Wisconsin 2010 Application Cycle Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
JCougar

Gold

Re: Wisconsin 2010 Application Cycle

Post by JCougar » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:59 pm

What did everyone do for the High School GPA box? I have no idea what mine was. I know for a fact my high school didn't give out class rank. Do they really want to look at that? Do I have to call up my high school tomorrow afternoon and have them send me a copy of my transcript?

And what has everyone done with the speeding tickets box? I probably have about 10 or so traffic tickets in my past, but none of them were serious. Do I have to remember the exact infraction and/or fine and what it was bargained down to? Or can I be general? I honestly can't remember all of them.

I suppose I could call the admissions office some time this coming week and ask what they, but I want to get this done tonight, and was wondering if anyone else had gone through this.

Panther7

Bronze

Post by Panther7 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:07 pm

JCougar wrote:What did everyone do for the High School GPA box? I have no idea what mine was. I know for a fact my high school didn't give out class rank. Do they really want to look at that? Do I have to call up my high school tomorrow afternoon and have them send me a copy of my transcript?

And what has everyone done with the speeding tickets box? I probably have about 10 or so traffic tickets in my past, but none of them were serious. Do I have to remember the exact infraction and/or fine and what it was bargained down to? Or can I be general? I honestly can't remember all of them.

I suppose I could call the admissions office some time this coming week and ask what they, but I want to get this done tonight, and was wondering if anyone else had gone through this.
HS gpa? i hope i'm not missing it, but i scrambled back to it when you said that, and I'm not seeing it. with tickets they want anything that's not a parking ticket. I disclosed 2 traffic tickets from when i was 17. just gave the location, the infraction, the date, and the finding.

ie, speeding ticket in town of x for imprudent speed of 1-10 mph over speed limit in a 55 mph zone on x/x/xx, pleaded no contest and paid fine.

JCougar

Gold

Post by JCougar » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:02 pm

Panther7 wrote:
JCougar wrote:What did everyone do for the High School GPA box? I have no idea what mine was. I know for a fact my high school didn't give out class rank. Do they really want to look at that? Do I have to call up my high school tomorrow afternoon and have them send me a copy of my transcript?

HS gpa? i hope i'm not missing it, but i scrambled back to it when you said that, and I'm not seeing it. with tickets they want anything that's not a parking ticket. I disclosed 2 traffic tickets from when i was 17. just gave the location, the infraction, the date, and the finding.

ie, speeding ticket in town of x for imprudent speed of 1-10 mph over speed limit in a 55 mph zone on x/x/xx, pleaded no contest and paid fine.
They have you list your primary school and have a box for class rank and GPA.

Anyway, I don't even remember exactly what my tickets were for or their exact dates. Some of them were over 10 years ago, and it's not like I keep a list. I tried looking them up online on the circut court database, but they're so old they seem to have been purged from there. I got one for doing a rolling stop some time during the spring of when I was 18, one for going through a yellow turning red light when I was that same age. I have no idea what they were bargained down to, the exact dates, etc.

xanderdellus

Bronze

Post by xanderdellus » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:30 pm

JCougar wrote:
Panther7 wrote:

I got letters from Jurisdictions that purged old tickets stating that they had nothing on file for me.

Anyway, I don't even remember exactly what my tickets were for or their exact dates. Some of them were over 10 years ago, and it's not like I keep a list. I tried looking them up online on the circut court database, but they're so old they seem to have been purged from there. I got one for doing a rolling stop some time during the spring of when I was 18, one for going through a yellow turning red light when I was that same age. I have no idea what they were bargained down to, the exact dates, etc.

tdubsWI

New

Post by tdubsWI » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:36 pm

Talked to admissions today. December LSAT scores have been received and status checkers should update soon!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Panther7

Bronze

Post by Panther7 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:57 pm

JCougar wrote:
Panther7 wrote:

Oh, the common information form? I didn't think that was actually part of the application, but a form LSAC uses to automatically fill out as much of the apps as it can for you. At least that's what I've been getting from the few I started. I left the GPA/Rank blank.

JCougar

Gold

Post by JCougar » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:51 pm

Panther7 wrote:
Oh, the common information form? I didn't think that was actually part of the application, but a form LSAC uses to automatically fill out as much of the apps as it can for you. At least that's what I've been getting from the few I started. I left the GPA/Rank blank.
Yeah, you are right...that was on the common form.

I just talked to them, and they said that as long as you are approximate with your traffic tickets, that is fine. I had to do mine from memory, but this exercise just reminded me that since I turned 16, I have gotten 11 tickets for either speeding or doing a rolling stop at a sign. :( I only have one BS one in the last 4 years though.

