Wisconsin 2010 Application Cycle

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
adonai
Posts: 1033
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:09 pm

Wisconsin 2010 Application Cycle

Postby adonai » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:33 am

Searched around for Wisconsin '10 app thread, but didn't find one so here it is. Strangely enough, there's already a Wisconsin class of 2013 thread in one of the other forums. Either Wisconsin has already started admitting students, or we have some really optimistic/enthusiastic students gunning for Wisconsin this cycle 8)

You can find the Wisconsin Class of 2013 thread here: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=83133

Good luck to all!
Last edited by adonai on Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:19 am, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
t_flores08
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:41 am

Re: Wisconsin 2010 Application Cycle

Postby t_flores08 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:35 am

just submitted my app a few hours ago. Good luck!

tamlyric
Posts: 656
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: Wisconsin 2010 Application Cycle

Postby tamlyric » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:35 am

adonai wrote:Searched around for Wisconsin '10 app thread, but didn't find one so here it is. Strangely enough, there's already a Wisconsin class of 2013 thread in one of the other forums.

Went complete last week around 11/5.


How long did it take to get your status checker going after you submitted your app? Thanks!

Looks like we might be applying to a lot of the same schools (see also the Iowa thread). Good luck!

User avatar
coolkatz321
Posts: 436
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:31 pm

Re: Wisconsin 2010 Application Cycle

Postby coolkatz321 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:36 am

Nice to finally see this thread! I wish everyone the best of luck, and hope to see some future classmates on here!

I'm happy to answer any questions people have about the area or the application process...I'm just glad I don't have to relive it!
Last edited by coolkatz321 on Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

adonai
Posts: 1033
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:09 pm

Re: Wisconsin 2010 Application Cycle

Postby adonai » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:39 am

tamlyric wrote:
adonai wrote:Searched around for Wisconsin '10 app thread, but didn't find one so here it is. Strangely enough, there's already a Wisconsin class of 2013 thread in one of the other forums.



How long did it take to get your status checker going after you submitted your app? Thanks!

Looks like we might be applying to a lot of the same schools (see also the Iowa thread). Good luck!

There is no status checker. I sent around October and received an email stating my application was received. About a week and half later I got an email saying I was complete and that my file was now in line for review. From roaming around LSN, Wisconsin sends decisions via snail mail in a small letter. Yep, seems like Wisconsin and Iowa go hand in hand for those interested in the schools/area. Good luck to you too!
Last edited by adonai on Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

tamlyric
Posts: 656
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: Wisconsin 2010 Application Cycle

Postby tamlyric » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:40 am

adonai wrote:
tamlyric wrote:
adonai wrote:Searched around for Wisconsin '10 app thread, but didn't find one so here it is. Strangely enough, there's already a Wisconsin class of 2013 thread in one of the other forums.

Went complete last week around 11/5.


How long did it take to get your status checker going after you submitted your app? Thanks!

Looks like we might be applying to a lot of the same schools (see also the Iowa thread). Good luck!

There is no status checker. I sent around 10/25 and received an email stating my application was received. About a week and half later I got an email saying I was complete and that my file was now in line for review. Yep, seems like Wisconsin and Iowa go hand in hand for those interested in the schools/area. Good luck to you too!


Thanks!

mchrop10
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:57 pm

Re: Wisconsin 2010 Application Cycle

Postby mchrop10 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:53 am

Application sent 10/29...

Still no e-mail yet confirming that my application is complete :(

adonai
Posts: 1033
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:09 pm

Re: Wisconsin 2010 Application Cycle

Postby adonai » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:00 am

coolkatz321 wrote:Nice to finally see this thread! I wish everyone the best of luck, and hope to see some future classmates on here!

I'm happy to answer any questions people have about the area or the application process...I'm just glad I don't have to relive it!

How long did it take for you to get to decision from complete? :)

User avatar
coolkatz321
Posts: 436
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:31 pm

Re: Wisconsin 2010 Application Cycle

Postby coolkatz321 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:21 am

adonai wrote:
coolkatz321 wrote:Nice to finally see this thread! I wish everyone the best of luck, and hope to see some future classmates on here!

I'm happy to answer any questions people have about the area or the application process...I'm just glad I don't have to relive it!

How long did it take for you to get to decision from complete? :)


I got the "waitlist" decision at the end of January, which I believe is when they start sending out their decisions. If anyone does get waitlisted, I got off at the very end of April...3 days after submitting my deposit to Illinois. Nothing like losing money...

Good luck to everyone on their apps!

mchrop10
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:57 pm

Re: Wisconsin 2010 Application Cycle

Postby mchrop10 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:44 pm

Complete as of today (via e-mail)

User avatar
superflush
Posts: 1305
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:45 am

Re: Wisconsin 2010 Application Cycle

Postby superflush » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:22 am

adonai wrote:Strangely enough, there's already a Wisconsin class of 2013 thread in one of the other forums. Either Wisconsin has already started admitting students, or we have some really optimistic/enthusiastic students gunning for Wisconsin this cycle 8)


yes, we do

User avatar
coolkatz321
Posts: 436
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:31 pm

Re: Wisconsin 2010 Application Cycle

Postby coolkatz321 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:16 am

superflush wrote:
adonai wrote:Strangely enough, there's already a Wisconsin class of 2013 thread in one of the other forums. Either Wisconsin has already started admitting students, or we have some really optimistic/enthusiastic students gunning for Wisconsin this cycle 8)


yes, we do


Or, you just have students who were accepted last cycle and deferred their admission. :mrgreen:

User avatar
xanderdellus
Posts: 156
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:58 am

Re: Wisconsin 2010 Application Cycle

Postby xanderdellus » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:52 am

I just got the received email.

