U of San Diego Fall 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
algren
Posts: 202
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:50 am

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby algren » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:49 pm

uwb09 wrote:
msbeautifulbasham wrote:Does anyone know when the USD Financial Aid form is due?

I don't know, but it asks for USD Law School ID, and i haven't been admitted yet, so kinda hard to turn it in :?


Someone very early on in this thread asked the admissions office about that ID field and they said to just leave it blank and send it in.

User avatar
erico
Posts: 232
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:56 am

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby erico » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:58 pm

algren wrote:
uwb09 wrote:
msbeautifulbasham wrote:Does anyone know when the USD Financial Aid form is due?

I don't know, but it asks for USD Law School ID, and i haven't been admitted yet, so kinda hard to turn it in :?


Someone very early on in this thread asked the admissions office about that ID field and they said to just leave it blank and send it in.


that's what i did.

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby Veritas » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:02 pm

erico wrote:
that's what i did.

wow you got home quick!

User avatar
erico
Posts: 232
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:56 am

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby erico » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:06 pm

Veritas wrote:
erico wrote:
that's what i did.

wow you got home quick!


no traffic really. had some mail from chicago kent waiting for me when i got home too.

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby Veritas » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:20 pm

erico wrote:
Veritas wrote:
erico wrote:
that's what i did.

wow you got home quick!


no traffic really. had some mail from chicago kent waiting for me when i got home too.

nice! I had nothing... :| another day.

Today was solid though, great meeting you guys.

adonai
Posts: 1033
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:09 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby adonai » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:21 pm

msbeautifulbasham wrote:Does anyone know when the USD Financial Aid form is due?

are you supposed to fill out and turn in this form even though you haven't been admitted yet?
[edit] nvm, it is to be filled out and sent in after admission.
Last edited by adonai on Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
uwb09
Posts: 574
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:09 am

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby uwb09 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:57 pm

algren wrote:
uwb09 wrote:
msbeautifulbasham wrote:Does anyone know when the USD Financial Aid form is due?

I don't know, but it asks for USD Law School ID, and i haven't been admitted yet, so kinda hard to turn it in :?


Someone very early on in this thread asked the admissions office about that ID field and they said to just leave it blank and send it in.

thank you

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby Veritas » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:14 pm

sundaynightdelite wrote:
Veritas wrote:Hey, if anyone else is interested in meeting up, send me a PM!


I'll be doing the panel, try and guess which one I am!

I totally sat next to you at lunch, I think...

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby Veritas » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:36 pm

went to the ASD today at USD (met some v. cool people)

employment stats are coming in at 92% employed at graduation for 2009 (no breakdown on the type of work except 4% in grad programs)

umm, the talked about the weather a lot, and I mean it was like their #1 selling point it seemed.

Professors seem really awesome, tbh. Good community feel from the students and the profs, everyone was pretty engaging.

Career services seems really gung-ho. The lady in charge of Career services is really impressive. NU grad, Jones Day associate and recruiter - very cool lady.

If there was something that really impressed me, it would have to be the sense of community. It also felt like students are really well supported. I heard more than once about academic support being really excellent and career services has adjusted to the current market (trying to reach USD grads into other markets, like a LA hiring program)

Scholarships are kind of in a hold pattern right now, waiting for deposits. They do plan on sending out more. Also, if you do well your first year you can get full tuition for second and third year (like if you end up in the top 10% or so and keep it up). If you end up falling out of the top 10% your scholarship goes back to whatever scholarship bracket you fall in to.

While at the end of the day I was able to decide that USD prolly isn't going to be my school of choice, I think it's a terrific institution and one that will serve you well in San Diego and So Cal, in general.

User avatar
erico
Posts: 232
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:56 am

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby erico » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:48 pm

Veritas wrote:
erico wrote:
Veritas wrote:
erico wrote:
that's what i did.

wow you got home quick!


no traffic really. had some mail from chicago kent waiting for me when i got home too.

nice! I had nothing... :| another day.

Today was solid though, great meeting you guys.


Yeah, I was glad to have some cool people to talk to with tls as the icebreaker. I don't care what the lsn creepers say, you're all right.

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby Veritas » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:50 pm

erico wrote:
Yeah, I was glad to have some cool people to talk to with tls as the icebreaker. I don't care what the lsn creepers say, you're all right.

:lol: "all right" ? come on, I'm totally awesome.

msbeautifulbasham
Posts: 206
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:00 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby msbeautifulbasham » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:03 am

Veritas wrote:

While at the end of the day I was able to decide that USD prolly isn't going to be my school of choice, I think it's a terrific institution and one that will serve you well in San Diego and So Cal, in general.


So, where do you think you are headed?

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby Veritas » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:04 am

msbeautifulbasham wrote:
Veritas wrote:

While at the end of the day I was able to decide that USD prolly isn't going to be my school of choice, I think it's a terrific institution and one that will serve you well in San Diego and So Cal, in general.


So, where do you think you are headed?

I have no idea :lol: I'm still waiting on about five schools that can make a difference. But with my current options, I would choose BU, ND and CU over USD.

msbeautifulbasham
Posts: 206
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:00 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby msbeautifulbasham » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:46 am

Veritas wrote:
msbeautifulbasham wrote:
Veritas wrote:

While at the end of the day I was able to decide that USD prolly isn't going to be my school of choice, I think it's a terrific institution and one that will serve you well in San Diego and So Cal, in general.


