Wisconsin 2010 Application Cycle

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
JCougar

Re: Wisconsin 2010 Application Cycle

Postby JCougar » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:59 pm

What did everyone do for the High School GPA box? I have no idea what mine was. I know for a fact my high school didn't give out class rank. Do they really want to look at that? Do I have to call up my high school tomorrow afternoon and have them send me a copy of my transcript?

And what has everyone done with the speeding tickets box? I probably have about 10 or so traffic tickets in my past, but none of them were serious. Do I have to remember the exact infraction and/or fine and what it was bargained down to? Or can I be general? I honestly can't remember all of them.

I suppose I could call the admissions office some time this coming week and ask what they, but I want to get this done tonight, and was wondering if anyone else had gone through this.

Panther7

Postby Panther7 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:07 pm

JCougar wrote:What did everyone do for the High School GPA box? I have no idea what mine was. I know for a fact my high school didn't give out class rank. Do they really want to look at that? Do I have to call up my high school tomorrow afternoon and have them send me a copy of my transcript?

And what has everyone done with the speeding tickets box? I probably have about 10 or so traffic tickets in my past, but none of them were serious. Do I have to remember the exact infraction and/or fine and what it was bargained down to? Or can I be general? I honestly can't remember all of them.

I suppose I could call the admissions office some time this coming week and ask what they, but I want to get this done tonight, and was wondering if anyone else had gone through this.

HS gpa? i hope i'm not missing it, but i scrambled back to it when you said that, and I'm not seeing it. with tickets they want anything that's not a parking ticket. I disclosed 2 traffic tickets from when i was 17. just gave the location, the infraction, the date, and the finding.

ie, speeding ticket in town of x for imprudent speed of 1-10 mph over speed limit in a 55 mph zone on x/x/xx, pleaded no contest and paid fine.

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:02 pm

Panther7 wrote:
JCougar wrote:What did everyone do for the High School GPA box? I have no idea what mine was. I know for a fact my high school didn't give out class rank. Do they really want to look at that? Do I have to call up my high school tomorrow afternoon and have them send me a copy of my transcript?

HS gpa? i hope i'm not missing it, but i scrambled back to it when you said that, and I'm not seeing it. with tickets they want anything that's not a parking ticket. I disclosed 2 traffic tickets from when i was 17. just gave the location, the infraction, the date, and the finding.

ie, speeding ticket in town of x for imprudent speed of 1-10 mph over speed limit in a 55 mph zone on x/x/xx, pleaded no contest and paid fine.

They have you list your primary school and have a box for class rank and GPA.

Anyway, I don't even remember exactly what my tickets were for or their exact dates. Some of them were over 10 years ago, and it's not like I keep a list. I tried looking them up online on the circut court database, but they're so old they seem to have been purged from there. I got one for doing a rolling stop some time during the spring of when I was 18, one for going through a yellow turning red light when I was that same age. I have no idea what they were bargained down to, the exact dates, etc.

xanderdellus

Postby xanderdellus » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:30 pm

JCougar wrote:
Panther7 wrote:

I got letters from Jurisdictions that purged old tickets stating that they had nothing on file for me.

Anyway, I don't even remember exactly what my tickets were for or their exact dates. Some of them were over 10 years ago, and it's not like I keep a list. I tried looking them up online on the circut court database, but they're so old they seem to have been purged from there. I got one for doing a rolling stop some time during the spring of when I was 18, one for going through a yellow turning red light when I was that same age. I have no idea what they were bargained down to, the exact dates, etc.

tdubsWI

Postby tdubsWI » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:36 pm

Talked to admissions today. December LSAT scores have been received and status checkers should update soon!

Panther7

Postby Panther7 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:57 pm

JCougar wrote:
Panther7 wrote:

Oh, the common information form? I didn't think that was actually part of the application, but a form LSAC uses to automatically fill out as much of the apps as it can for you. At least that's what I've been getting from the few I started. I left the GPA/Rank blank.

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:51 pm

Panther7 wrote:
Oh, the common information form? I didn't think that was actually part of the application, but a form LSAC uses to automatically fill out as much of the apps as it can for you. At least that's what I've been getting from the few I started. I left the GPA/Rank blank.

Yeah, you are right...that was on the common form.

I just talked to them, and they said that as long as you are approximate with your traffic tickets, that is fine. I had to do mine from memory, but this exercise just reminded me that since I turned 16, I have gotten 11 tickets for either speeding or doing a rolling stop at a sign. :( I only have one BS one in the last 4 years though.

