Chapman Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
pauldoeslaw

New

Re: Chapman

Post by pauldoeslaw » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:38 pm

swiard wrote:In w/full tuition scholarship renewable with a 3.0...got scholarship info with snail mail acceptance
How long after you were accepted did it take for the snail mail to reach your door?

swiard

New

Post by swiard » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:45 pm

3 days

Accepted via status checker 1/11. Acceptance letter/Scholarship info 1/14

pauldoeslaw

New

Post by pauldoeslaw » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:47 pm

swiard wrote:3 days

Accepted via status checker 1/11. Acceptance letter/Scholarship info 1/14
Awesome, thanks =].

hans3n

Bronze

Post by hans3n » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:52 pm

With the possibility of a new dean, any thoughts on how that would affect the law school?

http://www.flashreport.org/blog.php?pos ... 0817100507

twert

Bronze

Post by twert » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:56 pm

hans3n wrote:With the possibility of a new dean, any thoughts on how that would affect the law school?

any current chapman students lurking about?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

JOE!

New

Post by JOE! » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:04 pm

twert wrote:
hans3n wrote:With the possibility of a new dean, any thoughts on how that would affect the law school?

I'm a 2L at Chapman... what I hear is that Dean Eastman would probably take a sabbatical (of course this is not really reliable information, just what people are saying). I don't know anyone who doesn't love Eastman (on either side of the political spectrum), and the general feeling is that there are too many "ifs" to worry about this yet.

twert

Bronze

Post by twert » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:23 pm

JOE! wrote:
twert wrote:

I'm a 2L at Chapman... what I hear is that Dean Eastman would probably take a sabbatical (of course this is not really reliable information, just what people are saying). I don't know anyone who doesn't love Eastman (on either side of the political spectrum), and the general feeling is that there are too many "ifs" to worry about this yet.
thanks Joe. i'm very seriously considering chapman right now. how are job prospects looking for you as a 2L?

socalren

New

Post by socalren » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:25 pm

twert wrote:
JOE! wrote:
twert wrote:

thanks Joe. i'm very seriously considering chapman right now. how are job prospects looking for you as a 2L?
I just want in on this thread, I've been admitted with 100% tuition scholarship.

twert

Bronze

Post by twert » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:34 pm

i got the full scholarship too. i wasn't seriously considering chapman but the more i think about it the better it sounds.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

socalren

New

Post by socalren » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:40 pm

twert wrote:i got the full scholarship too. i wasn't seriously considering chapman but the more i think about it the better it sounds.
I'm there with you, get out of school near debt free. Are you going to the open house this weekend?

JOE!

New

Post by JOE! » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:34 pm

twert wrote:thanks Joe. i'm very seriously considering chapman right now. how are job prospects looking for you as a 2L?
It's hard for everyone right now, but I have a job lined up that I'm really excited about. I got that job from a blind mass mailing of resumes. A lot of people are doing public interest stuff this summer, but there are also a lot of smaller employers around here that have had good experiences with Chapman students, so they keep coming back.

I'm also a student ambassador, so anyone going to the open house this weekend should say hi (pretty sure I'm the only student ambassador named Joe).

pauldoeslaw

New

Post by pauldoeslaw » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:40 pm

twert wrote:i got the full scholarship too. i wasn't seriously considering chapman but the more i think about it the better it sounds.
I'm in a similar camp as well. I just got the open house email, wish I had known about it sooner!

acrossthepond

New

Post by acrossthepond » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:54 pm

I was accepted on Jan 4th - the same day they received my file. Full ride. I am considering it a safety.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

twert

Bronze

Post by twert » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:04 pm

socalren wrote:
I'm there with you, get out of school near debt free. Are you going to the open house this weekend?
i wish i could, its a nearly 12 hour drive from northern california. what's frustrating is that i was just down there over break visiting my parents. why couldn't they have had the event then?

zeth006

Silver

Post by zeth006 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:17 am

twert wrote:
socalren wrote:
i wish i could, its a nearly 12 hour drive from northern california. what's frustrating is that i was just down there over break visiting my parents. why couldn't they have had the event then?

Awww, heck. If I have nothing else better to do, I'll drop on by too. It ends at 4pm, which is a couple of hours before I meet with my buddies for dinner and pool.

