for LS but will still be in town, therefore I'd gladly meet up sometime and give my thought on OSU/C-bus

payton34

New

Post by payton34 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:43 am

The Bar Louie thing after the reception sounds like fun.. I'll be there at least. My parents live in Columbus, however, and I wouldn't recommend going to Easton during ASW. On a Saturday night, you won't get into any of the restaurants (unless you call over and make a reservation now). And other than restaurants, there's only shopping. TONS of shopping, mind you. But they're mostly stores you can find anywhere. If you're bored, scope it out before hand > http://www.eastontowncenter.com

IMO, time there won't give you a feel for the city of Columbus. Especially since it's located in the suburbs, 15-20 minutes outside of the city. I plan to walk around the Arena District or the Short North areas of the city (anyone want to come? ha)

See you all this weekend!

payton34

New

Post by payton34 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:48 am

Oh, and if anyone who maybe went there undergrad can help me out with this...

I want football tickets (woo woo) and the website is a bit confusing as to how/when Moritz students go about doing so.. Advice?

BuckNuts

New

Post by BuckNuts » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:17 pm

payton34 wrote:Oh, and if anyone who maybe went there undergrad can help me out with this...

I want football tickets (woo woo) and the website is a bit confusing as to how/when Moritz students go about doing so.. Advice?
Once you commit to OSU and set up your student e-mail account, you will be included in the football ticket e-mail that goes out in June w/ registration/purchase instructions. Availability is based on # of completed credit hours at OSU.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

baboon309

Bronze

Post by baboon309 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:30 pm

payton34 wrote:The Bar Louie thing after the reception sounds like fun.. I'll be there at least. My parents live in Columbus, however, and I wouldn't recommend going to Easton during ASW. On a Saturday night, you won't get into any of the restaurants (unless you call over and make a reservation now). And other than restaurants, there's only shopping. TONS of shopping, mind you. But they're mostly stores you can find anywhere. If you're bored, scope it out before hand > http://www.eastontowncenter.com

IMO, time there won't give you a feel for the city of Columbus. Especially since it's located in the suburbs, 15-20 minutes outside of the city. I plan to walk around the Arena District or the Short North areas of the city (anyone want to come? ha)

+1
They drove us to EASTON last time. We had to wait for 90 minutes for a restaurant! There were so many kids running around in the mall too.

TTH

Diamond

Post by TTH » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:38 pm

baboon309 wrote:
payton34 wrote:The Bar Louie thing after the reception sounds like fun.. I'll be there at least. My parents live in Columbus, however, and I wouldn't recommend going to Easton during ASW. On a Saturday night, you won't get into any of the restaurants (unless you call over and make a reservation now). And other than restaurants, there's only shopping. TONS of shopping, mind you. But they're mostly stores you can find anywhere. If you're bored, scope it out before hand > http://www.eastontowncenter.com

+1
They drove us to EASTON last time. We had to wait for 90 minutes for a restaurant! There were so many kids running around in the mall too.
Yeah... I REALLY don't understand why they have a bus going out to Easton. With all the cool stuff to do in Columbus, why send everyone out to a shopping mall in the suburbs?

ticklememauve

Bronze

Post by ticklememauve » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:59 pm

TipTravHoot wrote:Yeah... I REALLY don't understand why they have a bus going out to Easton. With all the cool stuff to do in Columbus, why send everyone out to a shopping mall in the suburbs?
I'm planning on skipping out on Easton. Do we get points off for that? :P

Rawlsian

Bronze

Post by Rawlsian » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:02 pm

ticklememauve wrote:
TipTravHoot wrote:Yeah... I REALLY don't understand why they have a bus going out to Easton. With all the cool stuff to do in Columbus, why send everyone out to a shopping mall in the suburbs?
I went with the small group to Easton during the March ASW. Big mistake: it's impossible to find anywhere to eat without a 2 hour wait on a Saturday night. Plus, it's basically a flashy mall. I'd recommend hanging out in the Short North.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

dhatfie1

Bronze

Post by dhatfie1 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:45 pm

ticklememauve wrote:
I made reservations at McCormick's and Schmidt's at Easton instead of going with the bus and it was splendid. Maybe that was partly because the waiter accidentally brought me out a $35.00 filet mignon when I ordered a $19.00 top sirloin lol. The cool thing is that I made reservations online 20 minutes prior to going, and it only took us 10 minutes to be seated with a 2 hour wait. :) I will say, Easton on the weekends at night does feel sort of hood, it's like teen/gangster. I would recommend downtown by far.

payton34

New

Post by payton34 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:04 pm

Thanks bucknuts

TTH

Diamond

Post by TTH » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:25 pm

Moritz jumped up to #34 in the USNWR rankings. Yippie!

but UGA and Wisconsin jumped higher, boooo

nascent

New

Post by nascent » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:38 pm

TipTravHoot wrote:Moritz jumped up to #34 in the USNWR rankings. Yippie!

lol I'm glad that at least we are moving positively on the rankings :) I feel bad for Fordham :|

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

jbarl1

Silver

Post by jbarl1 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:40 pm

I really hope I get off the waitlist now, considering that my other option dropped 7 spots this year.

ryguy

Bronze

Post by ryguy » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:41 pm

They are crying hard.

jbarl1

Silver

Post by jbarl1 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:42 pm

Should I send a LOCI and let them know if they offer me a spot I will take it in a second? If so...where do I send it?

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:05 pm

UGA jumped higher because they game the rankings (aka accept any GPA with an LSAT of 164 or higher)

On another note, is everyone who's going to Moritz from TLS in a relationship? Dang where are all the single ladies/gents at!?! I'm single, and I don't want to be the only one at the law functions without a significant other attached to my hip!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

nascent

New

Post by nascent » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:16 pm

robin600 wrote:

UGA jumped higher because they game the rankings (aka accept any GPA with an LSAT of 164 or higher)

On another note, is everyone who's going to Moritz from TLS in a relationship? Dang where are all the single ladies/gents at!?! I'm single, and I don't want to be the only one at the law functions without a significant other attached to my hip!
I was thinking the same thing. It seems that almost everyone who's coming to the ASW this weekend is bringing their significant others lol. :|

TTH

Diamond

Post by TTH » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:48 pm

nascent wrote:
robin600 wrote:

I was thinking the same thing. It seems that almost everyone who's coming to the ASW this weekend is bringing their significant others lol. :|
Looks like we have a connection! ;)

ticklememauve

Bronze

Post by ticklememauve » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:25 pm

I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that none of us are that "annoying couple" who ignores everyone else when the significant other is around. So, I'm sure there will not be a third/fifth/however-many wheel in any situation. I mean, I love my husband--but I'm looking forward to meeting new people. WOO!

crm

Bronze

Post by crm » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:26 pm

ticklememauve wrote:I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that none of us are that "annoying couple" who ignores everyone else when the significant other is around. So, I'm sure there will not be a third/fifth/however-many wheel in any situation. I mean, I love my husband--but I'm looking forward to meeting new people. WOO!
+1. Plus, my girlfriend needs to make friends since if we go to tOSU, we will be going as the only ones knowing each other. haha.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”