User avatar
tdubsWI
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: Wisconsin 2010 Application Cycle

Postby tdubsWI » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:23 am

I went complete last month, but I guess I made myself "incomplete" again when I decided to re-take the LSAT this December...

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: Wisconsin 2010 Application Cycle

Postby robin600 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:34 am

jayzon wrote:I posted this in a separate thread, but perhaps this would be more appropriate here: has anyone submitted a Diversity Statement to Wisconsin?

yes

User avatar
ATOIsp07
Posts: 333
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 9:53 pm

Re: Wisconsin 2010 Application Cycle

Postby ATOIsp07 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:17 pm

jayzon wrote:I posted this in a separate thread, but perhaps this would be more appropriate here: has anyone submitted a Diversity Statement to Wisconsin?


I will be submitting a diversity statement to wisconsin. I'm sending in my applications by next week.

Elysium09
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:19 am

Re: Wisconsin 2010 Application Cycle

Postby Elysium09 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:02 pm

Yay Wisconsin
Last edited by Elysium09 on Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
superflush
Posts: 1305
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:45 am

Re: Wisconsin 2010 Application Cycle

Postby superflush » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:08 pm

Elysium09 wrote:Hey Guys,

I'm trying to figure out what my chances are at getting into Wisconsin.
What do you guys think?

thanks!


in-state?

Elysium09
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:19 am

Re: Wisconsin 2010 Application Cycle

Postby Elysium09 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:12 pm

superflush wrote:
Elysium09 wrote:Hey Guys,

I'm trying to figure out what my chances are at getting into Wisconsin.
What do you guys think?

thanks!


in-state?


From the midwest, but not Wisconsin.

User avatar
superflush
Posts: 1305
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:45 am

Re: Wisconsin 2010 Application Cycle

Postby superflush » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:13 pm

Elysium09 wrote:I have a low LSAT (155) and a LSDAS GPA of 3.61.[strike]I wrote an addendum explaining how I have a bad testing history, which somewhat proves that my scores are not good predictors for academic success. I took the ACT 3 times and the SAT twice, both earned me very low scores. Yet I was valedictorian in my high school class with 4.32 GPA, attended an Ivy, etc.[/strike]


hate to tell you this. but this isn't really that important. Admissions officers know how to interpret the LSAT. However, this is maybe one of the only good arguments about having a low LSAT score (that test scores always score you low).
Last edited by superflush on Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
superflush
Posts: 1305
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:45 am

Re: Wisconsin 2010 Application Cycle

Postby superflush » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:15 pm

Elysium09 wrote:
superflush wrote:in-state?


From the midwest, but not Wisconsin.


Are you from Minnesota? I'm not sure if that counts as Wisconsin anyway.

User avatar
JollyGreenGiant
Posts: 995
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:12 pm

Re: Wisconsin 2010 Application Cycle

Postby JollyGreenGiant » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:22 pm

superflush wrote:
Elysium09 wrote:
superflush wrote:in-state?


From the midwest, but not Wisconsin.


Are you from Minnesota? I'm not sure if that counts as Wisconsin anyway.

Being from Minnesota wouldn't give a bump. Only Wisconsin. Minnesota people get lessened tuition, though.

And a 3.61/155 LSAT is likely waitlisted or denied. You might get in off the waitlist but those odds are very very slim. Unless you are an URM.


I just recently went complete at Wisconsin. They seem to take a little bit longer than most schools I've applied to in terms of communication.

User avatar
superflush
Posts: 1305
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:45 am

Re: Wisconsin 2010 Application Cycle

Postby superflush » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:28 pm

JollyGreenGiant wrote:Being from Minnesota wouldn't give a bump. Only Wisconsin. Minnesota people get lessened tuition, though.

And a 3.61/155 LSAT is likely waitlisted or denied. You might get in off the waitlist but those odds are very very slim.


Okay, so they couldn't use it for their quota.

Anyway, I agree. I don't see you getting in, unless it is off the waitlist.

adonai
Posts: 1033
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:09 pm

Re: Wisconsin 2010 Application Cycle

Postby adonai » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:59 pm

Got a status checker in the email today and it says I am in review :shock:

mchrop10
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:57 pm

Re: Wisconsin 2010 Application Cycle

Postby mchrop10 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:51 pm

In review since 11/24...

Anyone know what the usual turn around time is from being in review to hearing back from Wisconsin?

Maybe I should give them a call today?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: azaleafire, hammy393, hellohalo, kthrynf, PDX4343, pkalltheway, samsamthomas, sjs12 and 7 guests