JayTal

Bronze

Post by JayTal » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:27 pm

jayzon wrote:Anyone seeing movement today?
Nope. Still 'In Review'.

But then again, I was accepted at WUSTL back in early December and my status still says complete FWIW.

JayTal

Bronze

Post by JayTal » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:57 pm

jayzon wrote:
JayTal wrote:
jayzon wrote:Anyone seeing movement today?
Nope. Still 'In Review'.

But then again, I was accepted at WUSTL back in early December and my status still says complete FWIW.
Damn. Congrats on WUSTL!
Haha thanx! My point was simply that I don't trust the status checkers 100%.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Bikeflip

Gold

Post by Bikeflip » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:18 pm

In via email yest morning.
168 3.87

lewis louis

Bronze

Post by lewis louis » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:49 pm

When did you go complete?
Bikeflip wrote:In via email yest morning.
168 3.87

Bikeflip

Gold

Post by Bikeflip » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:09 am

lewis louis wrote:When did you go complete?
168 3.87
about 1 week ago. Sent my app out in October was held til December retake

JCougar

Gold

Post by JCougar » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:21 am

Bikeflip wrote:
168 3.87
What did you get the first time?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Panther7

Bronze

Post by Panther7 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:09 am

App is in.

Never been a praying man before, but I think I'm going to start! Gonna need all the help I can get.

Bikeflip

Gold

Post by Bikeflip » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:42 am

JCougar wrote:
Bikeflip wrote:
168 3.87
What did you get the first time?

JollyGreenGiant

Silver

Post by JollyGreenGiant » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:16 pm

jayzon wrote:Hey, people who have been admitted for much longer than I have: how long did you wait to hear about financial aid? Or are you still waiting?
I only got one letter since accepted. And it was just "Hey, look at us! This is what is good about us!"

weis14

New

Post by weis14 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:08 pm

jayzon wrote:Hey, people who have been admitted for much longer than I have: how long did you wait to hear about financial aid? Or are you still waiting?
I was admitted before Christmas and still have not heard anything about financial aid.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:12 pm

Nothing for me and I'm at the 75th.

coolkatz321

Bronze

Post by coolkatz321 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:37 pm

weis14 wrote:
I was admitted before Christmas and still have not heard anything about financial aid.
I think they don't start doing financial aid until at least the middle of February. So...another month and a half to go at minimum.

mchrop10

New

Post by mchrop10 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:13 pm

Still In Review since 11/24...

tik tok, tik tok...

adonai

Silver

Post by adonai » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:45 pm

mchrop10 wrote:Still In Review since 11/24...

tik tok, tik tok...
You and I both. Seems like a lot of acceptances have gone out already. Why don't they just send out the rejections already...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

mchrop10

New

Post by mchrop10 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:43 pm

adonai wrote:
mchrop10 wrote:Still In Review since 11/24...

tik tok, tik tok...
You and I both. Seems like a lot of acceptances have gone out already. Why don't they just send out the rejections already...

Hmm...I never thought about that being a reason for us not hearing anything yet, lol :lol:
:)

:?

:oops:

lewis louis

Bronze

Post by lewis louis » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:35 am

Probably waiting to see if its waitlist or reject. :cry:

JCougar

Gold

Post by JCougar » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:46 am

Well, I'm off.

I know my numbers right now are borderline, but I do qualify for in-state and I have some softs that should work to my advantage. I think I have a good personal statement, too. It makes me feel better that, looking at last year's stats, someone with similar stats to me got in after working out of state for a bit and coming back. She applied earlier in the cycle, though.

I am signed up for the February LSAT. I still haven't scored up into my PT range, and I hope that having some applications already out will help me relax and concentrate more in 4 weeks. Even just raising my score two points would do wonders.

Panther7

Bronze

Post by Panther7 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:31 am

JCougar wrote:Well, I'm off.

I know my numbers right now are borderline, but I do qualify for in-state and I have some softs that should work to my advantage. I think I have a good personal statement, too. It makes me feel better that, looking at last year's stats, someone with similar stats to me got in after working out of state for a bit and coming back. She applied earlier in the cycle, though.

I am signed up for the February LSAT. I still haven't scored up into my PT range, and I hope that having some applications already out will help me relax and concentrate more in 4 weeks. Even just raising my score two points would do wonders.
I hear ya, just got mine sent in on the 6th. I'm really excited, but UW doesn't have a reputation for accepting splitters. Hoping my LSAT has them reconsider, I'd give anything to be there.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”