U Iowa 2010 App Cycle Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
charlesjd

Bronze

Re: U Iowa 2010 App Cycle

Post by charlesjd » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:32 am

When did you guys on hold go complete? Also, anyone care to give LSP % of Iowa who were held?

millieb

New

Post by millieb » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:46 am

I'm a little insulted about being their "worst-case scenario" on the 2nd review list but I'd still like an acceptance. Although OOS tuition has passed the $40,000 mark :cry:

charlesjd

Bronze

Post by charlesjd » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:46 am

millieb wrote:I'm a little insulted about being their "worst-case scenario" on the 2nd review list but I'd still like an acceptance. Although OOS tuition has passed the $40,000 mark :cry:
how did you find out? call right?

charlesjd

Bronze

Post by charlesjd » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:50 am

It almost seems like they havent accepted many people since those who went complete mid december based on LSN.

millieb

New

Post by millieb » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:53 am

charlesjd wrote:
millieb wrote:I'm a little insulted about being their "worst-case scenario" on the 2nd review list but I'd still like an acceptance. Although OOS tuition has passed the $40,000 mark :cry:
They sent me an email last week. The call I got this morning turned out to be about my upcoming campus visit.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

charlesjd

Bronze

Post by charlesjd » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:56 am

millieb wrote:
charlesjd wrote:
They sent me an email last week. The call I got this morning turned out to be about my upcoming campus visit.
ahhh that would help

MoS

Bronze

Post by MoS » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:42 am

jaskat wrote:How generous have they been in the past? Everyone seems so excited about partial scholarships.
17.5% get full tuition 7.3% half tuition and 5.1% get less than half tution

MoS

Bronze

Post by MoS » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:53 am

Oh yeah and I asked the career service people for a break down of where people work after graduation by state (different than their website that is regional) here it is:
REGION STATE # OF JOBS REPORTED

New England Maine 1

New Hampshire 1

Vermont 1

Mid-Atlantic New Jersey 2

New York 3

Pennsylvania 3

E. North Central Illinois 34

Michigan 2

Ohio 2

Wisconsin 3

W. North Central Iowa 66

Kansas 2

Minnesota 11

Missouri 9

Nebraska 2

South Dakota 1

South Atlantic Delaware 1

Washington, DC 13

Florida 2

Georgia 2

W. South Central Louisiana 1

Texas 4

Mountain Arizona 1

Colorado 7

Nevada 4

Utah 2

Pacific California 10

Hawaii 1

Oregon 1

Washington 1

lawschooliseasy

Bronze

Post by lawschooliseasy » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:25 pm

Has Iowa given any of the Decembre LSAT takers a fullride yet?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Jerome

Bronze

Post by Jerome » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:04 pm

Just out of curiosity - has everyone that has been accepted received an e-mail from an Iowa alum?

Of those that have, did you receive a scholarship? If you didn't get an e-mail from an alum did you get any $$?

jaskat

Bronze

Post by jaskat » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:27 pm

Jerome wrote:Just out of curiosity - has everyone that has been accepted received an e-mail from an Iowa alum?

Of those that have, did you receive a scholarship? If you didn't get an e-mail from an alum did you get any $$?
I just got a letter from an alum. I think I've heard that it's common practice for Iowa. I have yet to find out about any scholarship info.

narkizopoint

Bronze

Post by narkizopoint » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:19 pm

Jerome wrote:Just out of curiosity - has everyone that has been accepted received an e-mail from an Iowa alum?

Recieved email but no $$ yet

Slimpee

Silver

Post by Slimpee » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:23 pm

narkizopoint wrote:

I asked yesterday about partial schollys and the lady said that they're waiting to hear back on offers...

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

lawhawk

Bronze

Post by lawhawk » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:25 pm

Got admitted in November and no scholly.

Slimpee

Silver

Post by Slimpee » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:05 pm

Nightrunner wrote:Got admitted in January and no scholly.

Any idea how long I should plan on waiting? I'm ready to withdraw soon, if there is no financial aid.
My guess is mid-March

Jerome

Bronze

Post by Jerome » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:18 pm

Slimpee wrote:
narkizopoint wrote:

I asked yesterday about partial schollys and the lady said that they're waiting to hear back on offers...
Meaning that they will award partials dependent on how many take the fulls that have been awarded?

Slimpee

Silver

Post by Slimpee » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:20 pm

Jerome wrote:
Slimpee wrote:
narkizopoint wrote:

Meaning that they will award partials dependent on how many take the fulls that have been awarded?
I believe so, yes

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:12 pm

Slimpee wrote:
Jerome wrote: Meaning that they will award partials dependent on how many take the fulls that have been awarded?
I believe so, yes
I was told that if you don't hear anything by March 15th you're not getting anything.

narkizopoint

Bronze

Post by narkizopoint » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:37 pm

robin600 wrote:
Slimpee wrote:
Jerome wrote: Meaning that they will award partials dependent on how many take the fulls that have been awarded?
I believe so, yes
I was told that if you don't hear anything by March 15th you're not getting anything.
Yeah, March 15th was the date I was told also.

Jerome

Bronze

Post by Jerome » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:21 pm

Received a letter from Dean Jones in the mail today, saying they were pleased to offer me admission, hope I will give full consideration, described the law reviews, clinics, research assistantships, and institutes, etc. Then went on to say they were particularly "intrigued" by my WE (referenced by name), and to contact them if I had any questions about these programs or the school in general. Lastly offered to speak to me individually, set up a class visit, provide tour, meet with a professor doing research in a field in which I was interested, etc.

I was shocked, basically, given my middling numbers. Any one else get this kind of letter?

dt22

Bronze

Post by dt22 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:42 pm

Jerome wrote:Received a letter from Dean Jones in the mail today, saying they were pleased to offer me admission, hope I will give full consideration, described the law reviews, clinics, research assistantships, and institutes, etc. Then went on to say they were particularly "intrigued" by my WE (referenced by name), and to contact them if I had any questions about these programs or the school in general. Lastly offered to speak to me individually, set up a class visit, provide tour, meet with a professor doing research in a field in which I was interested, etc.

I was shocked, basically, given my middling numbers. Any one else get this kind of letter?

No...but I have gotten like 3 emails congratulating me and a couple paper letters, one with a hand-written comment on it - i love their personal touches!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

narkizopoint

Bronze

Post by narkizopoint » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:28 am

Jerome wrote:Received a letter from Dean Jones in the mail today, saying they were pleased to offer me admission, hope I will give full consideration, described the law reviews, clinics, research assistantships, and institutes, etc. Then went on to say they were particularly "intrigued" by my WE (referenced by name), and to contact them if I had any questions about these programs or the school in general. Lastly offered to speak to me individually, set up a class visit, provide tour, meet with a professor doing research in a field in which I was interested, etc.

Dude, sounds awesome. I would be pretty stoked to get a letter like that, needless to say-no I haven't gotton one.

JOThompson

Silver

Post by JOThompson » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:09 am

There was a handwritten comment about my PS, but it was otherwise a generic letter. Congrats, Jerome!

ylee0331

New

Post by ylee0331 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:37 pm

OMG, I would definitely want to receive such a letter.

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:03 pm

I got something similar, telling me that they would put me in touch with a professor in the public interest field and they did, she sent me an email. Also mentioned my strong academic motivation and willingness to proceed through hard times.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”