THE Ohio State University 2013 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Notor

Bronze

Re: THE Ohio State University 2013

Post by Notor » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:40 pm

Also got the email

Gunners87

New

Post by Gunners87 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:42 pm

Good news about the schollys...now if only I could get a decision on my file, U/R since 11/25 with both numbers over 75th percentile. C'mon OSU!

badwithpseudonyms

Silver

Post by badwithpseudonyms » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:43 pm

Rawlsian wrote:
RMstratosphere wrote:
nyskidude wrote:Just received scholly info via e-mail. 12k a year!!!
Ditto.
Here too.
+1.

sandiecohen47

Bronze

Post by sandiecohen47 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:43 pm

Rawlsian wrote:
RMstratosphere wrote:
nyskidude wrote:Just received scholly info via e-mail. 12k a year!!!
Ditto.
Here too.
Me, three! Or four... or sixty. Or whatnot.

homestyle28

Gold

Post by homestyle28 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:45 pm

No $$$ for me...it's beginning to look like tOSU much prefers better GPAs than LSATS for schollys which sucks for me

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lawschooliseasy

Bronze

Post by lawschooliseasy » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:46 pm

Now I feel inadequate... I only got 11k a year. On a funny note, my e-mail was titled ¨Dear N/A:¨ because I listed N/A in the preferred name space on the application.

sarlis

Silver

Post by sarlis » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:50 pm

homestyle28 wrote:No $$$ for me...it's beginning to look like tOSU much prefers better GPAs than LSATS for schollys which sucks for me
False, or false as of right now haha. I have a high GPA (3.9), and LSAT around tOSUs 25th, but haven't gotten the email....

Rawlsian

Bronze

Post by Rawlsian » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:52 pm

sarlis wrote:
homestyle28 wrote:No $$$ for me...it's beginning to look like tOSU much prefers better GPAs than LSATS for schollys which sucks for me
False, or false as of right now haha. I have a high GPA (3.9), and LSAT around tOSUs 25th, but haven't gotten the email....
+1
My LSAT is > 75th, but my GPA is just over medium.

sarlis

Silver

Post by sarlis » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:55 pm

Rawlsian wrote:
sarlis wrote:
+1
Im an OSU UG, so Im holding out hope that they will not send the scholly email, and just walk over to my apartment with a bucket of dollars

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

TTH

Diamond

Post by TTH » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:59 pm

LSATfromNC wrote:Did any other whitey's get a diversity scholarship? It only has a 2.0 requirement so I'm not complaining, just interesting.

Just realized the scholarship is almost to the dollar the difference between tuition and what the VA pays for me, so a guaranteed full ride!
Me too. I got a chuckle out of it, although I did happen to write a diversity statement.

IMPORTANT QUESTION: Did anyone write an essay for the leadership scholarship? Did anyone receive a leadership scholarship in this batch of e-mails?

nyskidude

Bronze

Post by nyskidude » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:05 pm

TipTravHoot wrote:
LSATfromNC wrote:Did any other whitey's get a diversity scholarship? It only has a 2.0 requirement so I'm not complaining, just interesting.

Just realized the scholarship is almost to the dollar the difference between tuition and what the VA pays for me, so a guaranteed full ride!
Me too. I got a chuckle out of it, although I did happen to write a diversity statement.

IMPORTANT QUESTION: Did anyone write an essay for the leadership scholarship? Did anyone receive a leadership scholarship in this batch of e-mails?
Yes, I received a Moritz Leadership Scholarship. Didn't write any specific essay, although my personal statement for tOSU talked about how I hold an officer position, help plan, and am a counselor for a youth leadership conference.

UFMatt

Bronze

Post by UFMatt » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:11 pm

Received $ via email today. Will withdraw soon.

