THE Ohio State University 2013 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ChinaMex

New

Re: THE Ohio State University 2013

Post by ChinaMex » Tue May 25, 2010 10:15 am

dhatfie1 wrote: Who'd you talk to about this? I'd like to call them so I can ask them some other questions concerning health insurance/car insurance etc. Thanks A ;)
Call the registrar: 614-292-0300. They're super nice but you'll be on hold for a bit. Be sure to report back because I'm sure you've thought of questions that haven't even entered my mind. danke! :)

dhatfie1

Bronze

Post by dhatfie1 » Tue May 25, 2010 4:06 pm

ChinaMex wrote:
dhatfie1 wrote: Who'd you talk to about this? I'd like to call them so I can ask them some other questions concerning health insurance/car insurance etc. Thanks A ;)
Call the registrar: 614-292-0300. They're super nice but you'll be on hold for a bit. Be sure to report back because I'm sure you've thought of questions that haven't even entered my mind. danke! :)
So it seems you can stay on your parent's health/car insurance policy if you so choose. The only thing is, you want to check with your car insurance provider/agent to ensure that your insurance from whatever state you hail from is valid in Ohio as well. Otherwise, you should be good to go! (info from registrar). :)

nascent

New

Post by nascent » Tue May 25, 2010 9:54 pm

awesome guys, thanks for the info :)

when is everyone planning to move in? Going to law school is slowly getting to me now that June is just around the corner...

lstwin

New

Post by lstwin » Tue May 25, 2010 10:11 pm

nascent wrote:when is everyone planning to move in? Going to law school is slowly getting to me now that June is just around the corner...
I'm moving to OH at the end of July (I think). My last day at work is June 30th, and then I want to spend some time at the beach before move to the midwest.

dhatfie1

Bronze

Post by dhatfie1 » Wed May 26, 2010 3:05 am

nascent wrote:awesome guys, thanks for the info :)

when is everyone planning to move in? Going to law school is slowly getting to me now that June is just around the corner...
I'm moving in August 1st to the Gateway apts. I'm sooo excited to have my own place! Btw, if anybody is interested in playing some bball while we're preparing for school to start, I'm totally game. Side note: Prepare to get owned ;)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

sarlis

Silver

Post by sarlis » Wed May 26, 2010 12:34 pm

dhatfie1 wrote:

I'm moving in August 1st to the Gateway apts. I'm sooo excited to have my own place! Btw, if anybody is interested in playing some bball while we're preparing for school to start, I'm totally game. Side note: Prepare to get owned ;)
Hey, I'm down for some bball haha.

I'm moving back here around mid-august.

ChinaMex

New

Post by ChinaMex » Wed May 26, 2010 10:30 pm

I'm coming out mid July but will be road tripping around the East coast and midwest until the beginning of August. I'm so excited. Waiting to quit my job is worse than senioritis...25 more working days le sigh

dhatfie1

Bronze

Post by dhatfie1 » Thu May 27, 2010 2:11 am

ChinaMex wrote:

I'm coming out mid July but will be road tripping around the East coast and midwest until the beginning of August. I'm so excited. Waiting to quit my job is worse than senioritis...25 more working days le sigh
Haha me too yo! 19 days left of work here and then I'll be heading to Nashville to sing lol, you should definitely stop by!

TTH

Diamond

Post by TTH » Thu May 27, 2010 2:43 am

dhatfie1 wrote:
ChinaMex wrote:

Haha me too yo! 19 days left of work here and then I'll be heading to Nashville to sing lol, you should definitely stop by!
Sing? You playing a bar or something?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

dhatfie1

Bronze

Post by dhatfie1 » Thu May 27, 2010 3:12 pm

TTH wrote:
dhatfie1 wrote:
ChinaMex wrote:

Sing? You playing a bar or something?
Yeah, I'll be playing a few gigs downtown, although I don't know how fond you are of country music haha.

ChinaMex

New

Post by ChinaMex » Thu May 27, 2010 9:44 pm

dhatfie1 wrote:
ChinaMex wrote:

haha we'll see where the road takes me...most likely the beach but you never know if I'll drift down to Nashville. If not, you'll have to wait until august for me to make fun of you and your yankees...oh and let's not forget your poker skills. yeah, I went there ;)

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Thu May 27, 2010 10:14 pm

Meh, just officially let go of my 12k a year scholarship, *oh the pain!* I hope my spot and money goes to one of you