This tough economy and the subsequent 10%+ jump in law school applications/LSAT takers is making me feel uncomfortable about my security. If I'm unable to secure a decent deal with Loyola/UCD/USD/Pepperdine, I may have to hop on over to Chapman. It's a 15-20 min drive from my house and if I work out some kind of deal with my parents, I could come out of law school with close to zero debt and just take my time in finding a job in the area. That's of course assuming I got at least a moderately good scholarship offer from them. I just used their status checker for the first time today, which is 3 weeks from when I applied, and got my acceptance decision.

I'm guessing I'll get the scholly letter via snail mail Saturday.

EDIT: Snail mail letter arrived today. Full tuition ride. Guess with Chapman entering top 100, I'll be going SOMEWHERE.

84Sunbird2000

Silver

Post by 84Sunbird2000 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:35 pm

I applied on the 21st, had my LSDAS report go out the 22nd, and looked at the status checker just to see if my file was complete, and saw "admitted" - now that's service! Admittedly, it's a safety (pun intended).

kcolo

New

Post by kcolo » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:33 pm

I recently applied for the PT program. Has everyone had a fairly quick turnaround?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

twert

Bronze

Post by twert » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:22 pm

kwhitegocubs wrote:I applied on the 21st, had my LSDAS report go out the 22nd, and looked at the status checker just to see if my file was complete, and saw "admitted" - now that's service! Admittedly, it's a safety (pun intended).
that's how it was for me. i got a full scholarship offer postmarked the same day i got admitted. they really don't waste time.

twert

Bronze

Post by twert » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:53 pm

anyone get the letter about "scholars weekend?"

zeth006

Silver

Post by zeth006 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:00 am

twert wrote:anyone get the letter about "scholars weekend?"
Yep. March 11-13. 2 night stay at the Double Tree+tour of campus and the classes+yacht cruise, baby!

I don't know whether I'll be going to Chapman, but either way, I might just go on the cruise just for kicks and giggles. :lol:
Last edited by zeth006 on Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

twert

Bronze

Post by twert » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:05 am

zeth006 wrote:
Yep. March 11-13. 2 night stay at the Double Tree+tour of campus and the classes+yacht cruise, baby!

I don't know whether I'll be going to Chapman, but either way, I might just go on the cruise just for giggles. :lol:
do all schools do this?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

zeth006

Silver

Post by zeth006 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:25 am

twert wrote:
zeth006 wrote:

I don't know whether I'll be going to Chapman, but either way, I might just go on the cruise just for giggles. :lol:
do all schools do this?

Doubt it!

I've heard Chapman does this for its full scholarship students. It's a rising star among schools not listed in the top 100 rankings. I'm told that it'll be entering the rankings sometime within the next 2-3 years.

Friend told me about her friend who got a 175 and a 3.9 UG GPA. They took her on a cruise and convinced her to stay with them as opposed to Stanford. Supposedly she likes it there and is graduating this year. Only bad thing about Chapman is that it's fairly new, so the alumni network isn't very strong. Someone else on the Chapman school discussion who goes there said law firms in the area actually like Chapman. By now, they've accumulated a decent number of Chapman associates and partners, so they still visit Chapman every year to recruit new employees.

Oh, and I'm not a shill, so please don't accuse me of being one. Just a guy who's anxiously awaiting letters and money offers from other schools. After I got a measly $3k scholly offer from Santa Clara,no merit offer from SD, I'm seriously thinking about Chapman. I'll have to wait until all the rest of my admit/rejection/WL letters and the need-based financial aid offers come in before making my decision.
Last edited by zeth006 on Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

exitlane

New

Post by exitlane » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:34 am

This was my first acceptance/response from any school. I applied 2/22 and was accepted 2/25--I checked via online status check. So how did u find out about full scholarship?

zeth006

Silver

Post by zeth006 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:36 am

exitlane wrote:This was my first acceptance/response from any school. I applied 2/22 and was accepted 2/25--I checked via online status check. So how did u find out about full scholarship?
Your acceptance letter comes in via snail mail alongside your full scholarship offer.

Don't worry, if your numbers are decent enough, you probably got it too. The online status checker doesn't tell you whether you got a scholly. Most other schools will just tell you whether a decision was rendered or whether it's still in progress. Chapman was the only school that actually says yes or no online.

EDIT: You mean you got accepted on 1/25 hehe.

twintipping_bumps

Bronze

Post by twintipping_bumps » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:20 pm

I got the scholars mail today. I mean, that's pretty serious. All expenses paid trip to the area - that's heavy.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”