TTH

Diamond

Post by TTH » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:11 pm

nyskidude wrote:
TipTravHoot wrote:

Yes, I received a Moritz Leadership Scholarship. Didn't write any specific essay, although my personal statement for tOSU talked about how I hold an officer position, help plan, and am a counselor for a youth leadership conference.
Did your e-mail say anything about participating in the leadership program? Or did it only have a GPA requirement?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

nyskidude

Bronze

Post by nyskidude » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:16 pm

TipTravHoot wrote:
Did your e-mail say anything about participating in the leadership program? Or did it only have a GPA requirement?
It had a GPA requirement and it said that I could not violate anything in the Honor Code. There goes my dreams of partying with beautiful undergrad freshmen haha. :twisted:

sarlis

Silver

Post by sarlis » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:16 pm

nyskidude wrote:
TipTravHoot wrote:
It had a GPA requirement and it said that I could not violate anything in the Honor Code. There goes my dreams of partying with beautiful undergrad freshmen haha.
there are some good ones this year, too hahaha.

nyskidude

Bronze

Post by nyskidude » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:28 pm

sarlis wrote:
nyskidude wrote:
TipTravHoot wrote:
It had a GPA requirement and it said that I could not violate anything in the Honor Code. There goes my dreams of partying with beautiful undergrad freshmen haha.
Sarlis, if I go to OSU, you are going to have to "show me around". Deal? Haha

sarlis

Silver

Post by sarlis » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:29 pm

nyskidude wrote:
sarlis wrote:
nyskidude wrote:
TipTravHoot wrote:
Sarlis, if I go to OSU, you are going to have to "show me around". Deal? Haha
That is a deal!

how about an even better deal: are you coming to the ASW march 5-6? I can "show you around" then lol

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

07ggfa5

New

Post by 07ggfa5 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:40 pm

Dear OSU, my alma mater, remember how much $$$ I paid you during undergrad? I graduated and then you used it to built the RPAC, renovated the main library, added more parking garages and did many other wonderful things. And guess what, I'm still paying off my student loans. Now please accept me and allow me to reap some of those benefits.

Slimpee

Silver

Post by Slimpee » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:46 pm

I received a Leadership Scholarship, $8,500/yr, which is very nice and may precipitate a visit to OSU.

Requirements for renewal are 2.5 GPA and remain in good standing.

I didn't write any extra essays...

Edit: So i poked around...is the Leadership Scholarship an extra "program" of sorts? According to this (LinkRemoved) website it comes with extra opportunities and such. Does anyone know if all Leadership Scholarships fall under this program? If so, I think i'll DEFINITELY visit OSU!

homestyle28

Gold

Post by homestyle28 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:01 pm

sarlis wrote:
Rawlsian wrote:
sarlis wrote:
+1
Im an OSU UG, so Im holding out hope that they will not send the scholly email, and just walk over to my apartment with a bucket of dollars
My GPA is way under 25th and LSAT way over 75th...OSU alum hoping that has some clout...likely have to choose between Moritz and Northwestern...the bucks need to give me some $$$ to make it a fair fight!

baboon309

Bronze

Post by baboon309 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:31 pm

My GPA is way under 25th and LSAT way over 75th...OSU alum hoping that has some clout...likely have to choose between Moritz and Northwestern...the bucks need to give me some $$$ to make it a fair fight![/quote]

Did you apply for Mortiz Scholars? If you did, then you won't hear anything before you hear from Mortiz scholars

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

homestyle28

Gold

Post by homestyle28 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:34 pm

baboon309 wrote:My GPA is way under 25th and LSAT way over 75th...OSU alum hoping that has some clout...likely have to choose between Moritz and Northwestern...the bucks need to give me some $$$ to make it a fair fight!

Did you apply for Mortiz Scholars? If you did, then you won't hear anything before you heard from Mortiz scholars[/quote]

Really? I mean I was hoping that it was something like this...do you have a source on this, or just a hunch? Do you suspect they notify those who aren't selected as well as those who are selected as finalists? Also, care to venture wild speculation about the #'s of folks who apply for the Moritz?

Rawlsian

Bronze

Post by Rawlsian » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:36 pm

baboon309 wrote:Did you apply for Mortiz Scholars? If you did, then you won't hear anything before you hear from Mortiz scholars
This is incorrect.

baboon309

Bronze

Post by baboon309 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:43 pm

Rawlsian wrote:
baboon309 wrote:Did you apply for Mortiz Scholars? If you did, then you won't hear anything before you hear from Mortiz scholars
This is incorrect.
Well. That`s not from me. It`s from the lady in the Admission office.
Talk to her then.

homestyle28

Gold

Post by homestyle28 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:44 pm

Rawlsian wrote:
This is incorrect.
Sources people! fight the growing urge to speculate wildly! Why do you think this is incorrect?

Clearly I'm being consumed by this today!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”