TTH

Diamond

Post by TTH » Fri May 28, 2010 11:14 am

dhatfie1 wrote:Yeah, I'll be playing a few gigs downtown, although I don't know how fond you are of country music haha.
Cool. Good luck. Are you playing Lonnie's Western Room by chance?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

dhatfie1

Bronze

Post by dhatfie1 » Fri May 28, 2010 12:22 pm

TTH wrote:
dhatfie1 wrote:Yeah, I'll be playing a few gigs downtown, although I don't know how fond you are of country music haha.
Cool. Good luck. Are you playing Lonnie's Western Room by chance?
Well, Lonnie's is pretty awesome for some wild and out karaoke, not to mention the girls who are regulars are pretty good. It's a fun atmosphere so although I won't be playing there, I may definitely visit just because you can't really beat the atmosphere. It's one of the few "family-friendly" places as well I would say.

dhatfie1

Bronze

Post by dhatfie1 » Fri May 28, 2010 12:26 pm

ChinaMex wrote:
dhatfie1 wrote:
ChinaMex wrote:

haha we'll see where the road takes me...most likely the beach but you never know if I'll drift down to Nashville. If not, you'll have to wait until august for me to make fun of you and your yankees...oh and let's not forget your poker skills. yeah, I went there ;)
Lol I would not wait until August to make fun of my Yanks b/c by then, they'll have solidified their reign atop the league with the Rays while the A's will have faded quietly into the abyss... haha. And about my poker skills..well, momma always taught me not to take money from a lady ;)

TTH

Diamond

Post by TTH » Fri May 28, 2010 1:10 pm

Yankees? Meh.

sarlis

Silver

Post by sarlis » Fri May 28, 2010 1:45 pm

TTH wrote:Yankees? Meh.
haha, go tribe

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

dhatfie1

Bronze

Post by dhatfie1 » Fri May 28, 2010 1:51 pm

For the record, my uncle took me to Yankee stadium growing up and just the pure love that Yankee fans have for their team was incredible to me and consequently it impressed upon me an indelible love of the Yanks. After all, Kentucky lacks a major league team of any kind so it's kind of like UK basketball, and then whatever else you like lol.

ChinaMex

New

Post by ChinaMex » Fri May 28, 2010 2:28 pm

dhatfie1 wrote:
For the record, my uncle took me to Yankee stadium growing up and just the pure love that Yankee fans have for their team was incredible to me and consequently it impressed upon me an indelible love of the Yanks. After all, Kentucky lacks a major league team of any kind so it's kind of like UK basketball, and then whatever else you like lol.
That does not make it better. Unless you've been to all 30 stadiums I don't think you have a proper sample size haha. Come to Oakland and I'll show you some passion!

Anyway, I can assure you that the A's will not fade into oblivion as half of our team is on the DL and come August we'll be the healthy old team everyone loves or the young team that's fresh from the farm that everyone loves :D

TTH

Diamond

Post by TTH » Fri May 28, 2010 3:05 pm

dhatfie1 wrote:
Kentucky has a baseball team. It's called the Cincinnati Reds.

ChinaMex

New

Post by ChinaMex » Fri May 28, 2010 3:12 pm

TTH wrote:
dhatfie1 wrote:
haha but if most people had the choice between a team like the yankees and the reds, which do you think most would choose?

Does that mean you're a Reds fan?

edit: I'm watching the Cubbies game and they just said the Reds are in first...that's surprising haha

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

TTH

Diamond

Post by TTH » Fri May 28, 2010 3:38 pm

ChinaMex wrote:
TTH wrote:
dhatfie1 wrote:
haha but if most people had the choice between a team like the yankees and the reds, which do you think most would choose?

Does that mean you're a Reds fan?

edit: I'm watching the Cubbies game and they just said the Reds are in first...that's surprising haha
The Reds are my NL team, but I'm a diehard Red Sox fan.

Notor

Bronze

Post by Notor » Fri May 28, 2010 4:31 pm

Not to derail the ongoing lovefest for America's past-time, but any word on Moritz Need-Based Grants or any other non-recruitment financial aid? It's been almost a month since the deposit deadline, anyone have any luck with getting additional money reallocated?

TTH

Diamond

Post by TTH » Fri May 28, 2010 8:54 pm

Notor wrote:Not to derail the ongoing lovefest for America's past-time, but any word on Moritz Need-Based Grants or any other non-recruitment financial aid? It's been almost a month since the deposit deadline, anyone have any luck with getting additional money reallocated?
Nada. I'm going to guess that they're waiting for other schools' second deposit deadlines/deadlines to enroll.

dhatfie1

Bronze

Post by dhatfie1 » Fri May 28, 2010 10:24 pm

TTH wrote:
dhatfie1 wrote:
Until this year, I considered them to be triple A, at best.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”