JayTal

Postby JayTal » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:27 pm

jayzon wrote:Anyone seeing movement today?

Nope. Still 'In Review'.

But then again, I was accepted at WUSTL back in early December and my status still says complete FWIW.

JayTal

Postby JayTal » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:57 pm

jayzon wrote:
JayTal wrote:
jayzon wrote:Anyone seeing movement today?

Nope. Still 'In Review'.

But then again, I was accepted at WUSTL back in early December and my status still says complete FWIW.

Damn. Congrats on WUSTL!

Haha thanx! My point was simply that I don't trust the status checkers 100%.

Bikeflip

Postby Bikeflip » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:18 pm

In via email yest morning.
168 3.87

lewis louis

Postby lewis louis » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:49 pm

When did you go complete?
Bikeflip wrote:In via email yest morning.
168 3.87

Bikeflip

Postby Bikeflip » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:09 am

lewis louis wrote:When did you go complete?
168 3.87
about 1 week ago. Sent my app out in October was held til December retake

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:21 am

Bikeflip wrote:
168 3.87

What did you get the first time?

Panther7

Postby Panther7 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:09 am

App is in.

Never been a praying man before, but I think I'm going to start! Gonna need all the help I can get.

Bikeflip

Postby Bikeflip » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:42 am

JCougar wrote:
Bikeflip wrote:
168 3.87

What did you get the first time?

JollyGreenGiant

Postby JollyGreenGiant » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:16 pm

jayzon wrote:Hey, people who have been admitted for much longer than I have: how long did you wait to hear about financial aid? Or are you still waiting?

I only got one letter since accepted. And it was just "Hey, look at us! This is what is good about us!"

weis14

Postby weis14 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:08 pm

jayzon wrote:Hey, people who have been admitted for much longer than I have: how long did you wait to hear about financial aid? Or are you still waiting?

I was admitted before Christmas and still have not heard anything about financial aid.

robin600

Postby robin600 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:12 pm

Nothing for me and I'm at the 75th.

coolkatz321

Postby coolkatz321 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:37 pm

weis14 wrote:

I was admitted before Christmas and still have not heard anything about financial aid.

I think they don't start doing financial aid until at least the middle of February. So...another month and a half to go at minimum.

mchrop10

Postby mchrop10 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:13 pm

Still In Review since 11/24...

tik tok, tik tok...

adonai

Postby adonai » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:45 pm

mchrop10 wrote:Still In Review since 11/24...

tik tok, tik tok...

You and I both. Seems like a lot of acceptances have gone out already. Why don't they just send out the rejections already...

mchrop10

Postby mchrop10 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:43 pm

adonai wrote:
mchrop10 wrote:Still In Review since 11/24...

tik tok, tik tok...

You and I both. Seems like a lot of acceptances have gone out already. Why don't they just send out the rejections already...

Hmm...I never thought about that being a reason for us not hearing anything yet, lol :lol:
:)

:?

:oops:

lewis louis

Postby lewis louis » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:35 am

Probably waiting to see if its waitlist or reject. :cry:

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:46 am

Well, I'm off.

I know my numbers right now are borderline, but I do qualify for in-state and I have some softs that should work to my advantage. I think I have a good personal statement, too. It makes me feel better that, looking at last year's stats, someone with similar stats to me got in after working out of state for a bit and coming back. She applied earlier in the cycle, though.

I am signed up for the February LSAT. I still haven't scored up into my PT range, and I hope that having some applications already out will help me relax and concentrate more in 4 weeks. Even just raising my score two points would do wonders.

Panther7

Postby Panther7 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:31 am

JCougar wrote:Well, I'm off.

I know my numbers right now are borderline, but I do qualify for in-state and I have some softs that should work to my advantage. I think I have a good personal statement, too. It makes me feel better that, looking at last year's stats, someone with similar stats to me got in after working out of state for a bit and coming back. She applied earlier in the cycle, though.

I am signed up for the February LSAT. I still haven't scored up into my PT range, and I hope that having some applications already out will help me relax and concentrate more in 4 weeks. Even just raising my score two points would do wonders.

I hear ya, just got mine sent in on the 6th. I'm really excited, but UW doesn't have a reputation for accepting splitters. Hoping my LSAT has them reconsider, I'd give anything to be there.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”