So, where do you think you are headed?

I have no idea :lol: I'm still waiting on about five schools that can make a difference. But with my current options, I would choose BU, ND and CU over USD.

Sounds like you've got a lot to think throught, but those are all great choices. Good luck wherever you end up! :)

Inygma
Posts: 629
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:11 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby Inygma » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:02 am

Veritas wrote:went to the ASD today at USD (met some v. cool people)

employment stats are coming in at 92% employed at graduation for 2009 (no breakdown on the type of work except 4% in grad programs)

umm, the talked about the weather a lot, and I mean it was like their #1 selling point it seemed.

Professors seem really awesome, tbh. Good community feel from the students and the profs, everyone was pretty engaging.

Career services seems really gung-ho. The lady in charge of Career services is really impressive. NU grad, Jones Day associate and recruiter - very cool lady.

If there was something that really impressed me, it would have to be the sense of community. It also felt like students are really well supported. I heard more than once about academic support being really excellent and career services has adjusted to the current market (trying to reach USD grads into other markets, like a LA hiring program)

Scholarships are kind of in a hold pattern right now, waiting for deposits. They do plan on sending out more. Also, if you do well your first year you can get full tuition for second and third year (like if you end up in the top 10% or so and keep it up). If you end up falling out of the top 10% your scholarship goes back to whatever scholarship bracket you fall in to.

While at the end of the day I was able to decide that USD prolly isn't going to be my school of choice, I think it's a terrific institution and one that will serve you well in San Diego and So Cal, in general.


+1

Beautiful school, seems to do quite alright in San Diego. Though during the last panel of students, the two 3L's scared me with not having jobs lined up.

Inygma
Posts: 629
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:11 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby Inygma » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:09 am

sundaynightdelite wrote:
Veritas wrote:Hey, if anyone else is interested in meeting up, send me a PM!


I'll be doing the panel, try and guess which one I am!


Do many people hold your views expressed in your religion/gay marriage thread at USD?

You seemed like quite a nice person on the panel, but now...................................

User avatar
StoneontaState
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:11 am

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby StoneontaState » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:13 am

Anyone know when the first deposit is for USD and if most of their decisions will be made by then?

User avatar
uwb09
Posts: 574
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:09 am

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby uwb09 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:39 pm

FYI

I e-mailed in the financial aid application form from their website, and I got this response

"xxxxx, this form will be provided to you upon admittance and it is best to submit it at that time because you are not in our financial aid system. Thank you. "

msbeautifulbasham
Posts: 206
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:00 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby msbeautifulbasham » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:13 pm

StoneontaState wrote:Anyone know when the first deposit is for USD and if most of their decisions will be made by then?

Deposit is Due April 15

Also, there is no deadline for the Institutional Financial Aid Application.

fcowrx
Posts: 122
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:44 am

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby fcowrx » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:54 pm

msbeautifulbasham wrote:
StoneontaState wrote:Anyone know when the first deposit is for USD and if most of their decisions will be made by then?

Deposit is Due April 15

Also, there is no deadline for the Institutional Financial Aid Application.


Pretty sure you need to turn it in before June 1

msbeautifulbasham
Posts: 206
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:00 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby msbeautifulbasham » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:57 pm

fcowrx wrote:
msbeautifulbasham wrote:
StoneontaState wrote:Anyone know when the first deposit is for USD and if most of their decisions will be made by then?

Deposit is Due April 15

Also, there is no deadline for the Institutional Financial Aid Application.


Pretty sure you need to turn it in before June 1

OK, that might be true. Thanks for clearing that up for everyone. I just meant no immediate deadline. I called USD to ask if there a deadline for that form, and they said there wasn't. He said the only deadline I need to worry about is that March 2 (today) is the priority deadline for adding USD to your FAFSA.

mango26
Posts: 294
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:16 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby mango26 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:43 pm

i've been complete since 01/20. (3.3, 163, non-URM). does this seem normal? i'm sure it is and i'm just being overly anxious...
also, does usd prefer california residents?

User avatar
J Burrito
Posts: 217
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:21 am

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby J Burrito » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:04 am

mango26 wrote:i've been complete since 01/20. (3.3, 163, non-URM). does this seem normal? i'm sure it is and i'm just being overly anxious...
also, does usd prefer california residents?


I have about the same numbers as you and I've been complete since 1/13... I hope it's normal! I think, at this point, it's okay to be overly anxious. I know I am!

mango26
Posts: 294
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:16 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby mango26 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:08 am

J Burrito wrote:
mango26 wrote:i've been complete since 01/20. (3.3, 163, non-URM). does this seem normal? i'm sure it is and i'm just being overly anxious...
also, does usd prefer california residents?


I have about the same numbers as you and I've been complete since 1/13... I hope it's normal! I think, at this point, it's okay to be overly anxious. I know I am!


my gpa is probably too low, but do you think we have any chance at $?
good luck!!

User avatar
DeSilentio2728
Posts: 199
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:38 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby DeSilentio2728 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:10 am

usd
Last edited by DeSilentio2728 on Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AJ1010, Blue664, BodieBroadus, Exabot [Bot], staypuff and 21 guests